The Insomnia Thread

AstroWolf

I dont know what i hope to acomplish by making this thread, but im interested in what people do to fight this monster that has haunted me my whole life, loooooooong before i knew about drugs that helped make it worse.

Some clues to the thing for me,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

What do you do?

Work? Lie there? Sex? Cook? Fight it? Meditation? Music? Xanax? Melatonin? So many options, do any work?

Hit me up, were interested...

"The royal we. You know. The editorial?!" ~ The Dude

I'm up till about 4-4:30am everynight doing absolutely butt fuck nothing. Since it's summer I dont have to worry too much about my sleep schedule but I stayed up this late all through freshman year of college which wasn't the best idea. I never have trouble falling asleep once I'm in bed, but I just never feel like going to bed. I just know that I should go to bed.

What's worse is finally feeling tired laying around doing nothing finally ready to go to sleep, and then I brush my teeth and end up wide awake again.

i find that eating half a pint of ice cream knocks me the fuck out, though i wouldnt suggest it as a long term solution cause then youll be a fatty mcfat.

or you can try an extreme reveral of your schedule. stay up all night and dont take any naps the next day. by night time you should be able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour. just force yourself to go to sleep at the same hour on subsequent nights. this has worked for me with moderate success. sadly, it usually lasts about a week because my lifestyle is such that i always have shit to do late at night. if i didnt have shit to do at night, i would like to think that id be able to continue going to bed at a reasonable hour.

I'm really drunk. I'm just browsing for a bit to make sure i feel cool enough to sleep.

Man that took longer to type than it should've. I can sleep in till forever tomorrow. Publix bakery calls during the wekday though. I'm in orlando now but excited to get back to gainesville because sidney and azn8oi sent me my apc stuff. Hopefully it all fits me so i don't have to sell it to all you faggots here.

uh, most nights, mind alteration starts at 10. Depending on what drug I am doing that night (usually just weed), I usually go out around 12 try to get into a few places (EVERYTHING here is 21 and up). I come back around 2:30 hang out intill 3:30 then go out and bomb or I just stay in. Then from 4:30 to 6:00 I am either still high, watching a movie or making music. Then around 7 I am laying in bed listening to music. I don't get up till 3:00 pm, and I am not usally showered before 5.

Though, obviously I am home. I couldn't find anything to do. Slow night.

I feel your pain. Not being 21 used to suck. It's terrible when you don't know if you're going to be able to get into a place or not. I went to a house party in the Rollins College area in orlando tonight after already being kinda drunk but it was fun. They had a wii, which made it worthwhile. I came in and carried this terrible girl to victory in wii tennis. Then played baseball like a champion. Video games make lame, small parties a lot better.

I'm up till about 4-4:30am everynight doing absolutely butt fuck nothing. Since it's summer I dont have to worry too much about my sleep schedule but I stayed up this late all through freshman year of college which wasn't the best idea. I never have trouble falling asleep once I'm in bed, but I just never feel like going to bed. I just know that I should go to bed.

What's worse is finally feeling tired laying around doing nothing finally ready to go to sleep, and then I brush my teeth and end up wide awake again.

I hear ya man. It's 5 right now and I probably won't be going to sleep until 8 in the morning. I did this through first year too and that might've been the reason I failed business class.

I'm really drunk. I'm just browsing for a bit to make sure i feel cool enough to sleep.

Man that took longer to type than it should've. I can sleep in till forever tomorrow. Publix bakery calls during the wekday though. I'm in orlando now but excited to get back to gainesville because sidney and azn8oi sent me my apc stuff. Hopefully it all fits me so i don't have to sell it to all you faggots here.

yo chrono, hit a brotha up. im 2 minutes from rollins and dont have shit going on

Take two benadryls. You know how all those allergy drug advertise themselves as "non-drowsy" ? Well benadryl is the one that IS drowsy. Take two of them and you'll sleep like a baby

or down a quarter bottle nyquil. thats been my remedy for a little now when i NEED to assure sleep

^^^^^^

when i used to down a bottle of nyquil, yea it would make me sleep...but it wasnt worth it cuz most of the next morning/afternoon i felt like i was in a nasty haze...

ambien's are gold, but you gotta keep upping the doses due to tolerance...when i was taking em, i had to take up to like 40mgs to sleep..they work great when youre dopesick as well...just eat a mouthfull of em and some soma's and you can get a few hours.

they have some newer sleep aids, lunesta is one i can think of...really easy to get a script for.

oh word, i used to flip that shit with lots of coffee....

start seeing stuff....ambien is a piece of cake to get a script for..you in florida too.

went last week and got scripts for lorcets, xanax, and soma's....

but as they say "sell it dont tell it" so thats enough.

yeah, to make a long story short, i once thought i was an ant king because of ambien.

and not saying perscriptions are tough to get, but im an apathetic fuck, its hard to bring myself to wait an hour in the doctors office when i actually have a real reason for being there

My honest problem is i cant fall asleep and i never want to wake up, im just not inclined mentaly to do either AT ALL. So even if i stay awake, or get little sleep, i still cant fall out. Even if im sitting at home, stoned, drunk, tired, on the couch with nothing on TV im still just NOT TIRED! Then when i do fall out, im dead to the world to wake up, tests, work, love, life, its all meaningless like i was a dope fiend for more sleep, its amazing what i have blown off to get more sleep.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Shit, i can't believe i was posting at 4:35am. I should've just gone to sleep.