The Insomnia Thread

AstroWolf

i cosign using benedryl. 2 benadryl and a beer and you will sleep rest assured. my sleeping problem is waking up 2 hours before im supposed to be to work for no apparent reason and not being able to go back to sleep, thus making my intended 7 hours of sleep turn into 5. only happens when i have to work the lunch shift as the resturant at 10 or 11.

when i only sleep 5-6 hours i actually feel pretty good for the first part of the day and sometimes a little cracked out towards the end of the day. lack of sleep makes me feel kind of on edge, not giving a fuck, wanting to fuck people up like a sociopath. i once couldnt sleep all night and went directly to a job interview at a bank and i swear i gave the best interview ever. didnt hire me for some reason though. ive heard that some people can thrive on 5 hours of sleep. p diddy only sleeps 5 hours if i recall. take that. when i sleep more than 7 hours i feel sluggish and bland. i need to start sleeping less.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i can never sleep and end up falling asleep at 6am. this is going to be a long night.

edit: 216th post, yay cleveland! er, yeah.

+REP FOR HOW TO FIX SLEEPSCHEDULE

there was a point last summer when i was getting into bed at like 9AM. the thought crossed my mind that if i keep pushing back sleep a few hours every day eventually it will cycle all the way back around to the correct time. never got around to it.

No, does not work. At this point, you're really just going to have to push real hard and crash real hard. You've altered your cycle and you're body's trying to get used to it; you need a full brain/body reset.

6mgs of melatonin, chew that shit down, swallow. youre out nicely in 30 minutes. and its all natural. i had insomnia nuts my whole life, this is the only thing thats worked. but now im hooked, cant sleep without it.meh

i should try that^.

its 7:18 am and i am not asleep. wtf. at least i made some cash selling some jeans, yay!

i try to sleep now, good night/morning sufu. :)

• 1 month later...

melatonin can casue nightmares in a lot of people. using that much is really not good for you at all. it might put you out, but fucks your cycle to shit.

i have been cutting out drinking lately, that has helped a lot. all the suger in beer really gets to you. but thats just something im working with.

suprised this thread never really took off, glad to see it back in action, i know were all fucking coke head degenerate gamblers here anyway! :)

I have pretty bad insomnia, with a horrible sleeping pattern. I usually can't sleep until I'm DEAD, retarded tired. Many times a week when I go try and sleep, I'm too restlest and can't get comfortable without freaking out. Smoking a bowl before sleep helps, but damn I need to pass a drug test.

If I didn't hate droopy eyes, I would never sleep.

• 1 month later...