My Tokyo Blog (well, sort of)

herpsky

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
loveless and colors by numbers (owned by the same people) are both having a sale

i'm not in jp now, but i had my boy pick me up the born of chaos tees. i have found the 100,000 mj zipped sneakers elsewhere for half that.

is it true that the whereabouts sneakers are also on sale?

Guest jmatsu
how much?

no discount on those loveless x ksubi jeans

i actually bought them a couple of weeks ago when i was there for 28,000

i was like "i don't need a drink, can you give me a discount."

they just laughed.

bonjour records

i bet the CDs they sell arent even that great

but their kickass sound system lures customers into buying them...

Guest jmatsu
ive never bought anything from loveless

you get free drinks at the bar?

after you purchase something, you get a complimentary drink.

it's wack, but i love loveless.

Guest jmatsu
lad musician sale

bauhaus? l/s tees, denim, jackets are on sale

i generally like lad musician, but i've never been a diehard fan. that's like rajio's shit! he's the only indian (or part indian) i know who rocks it!

was this at montoak (however it's spelled)?

Monotoak is owned by Jun Co. Ltd. which does Junmen, Jun Club, Rope, Adam et Rope, etc., and Jayro labels. I really like that cafe, especially the 2nd floor balcony. Good for people watching...

Frankly, Japanese streetwear died out when Dior Homme hit the seen in 2003-ish IMO. As soon as this new silhouette hit the scene, a shit load of label cropped up to fill in the niche. Hare didn't start copying the Dior look until late 2004-ish. Now the look its completely utterly played out to the nth degree and the only people rocking the look are dis-illusioned highschool boys who can't afford Dior and no-body remembered to tell them the look is dead. These are the same boys w/ feminine haircuts, skinny jeans under black boots, with boston bags in shades of black and gray, who'll trade in the look for a conservative black cropped haircut, ill-fitted 3-button suit from Yofuku-Aoyama in plain black when they graduate college and on weekends shop at Tornado Mart and Melrose Place to get the "newest trends" w/ their stereotypical OL gfs, effectively integrating into the homogenous mediocry that is the salaryman lifestyle. Hare is wack.

Monotoak is owned by Jun Co. Ltd. which does Junmen, Jun Club, Rope, Adam et Rope, etc., and Jayro labels. I really like that cafe, especially the 2nd floor balcony. Good for people watching...

Frankly, Japanese streetwear died out when Dior Homme hit the seen in 2003-ish IMO. As soon as this new silhouette hit the scene, a shit load of label cropped up to fill in the niche. Hare didn't start copying the Dior look until late 2004-ish. Now the look its completely utterly played out to the nth degree and the only people rocking the look are dis-illusioned highschool boys who can't afford Dior and no-body remembered to tell them the look is dead. These are the same boys w/ feminine haircuts, skinny jeans under black boots, with boston bags in shades of black and gray, who'll trade in the look for a conservative black cropped haircut, ill-fitted 3-button suit from Yofuku-Aoyama in plain black when they graduate college and on weekends shop at Tornado Mart and Melrose Place to get the "newest trends" w/ their stereotypical OL gfs, effectively integrating into the homogenous mediocry that is the salaryman lifestyle. Hare is wack.

this was a very entertaining read:cool:.

i was in kyoto for like 3 days.

man, the internet / manga cafes there blow cock.

like they require IDs... the only form of "ID" i had was my sumitomo VISA card.

they were like NO. told them to go suck some Ds.

some things i noticed in kyoto:

-no one wears colored jeans e.g. black, grey, purple

-hardly anyone wears TIGHT pants

-lots of blue jeans

-pretty unfashionable

-i saw 3 or 4 guys sporting the same APC S/S white/blue striped tee with a LOUD ASS "APC" logo. hella gaye.

-like most guys in kyoto are bad looking. wtf. so

youd see 6-7s (girls) walking around with a 3-4 guys

*note im talking about the ugly<-->hot on a scale of 1 to 10.

-i guess the positive aspect is that kyoto guys look a lot more MANLY than tokyo stick-thin lady boyz in their superfine and april 77 e.g. those guys who sit in front of the GAP in harajuku

i bought some Akafuku mochi and Kurogoma Otabes for my family.

My dad loves akafuku. you shall try it. its very good.

Well, its nearly impossible to find in tokyo cause the store is in Ise where hiroshi-kun is from.

ramen jiro is overrated. and appaerently the tastes differ depending on the location. theres a whole bunch of em across tokyo.

theres like a ramen ranking website with reviews. i use that pretty often.

uh...been to kyoto once....

long long time ago thou...

old classic city? i can say...nothing really fashionable..

but do love kiyomizudera and kinkakuji temple thou..

i thought the city is like a squareish shit..with west east south north gate or sth..

maybe i am wrong...

great point herp..

i bought some Akafuku mochi and Kurogoma Otabes for my family.

My dad loves akafuku. you shall try it. its very good.

Well, its nearly impossible to find in tokyo cause the store is in Ise where hiroshi-kun is from.