Ann Demeulemeester Men's S/S 08

chris

dude... i dont know if you've ever been there...but louis is one of the most well respected and beautiful boutique department stores in the world. sure, you may not find anything in the mens department that fits you (as they generally start the mens sizing at 38, occasionally stocking 36), but you'd be blown away by the selection of Kiton, Brioni, and Dries that they have. Most of the mens sales people (called Wardrobe Consultants) have been there for over 20 years, some of them over 30. They have taken some risky chances buying upcoming designers in the past, only to become the pioneers of brands like Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Marni, Neil Barrett, Dries Van Noten, and countless others. They have been family owned since the beginning, and have made an incredible imprint in the fashion world. Anyone who hasnt heard of or fails to understand the significance of LouisBoston should be ashamed.

And you mock the grassroots effort they explore in visual representations of merchandise? you would be so lucky to learn from them.

grassroots effort or not, the people on their website look awful. you can calm down though, i wasn't trashing the store itself. but while we're on the subject, their dries markup is absolutely ridiculous. they wanted $670 for a sweater i paid $400 for elsewhere. the 'consultant' i spoke to was kind of clueless, however, so she could have been mistaken, who knows!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic