Sign in to follow this  
Aku

Tie with polo/tee's, tacky or not.

I think that John Krasinski looks good in the latest GQ with a leather tie and Polo t.

727670483_8827b958db_o.jpg

i say for this to work it has to be hidious! like mismatched prints or flipped collar and short tie! make it sooo bad its good.

You should not try this look unless you are rail thin and know entirely too much about music.

Quoted for truth.

NO, polos are ment to be worn without the tie to give it that "chill" look. if you want to wear a tie so bad then just wear a button up.

What the fuck is that "chill" look?

I'm sorry, but a Polo with a tie can work. You just have to match accordingly. (Or clash magnificently)

That "chill" look is the difference between a formal and just hanging the fuck out.

But I agree, polos CAN work with ties, just under circumstance.

Funny that this came up. I passed a hipster kid on the street in my hood Sat nite wearing skinny jeans, neutral colored t, newspaper-boy style cap, and a patterned tie. He was, of course, thin as a rail. I thought he looked ridiculous.

Maybe a tie+polo combo could work, with the right stuff. Or maybe a polo/tie or t/tie with a jacket/blazer/etc.... but I doubt it. None of the pics on this thread have me sold either.

maybe we need some images of the dude wearing it before we make judgement whether it's okay or not...

it's a heavily divided issue here.

APC had polos x ties for Summer 07

2007_e28.jpg

It's all about complimentary/neutral colors. Use your color wheel, kids. :P

Funny that this came up. I passed a hipster kid on the street in my hood Sat nite wearing skinny jeans, neutral colored t, newspaper-boy style cap, and a patterned tie. He was, of course, thin as a rail. I thought he looked ridiculous.

Maybe a tie+polo combo could work, with the right stuff. Or maybe a polo/tie or t/tie with a jacket/blazer/etc.... but I doubt it. None of the pics on this thread have me sold either.

I saw some tubby nine year old at work today wearing a green day t-shirt with a pink tie, too tight jeans and a camo baseball hat that said "CANADA"

fucking beautiful.

I saw some tubby nine year old at work today wearing a green day t-shirt with a pink tie, too tight jeans and a camo baseball hat that said "CANADA"

fucking beautiful.

:D

genius