The Insomnia Thread

AstroWolf

• 3 weeks later...

insomnia having insomnia posting in the insomnia thread

now thats synergy

i gotta be up by 7 fml

I broke day the last two days... was out till 8:30 at a bar the day before yesterday, got home at nine, got to work at noon. was amazed i survived. even more surprised i made it till 5 am last night at a friends b day.

insomnia can work for you too!

All you insomnia having bastards should start programming. I don't have functional insomnia, but somehow coding started me working into the 2/3am range without realizing it.

That or you can take up starcraft 2.

(or day trading forex, but that shit hurts when it drops)

• 1 month later...

thank based god i dont have to wake up early later

• 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting 7 months for my insurance to get me in to this sleep clynic at a local hospital that looks like something out of a tv show... i go over at 330 today and they put electrodes on my head and a little belt to monitor my crazy mind... i get to chill out, eat, watch tv and walk around the hospital all day till i fall asleep AT THE FUCKING HOSPITAL (my first night ever at one).... this has taken so long to get to happen, and thanks to my EU insurance its all free, shit back home would cost DOUGH.

will let ya all know what happens when i get the final interview next month... shits taken forever to get going.... totally nuts.

• 2 months later...

har. yall funny. wanted 2 quote a few of yall because i can soooooo relate but got lazy. specifically on the usually widely accepted means of initiating sleep (smokin weed, eatin hella food), they never really effect me in that way. after indulging in a few bowls/accompanying XL pizzas with my roommate, i'll generally just sit around feeling uncomfortably full and a bit of that terrible robotic post-marijuana high for an extended period of time.

hate it. wish my bodily reactions made more sense. but dey don't :(

not sure where you read about eating before going to sleep, but that is one big cause of insomnia. shouldn't eat a heavy meal less than 3-4 hours before going to bed. Not to mention that your body have a much harder time breaking down calories when sleeping, increasing your chances of weight gain.

I havent been able to sleep lately. My brain just wont shut up and it goes into carnival mode when I lay down. Weed doesnt help either. :(

similar situation prior to taking melatonin, although it only happened about 2 nights a week.

if by "carnival mode" you mean thinking about everything without actually realising anything, it helps. except the dreaming is strange, very very strange. not nightmares, just deeply psychological.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...