philippines :: general

chinese? halo der!

Shir ah! Ni hao edmond

Was President's the place with the amazing fried chicken?

Presidents serves good oyster cake but it's an expensive place. They have a new branch near Hooters in MOA, my sources say it's not as good as the real one which closed.

Tidbit:

The owner of president and waying are related. Both good places, different price ranges.

Ok guys here is the lowdown in the chicken industry. According to what I like

1. Mutsarap (used to be Popeye's chicken. Not to be confused with the chicken and buscuits place black people usually eat in)

2. Andoks

3. Savory

4. Sincerity

5. Inasal from Bacolod

I know where sincerity's at.

Eng Bee TIn's son used to be a batchmate of mine. I almosed kicked his ass. (back in Elementary days)

For cheap hongkong style chinese food that's good. Go to Waying in binondo. It's the shit! I love that place. Asado,brisket, ha kao, tofun and the likes + milk tea is pretty good.

If anyone wants some Thai food just say so, I know a place that's cheap and quite authentic.

i'm interested in that live band karaoke place, but i can't sing well, although it doesn't deter anyone from doing so after a few beers.

It doesn't matter if you sing well or not, people will still cheer you on. The crowd is pretty nice to singers haha.

Eng Bee TIn's son used to be a batchmate of mine.

Oh, you from Saint Jude? lol.

Presidents serves good oyster cake but it's an expensive place. They have a new branch near Hooters in MOA, my sources say it's not as good as the real one which closed.

For me, President's best dish would be their eel. For oyster cake, Sincerity's is pretty good as well.

Brian: I have a cheap Thai place I frequent near Rockwell, Som's. Not sure if it's the same one as Red's

Damn Im not near the internets for like a week and hella stuffs in this thread...

i think i'm going to the philippines in the winter, can anyone show me proper places to visit? i don't know if my cousins are in the know or what not. or if there is even a "know" in manila

Erm, I'll bring you down some dark street in Cubao and run away and see where youre at an hour later...

Erms...

So Al gets jacked, so no Hooters?

Might need to influence my kumpare to go...

It doesn't matter if you sing well or not, people will still cheer you on. The crowd is pretty nice to singers haha.

Oh, you from Saint Jude? lol.

For me, President's best dish would be their eel. For oyster cake, Sincerity's is pretty good as well.

Brian: I have a cheap Thai place I frequent near Rockwell, Som's. Not sure if it's the same one as Red's

I did some time in St. Jude.

Omwa (eel cake) is good to, Im more of an owatsien (oyster cake) guy but I'll gladly eat either one if it's from the OG president.

SOM's where it's at playboy!

stunt,

sorry broham. I can't go out yet, prelims period and broke as fuck. I don't even have my own mobile yet.

Think that's Savory your talking about there. I was over in China town last week aswell, shopping for fabrics in Divisoria. It's crazy. I mean, for somebody who lives mainly around Makati, going to Divisoria was like a whole different country.

I was able to try out hopia over at Eng Bee Tin, meh, I still think that Polland/Holland stuff better, idk, not my taste. They've crazy Pilipit though, leave it to the Chinese to make a local pastry about a million times better.

Dude poland is too sweet for me and the old scool wrapping is putting me off.

Did you hit up 168 or the OG divisoria/tutuban?

Dude poland is too sweet for me and the old scool wrapping is putting me off.

Did you hit up 168 or the OG divisoria/tutuban?

What, idk. Maybe it's Holand then that im talking about, I know they're different but I just can't remember which one I favor more.

I've no idea. We did go to 168, for lunch at that food court, but that was pretty much it for that spot. I got led to a bunch of old half built buildings that looked like it was a fish market earlier in the morning.

Anyone down to eat for some budget eating food trips? Only contribution I can make in terms of cheap bargain food is Prince Kebab over in Timog.

What, idk. Maybe it's Holand then that im talking about, I know they're different but I just can't remember which one I favor more.

I've no idea. We did go to 168, for lunch at that food court, but that was pretty much it for that spot. I got led to a bunch of old half built buildings that looked like it was a fish market earlier in the morning.

Anyone down to eat for some budget eating food trips? Only contribution I can make in terms of cheap bargain food is Prince Kebab over in Timog.

Cheap good eating places?

Waying in ongpin

soms in bellair

tasty dumpling in ongpin and some other places

and this place in libertad, it's more of a stret eatery but they make awsome bbq-ed ribs, tuna and chicken..

