cheep

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
yep. who has no fucking style.

bb090606um9cp6dw2.jpg

cult has come a long way since this tho... he has some style now.

sorry not quite enough. i've had my problems with the guy and from time to time he apears to "talk the talk," but it perplexes me as to why everyone is so lenient with his fit sensiblities. if a noob or unpopular member were similar, they'd endure way harsher barrages of shit. it's like everyone actually strains just to fish for pointless compliments (i.e. the bugs in his backyard, the weather reports). anyway i've already decimated him in the past. i'll leave it to the new blood.

some people don't have style here. They just dress really well. The people with style are the ones pushing the envolope with complex garments and/or a certain uniqueness. For example, milspex or chris, or dark animal have style. Granted this is just my silly stupid ass opinion

by the way, my name's fit today was superb

Alot of people don't have style here. They just dress really well. The people with style are the ones pushing the envolope with complex garments and/or a certain uniqueness. For example, milspex or canice have style. Granted this is just my silly stupid ass opinion

You have no say in this, having posted some of the most atrocious pictures into best waywt pics thread.

In a parallel universe where nobody posted the same fit before.

Guest jmatsu
Ehh... I on the other hand don't get why cult gets so much hate, but people like My Name or kenthenoob are left alone (well, My Name got some hate, but not nearly enough).

i don't even know who MY Name is, but kendtthenoob knows he's a dork and it's that sort of humility that probably makes people not want to even bother. it'd be like picking on the resident cripple.

sorry not quite enough. i've had my problems with the guy and from time to time he apears to "talk the talk," but it perplexes me as to why everyone is so lenient with his fit sensiblities. if a noob or unpopular member were similar, they'd endure way harsher barrages of shit. it's like everyone actually strains just to fish for pointless compliments (i.e. the bugs in his backyard, the weather reports). anyway i've already decimated him in the past. i'll leave it to the new blood.

I completely agree. I mean, he seems like a nice dude. But everything he wears is shit to me. But he seems to be a SuFu and Style Forum favorite, so maybe I'm the knucklehead.

Guest jmatsu
some people don't have style here. They just dress really well. The people with style are the ones pushing the envolope with complex garments and/or a certain uniqueness. For example, milspex or chris, or dark animal have style. Granted this is just my silly stupid ass opinion

you have to define style more specifically. i would usually entertain the fact that people who dress really well (not just having great pieces, but looking good whilst upon them)have style in regards to clothing. you can't just assume since a couple of people posted first that a couple of people who posted 2nd/later are mere emulators.

Guest jmatsu
Some members have a distinct personal style that stands out amidst a sea of sameness and blankness. But distinct does not necessarily equal good.

exactly! in tokyo there is this crazy fucking old man who dresses in a soccer uniform and wears a preschool backpack. he's distinct, but dresses like fucking looney tunes.

mad homless people dress pretty distinct, but look like and smell like shit. and a big reason why i don't randomly hate on them in the street is because they're not trying to put on any facade of being the "cool guy." they're homeless, they know they're homeless, they are forced to dress the way they do, and don't / would never front (even through they couldn't) on a fashion forum.

No I don't think anybody is emulating, I'm just saying they dress well. Where as some people are more experimental, and pull it off well.

sayword....nice gif in your sig...got a link to a youtube?

nah, I wish

Thats just it...he is popular or at the very least liked on here because it doesnt matter how well you think youre dress a piece of shit skinny jeans that cost 200 with a shirt from supreme,dior shoes and he will get his dick sucked on here but itll still be a piece of shit. Cult is actually a talented photographer and yes seems like a pretty nice guy..i:d hang with him. There are only 10 tops people on here that truly have style me not included the rest of you if you go to any major city...fashion capital or even williamsburg brooklyn and youll blend in. So how about you get over yourself .

Guest jmatsu
No I don't think anybody is emulating, I'm just saying they dress well. Where as some people are more experimental, and pull it off well.

nah, I wish

everyone emulates alittle (unpurpose or not) or are at least influenced by the "creme de la creme."

Exactly! People can't seem to tell the difference. They see something distinct and they start talking about how that person is creative, eccentric, "doing their own thing", expressing themselves...

Fuck off!

which "(non)creative" people do you have in mind?

Guest jmatsu
Thats just it...he is popular or at the very least liked on here because it doesnt matter how well you think youre dress a piece of shit skinny jeans that cost 200 with a shirt from supreme,dior shoes and he will get his dick sucked on here but itll still be a piece of shit. Cult is actually a talented photographer and yes seems like a pretty nice guy..i:d hang with him. There are only 10 tops people on here that truly have style me not included the rest of you if you go to any major city...fashion capital or even williamsburg brooklyn and youll blend in. So how about you get over yourself .

i want to better understand this. the first sentence is alittle incoherent. please edit!

"cult is actually a talented photographer and yes seems like a pretty nice guy...i:d hang with him." -why is this statement even necessary?

i live half the year in a "major fashion captial." i would think that the attitude of wanting to blend in is a poor one for a true fashionista, but the uncontrived act of blending in with the industry's creme de la creme and being recognized by other fashionista of similar sensiblity /respect wouldn't be too bad. the competition and assimilation aspects are all human nature.

"so how about you get over yourself?" wtf are you going on about? i find this alittle out of line. the discussion and inquiry are legitimate. it's not personal. if we cease to ask questions and push the subjects of this board, then what good is it? i guess to some, being nice/nonchalant is favored or seems safe. these kinds of attitudes promote the boards and the industry's stagnantation.

btw i'd just like to mention that when fade wore those non slim wide straights it wasn't 100%recieved well with the community (he took the critiques with integrity), but i think that the critisiscms may have helped him and promote evolution.

I agree with this ...I normally wouldnt even comment as there is alot of calling out done here but I just cant stand when people gauge other people style going on the assumption that they have enough themselves to do so. I think alot of us are here fashionable...we know what looks good if we went to any of the popular retailers discussed on here chances are we:d all pretty much pick the same things....thats just it...style is uniqueness. There just isnt enough here for anyone to call someone out like that...save a few people who i think are stylish.

I`m not really calling jmatsu out...as I think hes very intelligent but i also think hes being a bully in the case..unjustly so.

Guest jmatsu
I agree with this ...I normally wouldnt even comment as there is alot of calling out done here but I just cant stand when people gauge other people style going on the assumption that they have enough themselves to do so. I think alot of us are here fashionable...we know what looks good if we went to any of the popular retailers discussed on here chances are we:d all pretty much pick the same things....thats just it...style is uniqueness. There just isnt enough here for anyone to call someone out like that...save a few people who i think are stylish.

I`m not really calling jmatsu out...as I think hes very intelligent but i also think hes being a bully in the case..unjustly so.

yeah, i'm a bully, but not in this thread.

justhaja i find you well spoken and intelligent as well. i just think that you (and other people) have to get over the righteousness/kindness factors and be more objective(not necessarily you, but simply purge the favortism)...and in certain cases this should apply to my hatred of certain sufu characters. if not, the industry will keep moving and leave this board to it's subsequent (as compared to the industry's constant evolution)stagnantation (alittle far-fetched, but...).