Sign in to follow this  
Raskol

Using the search

I hate using the search because it sucks. It rarely works. Even when I know the exact keywords that are in a particular thread or post, it will still yield no results.

Example: I went to advanced search and typed in "superconfessional" under keywords and selected "Search Titles only" from the pull-down menu. Then I selected "Search All Open Forums." The result: absolutely nothing.

Am I missing something? Or does the search in superfuture just suck?

Agreed.

I looked up "Iron Army" in superdenim, and it came up with the Denim in Sinapore thread.

:(

It's weird because it used to work better. It seems broken now. I have gone back to using Google with much better results.

i don't like the google search. i liked the old sufu search better too. what's wrong with it?

...what's wrong with it?

It acts like it doesn't index keywords. Search for posts by user works; search for keywords mostly doesn't. I don't know if its a vBulletin parameter that's set wrong or what.

^^

this is fuckin up my whole program

any chance of getting it fixed?

modzz?

Anybody know of a good way to search for all the posts by a particular within a single thread?

for example, if i wanted to look for all of ddml's waywt posts...

i can find all the posts by a user within a particular forum (such as supershopper) but no within a particular thread (such as waywt).

help please?

i fully agree, the insite search sucks manhood. i used to find the thread using google then find the exact post through the 'search this thread' option now that doesnt even work.