chucks vintage official thread

chucksvintage

What else do you guy's want to see?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What else do you guy's want to see?

Chucks Vintage is a Vintage denim mecca located at 7515 melrose ave in LA. We stock a large variety of rare denim and an assortment of hard to find originals.

Vintage brands >> Levis, Wrangler, Blue bell, Vintage Boss, Can't bust 'em, Vintage Stronghold, Foremost, Lee, Carhartt, Big Yank, Boss Of The Road, Sweet Orr, Head Light, Super Pay Day, Penny's, Hercules, 101 Montgomery Ward, Vintage Wabash overall,pants, jackets, Maverick, Round House denim brand, Sears Roebuck, Vintage Dickie's.

For orders or inquiries please contact us via email or by phone on 323 653 5386.

Hello again,

What shirt brands do you guy's like that have a Vintage feel to them? How about Imperials? I would Love to carry 45rpm to bad they only sell to there stores.

Thank You,

Madeline

I'd be interested in both Real McCoy and Kapital. Kapital moreso though, since Self Edge will be carrying Real McCoy. Don't think Kapital has any american stockists, though I did once hear that American Rag's World Denim Bar would be stocking them.

I'd say Samurai, but it seems like BiG kinda has them locked up stateside. How about Studio D' artisan?

CONTACT

Lee Japan, I hate ordering from Aero.

/CONTACT

I SECOND THIS. There seems to be a shortage of vintage Lee made easily available to the States...unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for shipping.

Vintage Lee! I've wanted to get the Lee 101 jackets for awhile. Still torn as to whether to get the lined one, or the long, slim one.

Non-denim-wise Buzz Ricksons...?

You should try to carry the entire LVC line, rather than just the stuff that is released in the US. Sugarcane replicas LEE/Levis inspired. Redwing boots. Maybe try to get some of the Buzz Rickson jackets, sweatshirts, that are vintage inspired.

When I think workwear, I think of work clothes from the turn of the century up till the end of the 40s, so any replica of that type of clothing would be great.

I live in Thousand Oaks and need to find my way down to this shop.

Gilded Age also has some nice stuff for shirts and shorts. I don't dig the denim all that much though. They do have some mud dyed jeans that are pretty, but nothing to cry over.

I need your guys advice now that you see what my store image is all for some New Vinatge inspired/workwear lines?

!. What Kind of fit.

2. Raw / Hear wash/dead

3. Selvage/no selvage

4. Boot cut/straight leg/ Flares?

Some insite so I can decide.

Thank You

Madeline

I think I can speak for many here when I say that selvage is always nice...straight leg is the preference...no bootcut...no flares...and all raw.

As far as brands go...Warehouse/Duckdigger...Johnbull-Sewing Chop...Dubbleworks...I know many of the nice denim brands are available at BiG & SE...but out-of-state competition is never a bad thing for us consumers.

if im not mistaken, sugarcan stopped doing replicas?

Not true! They were considering it for a while, but elected not to discontinue the repro styles. Same thing with putting the Union Stars on all the back pockets; thought about it.....elected not to

thank god. they have some of the nicest deatils and custruction of any japanese brands....althoguh i could never really wear there stuff, i love it andappreciate the effort they put into designs/repros