philippines :: general

So I visited Homme et Femme a couple days back, and it wasn't really that great. I has a nice selection of designers and labels, but the selection itself wasn't that great. Too "mix-matchy"? Maybe cause everything's been sold cause of the sale :P but still.

I think the guy at Homme Et Femme doesnt really... Iono how to explain...

Just... Buys enough pieces from a brand, jus so someone can have the top and pant of it. Not really much variety at all...

Like wat... two pants and maybe three shirts from a designer? Unlike most stores, that carry the whole lines...

I've been to homme et femme when I was still living in Manila and I totally agree with Stuntastic. Of course back then I was this huge label whore. So when I found out they were carrying Costume National and Helmut Lang I was just all praises for the store. But later on I came to a realization that alot of the stores in Manila that carry high-end brands just sell brand names just because of its label. Even if it looks horrendous as long as it was branded they will sell it. And believe me people actually jump on it even if it looks tacky and fuggly. It's all about the label...which is kind of sad. And I think alot of the stuff that they sell in Manila are what you call leftovers-the ones that don't get sold in major shopping destinations like Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, US, Europe, etc..etc...Alot of the rich people in Manila travel abroad to go shopping...

Wat the fuck is with that song. I get its popular... But its fuckin weird...

I thought it was funny wen I first heard it... Then I saw the video... AND ITS AN OLD GUY SINGING THAT SHIT! WTF...

Weird ass pedophile shit...

Itaktak Siya.

Never heard of it but is it as bad as this?

HkubngCHBwM

pogi that was so bad i almost neg repped you for setting our people back a million years

Hahaha. Shame I wasn't the maker of that video or else I would get neg repped.

Back to the states for the mean time. Gonna work, and save from when I get back, till I come back here (FEB.)

Wen I decided to move here, I was completely unprepared. I originally came here with $300 US, so its been a bitch living here and having to wait for money to be sent till I could find a job.

Havent been able to find a decent job. One place offered 8000 a month, which is how much rent is.

Already planned the savings, estimated how much, and hopefully things work out.

Gonna be hard for me and my girlfriend (I dont care about grammar because I dont), but it'll be worth it in the long run.

did u move there partly because of your gf?

Back to the states for the mean time. Gonna work, and save from when I get back, till I come back here (FEB.)

Wen I decided to move here, I was completely unprepared. I originally came here with $300 US, so its been a bitch living here and having to wait for money to be sent till I could find a job.

Havent been able to find a decent job. One place offered 8000 a month, which is how much rent is.

Already planned the savings, estimated how much, and hopefully things work out.

Gonna be hard for me and my girlfriend (I dont care about grammar because I dont), but it'll be worth it in the long run.

DemiMe, wat are you talking about? Im ALREADY in the Philippines!

did u move there partly because of your gf?

No. I actually met her while I was here. Been with her since March, gone through a whole lot with her. More than I had ever hoped for (the bads of course, the good things we've gone through are beautiful.)

I know what I have to do, and Im willing to do it for the sake of my kids future. Eventhough it kills me to leave, I have to.

I could make a whole long sappy explanation, but no.

Damn that's rough. That's like $160 USD. When I was coming home from a night out, my cousin and I went to a McDo in Ortigas and saw all these people on their "lunch" break at 3 a.m.! My cousin told me they were all from call centers in the area. Sprinkled among the crowd were some white and black dudes probably from America. My cuz said those were the managers of the call centers imported from the States. He said they live a pretty good life in Manila with paid housing, a driver, and all that. I asked how much people in call centers made and he said around 15,000 pesos which he said is a respectable salary in Manila. I was a bit surprised because that's only $300 a month, but it's all relative. 15,000 pesos goes a long way in Manila. My cousin also said a lot of college grads in the Philippines work the call centers because the pay is good and it's an easy job.

Anyway, you should look into working at a call center since you speak English well and it's almost double of what you were offered. Call centers are a lucrative business now in the Philippines. I know there's concentrations of these places in Ortigas and Eastwood City (off Libis). I think the mall in Eastwood is open all night to accommodate the people from call centers. Good luck.

stay here. go there for vacation. theres no money to be made over there unless youre a politician or in show business. think rationally and dont romantacizing cloud your decision making.

Damn that's rough. That's like $160 USD. When I was coming home from a night out, my cousin and I went to a McDo in Ortigas and saw all these people on their "lunch" break at 3 a.m.! My cousin told me they were all from call centers in the area. Sprinkled among the crowd were some white and black dudes probably from America. My cuz said those were the managers of the call centers imported from the States. He said they live a pretty good life in Manila with paid housing, a driver, and all that. I asked how much people in call centers made and he said around 15,000 pesos which he said is a respectable salary in Manila. I was a bit surprised because that's only $300 a month, but it's all relative. 15,000 pesos goes a long way in Manila. My cousin also said a lot of college grads in the Philippines work the call centers because the pay is good and it's an easy job.

Anyway, you should look into working at a call center since you speak English well and it's almost double of what you were offered. Call centers are a lucrative business now in the Philippines. I know there's concentrations of these places in Ortigas and Eastwood City (off Libis). I think the mall in Eastwood is open all night to accommodate the people from call centers. Good luck.

Yea. I met a lot of people who work at call centers...

One girl who has a fatty crush on me, still friends, is making like 30,000 a month? Not bad at all considering here.

But, I cant stand a call center/uniform job. I dont kno. Esp. a call center job. Something about it would make me hate myself. "Yes sir, no sir."

My uncle or his friends own a call center, I coulda got a decent job with them, but... Like I sed. I hate call centers.

A couple more weeks left. Fuck.

Only thing I felt for a few seconds here in the PI, that I miss in the states, is a warm shower HAHAHA... Fuck... Water at my place got hot for a few seconds. Felt sooo good.

I think its from sitting in this chair thats beyond sitting up right... _\

Asshole behind me has his chair all the way back. Fuckin gaming idiot.

Anyways. This prolly should be in confessional, but I dont care.

Im not homophobic in anyway... Until I step into MRT during rush hours. Which is every hour.

Fuck.

How do these bastards jam themselves into MRT dick to ass and or dick to dick soo shamelessly? I mean, Ive felt hands near my balls or a dick on my back pocket. Yea... Its fuckin weird as hell.

Maybe I shouldnt commute in Diors, too fuckin thin.

Also.

I have no problem with beggers/begging kids. But when they TOUCH/GRAB at me. Fuck. I get mad.

Kids would slap out their hands at me or grab at my arms. WTF.

I actually say YUCK, because it pisses me off that they have the nerve to do that. Its not that I DONT feel sorry for them, but fuck.

If youre gonna ask me for money, dont grab at me like I owe you.

Greedy lil bastards. Dont even buy food. All they buy is candy or ice cream.

Tell me something though, when you hung out in greenbelt, did you notice an insane amount of old american ex-pats trying to pick up filipino chicks?

I noticed this outside Mall of Asia. :o

aren't they usually Aussies?

They're from everywhere. You will especially see a bunch of GIs stationed out in Asia (i.e. Korea, Japan, etc.) and will spend their vacations out in the PI, trying to spit game at anything that walks out there.

Aussies, Americans, Brits, etc.