Sango! for good burgers not that cheap but a very good place to eat

DH,

want me to proxy you some savory? lol

I was in Makati/Quezon City last November after being away for more than a decade. I stayed at the Peninsula Hotel in Makati for the first couple of days, then proceeded living at my cousin's condominium called Olympic Heights in Eastwood City.

I had a chance to go to the newer shopping centers and saw new condos and the one that I really liked was Fort Bonifacio. It was clean, modern and security was very good.

My impressions are: Traffic is super bad. It would take half a day to get anywhere so your activities would be limited during the course of the day. Yes, having a personal driver would be good. Having several maids would even be better. I was lucky my cousins supplied me with a couple of drivers, two maids and a masseuse at my disposal.

Good luck and the University of Santo Thomas is still a very good university. It's the only Pontifcal University in Asia and it's even older than Harvard.

I should mention that for Indian food our favorite by far is Queens along Jupiter. They have Indian and Malaysian chefs and import their spices from Singapore weekly.

There's also this place we like near P.Burgos called Ziggurat, which serves Indian and middle-Eastern cuisine.

In the same area, Filling Station is good for American food.

If you're anywhere near UP Diliman, check out Chocolate Kiss at the Bahay Ng Alumni inside the UP campus. Good food, and cheap!

I should mention that for Indian food our favorite by far is Queens along Jupiter. They have Indian and Malaysian chefs and import their spices from Singapore weekly.

There's also this place we like near P.Burgos called Ziggurat, which serves Indian and middle-Eastern cuisine.

In the same area, Filling Station is good for American food.

If you're anywhere near UP Diliman, check out Chocolate Kiss at the Bahay Ng Alumni inside the UP campus. Good food, and cheap!

I've heard a lot about this Ziggurat place. I get my indian fix at New Bombay restoraunt.

Hey guys we should go shesha-ing sometime.... I usually shesha in Malate after eating some kebabs.

Heh. I just got myself a Sango Master Burger for lunch from the Makati branch.

Hav you tried their shakes? They are divine.

Heyy, just poppin in to ask some questions. I'm 18 years old, in community college working up to transfer to a university, and don't really know what to do with my life. I have an uncle that's fairly well off in the PI that always begs me to come out. I was planning on going next summer but that's irrelevant. what I wanted to know, how hard is it to make a good living out there? I don't know if that's what I want to do with my life, but its been running through my mind. After schooling out here in the states, is there any chance of living well there with a nice job?

Heyy, just poppin in to ask some questions. I'm 18 years old, in community college working up to transfer to a university, and don't really know what to do with my life. I have an uncle that's fairly well off in the PI that always begs me to come out. I was planning on going next summer but that's irrelevant. what I wanted to know, how hard is it to make a good living out there? I don't know if that's what I want to do with my life, but its been running through my mind. After schooling out here in the states, is there any chance of living well there with a nice job?

It's quite hard. A lot of college graduates have a difficult time finding a good job. Blue collar jobs will almost definitely put you below the poverty line, even taking into account the low cost of living here.

If your uncle is well off here, he probably has enough connections to get you a decent paying by Philippine standards but you will still be making only a small fraction of what you would if you stayed in the US.

Are you white? Can you act or pretend to atleast to know how to? Do you speak tagalog with a funny accent?

IF you answer yes to any of my questions you may have a career in modelling,acting or being a radio DJ. That's how it is here.

The PHL is not a good country to live in specially if you are westernized. Low wages, insane heat and not a lot of good things to buy here if ever there is, it's overpriced to oblivion.

rant over.

^

It's not even worth it to get a summer job there. Become an actor or work overseas seem like the best plan.

Usually the pay for the sumerjob here are approx $2-8 $10 if you're lucky. And that's per day. Good luck on getting proper employment if you're under 18.

Fuck Soms...

It aint good, even for the cheap price...

The bitches that go there tho, arent bad at alllll...

Fuckin weird ass pervert at Greenbelt last nite...

Went to visit Reggae Mistress at Havana, I go up to the CR and I see this old dude walk out of the hallway, and he starts checkin me out. I go in and take a piss, this faggot stands right next to me and stares down at me... WHOA BUDDY...

So I scurry outta there cuz I dont wanna punch an old guy...

My buddy goes into the CR, and has the same experience...

Fuckin weiiiird ass shit...

If I were as tall as a Filipino and dark, maybe.

recognize. This is my bigger nigga. lol

Jan I might be able to get some hooters soon. Im sellin the superbike and getting a vespa or somekind of shit....