Post your desktops.

seksu!

• 3 weeks later...
cant understand people who use mac os without quicksilver

see, I still haven't gotten it, cause I honestly don't know what I'd need it for. At all. I dunno what it does. My computer gfx teacher in HS told me its really good, but as far as I can tell, my computer works just as well without it. Some explain me the benefits, cause I see no downside to getting it, I'm just confused because he must've given a really poor definition of what it does in class, leading to my hesitation.

i'd like a few infos on it too

i've been downloading it a few times but always ended up deleting it

it's a launcher right ? like it does what spotlight does but better ? you can control itunes with it or something ?

see, I still haven't gotten it, cause I honestly don't know what I'd need it for. At all. I dunno what it does. My computer gfx teacher in HS told me its really good, but as far as I can tell, my computer works just as well without it. Some explain me the benefits, cause I see no downside to getting it, I'm just confused because he must've given a really poor definition of what it does in class, leading to my hesitation.
i'd like a few infos on it too

i've been downloading it a few times but always ended up deleting it

it's a launcher right ? like it does what spotlight does but better ? you can control itunes with it or something ?

Yes it's a launcher. Only good if you're the sort who're used to using keyboard shortcuts to do most things on your machine, ie. if your fingers seldom leave the keyboard, Quicksilver lets you do pretty much anything.

It will be of no use to you if you use the mouse to click around to do everything. Eg. if you put applications on your dock, click on them to launch, if you click all over the screen with your mouse.

Quicksilver's for keyboard ninjas.

The simplest thing Quicksilver does is catalog all your applications (you can get it to catalog any folder you set it to) so everything can be launched.

It catalogs your browser bookmarks and history so any URL can be called up.

It comes with iTunes plugin so you can control iTunes (but a lot of apps like CoverSutra or Bowtie does the same thing). There are other plugins in for it that extends what it does.

You can move/copy files with it from your keyboard, you can type a note and save it as txt with it. You can customise your own actions so you can control Adium with it. I think you can add entries to your calendar with it.

Anything you want to do with a keyboard, and with a system-built application, you should be able to do with Quicksilver.

• 2 weeks later...