The Insomnia Thread

AstroWolf

these past 4 days -- first a 24 hour shift, no sleep, next day 1 hour of sleep interrupted by janitor needing to get into the apartment, night flight to LA for friend's wedding, 2 days in LA with little sleep because of partying, then on second night red eye flight back to NYC, arrived 6am, headed straight to work for another 24 hour shift...at some point you cease to be tired and you're just dizzy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i don't know how long it's been, but i can only sleep for 6 hours. like almost 6 hours exact and my body just wakes up. not only that, but i can only breath through one nostril when sleeping and don't know if that's the reason why im tired most of the day and can't memorize for shit (lack of oxygen and sleep?).

and my neck hurts all the time. tried sleeping on a memory foam ( a generic neck one), a down one, and some synthectic one or w.e but it just doesn't do it for me.

shit i need help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i'm trying this thing based on REM cycles where i sleep in 3, 6, or 9 hour blocks. (7:30am ideal wake up = 10:30, 1:30, or 4:30 bed time. if i miss the 4:30 mark i skip sleep that night and aim for a 9 or 12 hour block the next.) it's been a bit over a week since i started it and my internal alarm clock is usually able to wake me up within a 5-10 min margin of error.

not sure yet if it's making me feel better during the day, but i wake up much less groggy/grumpy and i'm able to maintain my insomniac ways...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

been experiencing the realest insomnia this past week. i'm regularly sleeping from 7am–2pm and it's affecting my health and work life... do any of you guys use sleep aids? i've tried melatonin, valerian root, herbal teas... none really helped much. i tried an OTC pill that has doxylamine, but it kinda worked too well—I slept for about 15 hrs and was still groggy afterwards