WH/BiG Preorders start now!!!

cheep

So, I heard a ton of people sizing down only one size but according to the chart it can shrink up to two sizes down so let's say I'm trying to get a 29 in. waist, would I order a size 27? And if that's true, does that mean they measure at a size 31 in its original raw state?

yes, yes and yes.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, sounds like some of you guys really need to read through the Dubbleworks thread, because you're going to have one fucking tight pair of jeans if you buy according to that logic.

Basically, the chart is for post-soak, so that's NOT for raw measurements. Those are about what your jeans will measure after the soak.

Other thing you need to know is this: These jeans are meant to sit low on the hips. Your hips are 2" bigger than your waist, so the wacky waist sizes accomodate that.

As a rule of thumb with these, just look at cheep's fit. Size down 2 if you want a really slim fit, go true size if you want a regular fit.

went to BiG today to try on the fit... was goin to downsize by 1 but size 32(true size) fits perfectly...

came out to $157 after tax

when you guys speak of sizes, are you refering to the size or the waist on the chart?

660_washed_speks.jpg

hahahahha i just want to die right now!!! hahahahhahahahahahhaha

went to BiG today to try on the fit... was goin to downsize by 1 but size 32(true size) fits perfectly...

came out to $157 after tax

ok the chart says a size 32's waist is 34. is that wrong? this is confusing. unless your true waist size is 34

Thanks to evilgeniusdan and kert. My hips aren't really 29 and forgot to take the rise into consideration. My hips (where a lower rise pair of jeans would sit) are actually about a 31.5 so I'll probably order a size 29 since I've also heard 100% full shrinkage would be difficult and require serveral hard washes and hot dry.

x-post from the other thread, but i went to blue in green tonight and tried on the distressed 660 in size 30. was really loose on me all around. i'm going for a size 28 raw, calculating the fact that i also don't intend to wash too often.

for reference, i wear eternal 811 in a 30 and full count 1108 in a 29.

i wear a 30 in umiis -- but umiis have tight waist for me. i feel like i could've gone with a 29 if it wasn't for the waist. with suminandos, from what i can tell from the one i tried on at the store, i'm a 29. felt like it fit me real well. both sizes are one-wash.

Uh... so these are shipping out in ~2mos? That means I'll be moved into college safely, but I won't know my mailing address there until well after the preorder ends.

Any way to order then go back and change shipping address later? Or can anyone from the Philadelphia area "hold" these for me?

I have a suggestion. Change the size table so that in the "SIZE" row there is A, B, C, ... instead of 30, 31, 32, ... I bet there would be less confusion here said the joker to the... :)

Well, you are missing the point of the +2. You are meant to purchase your true size, and then wear the jeans on your hips. I am guessing that that is why Cheep took pictures with both the 28" (his "real size") and a 30" (technically +2). If you prefer the first look, size down 2. If you prefer the second (which I do, very much), then purchase true to waist size. Unfortunately, 32" is my "real size," and I typically size up to a 34" to get the same look. I was considering purchasing a 34" tagged for the measurements (which would be perfect), but in a 36" waist, it would be 4 sizes too big... Good luck to all participating, and congratulations to those that got this project off of the ground. It has been expertly handled, thus far. This seems like as close to a Warehouse (denim) X APC (cut) colab as we're ever going to get, and the price is perfect.

Well, you are missing the point of the +2. You are meant to purchase your true size, and then wear the jeans on your hips. I am guessing that that is why Cheep took pictures with both the 28" (his "real size") and a 30" (technically +2). If you prefer the first look, size down 2. If you prefer the second (which I do, very much), then purchase true to waist size. Unfortunately, 32" is my "real size," and I typically size up to a 34" to get the same look. I was considering purchasing a 34" tagged for the measurements (which would be perfect), but in a 36" waist, it would be 4 sizes too big... Good luck to all participating, and congratulations to those that got this project off of the ground. It has been expertly handled, thus far. This seems like as close to a Warehouse (denim) X APC (cut) colab as we're ever going to get, and the price is perfect.

Actually, missing the +2 (or any other number) was my intent. Just measure where you are supposed to wear your jeans and look the chart. Thats what I usually do...

it says on BiG that there's going to be a 2 month production time on these, does that mean from the closing date of the pre-order or from when everyone decides on the rules/start date etc?

?

would probably make sense to begin production from the end of the pre-order..wouldn't it?

i mean that's still two months to decide 'rules' and the start date anyway

and obviously if they are still making them, the date can be pushed back