The Best Steak you've ever had...

evilgeniusdan

bigliardi's on church st in toronto

close runner ups are barberians in toronto, some place i forget the name of in providence, rhode island, some place i forget the name of in montreal, and then first steak i ever grilled for myself, a giant slab of meat that almost made me die of beef overload

i love steak

oddly enough the fucking Zehrs (huge box supermarket) has killer killer tenderloin steaks...coat in olive oil, garlic salt, and Club house montreal chicken (not steak) spice, then girl on maximum barbecue heat for 8 minutes (4 minutes a side, rotating for nice lines)....

the best steak ever.

oddly enough the fucking Zehrs (huge box supermarket) has killer killer tenderloin steaks...coat in olive oil, garlic salt, and Club house montreal chicken (not steak) spice, then girl on maximum barbecue heat for 8 minutes (4 minutes a side, rotating for nice lines)....

the best steak ever.

i thought steaks were for straight boys?

Haven't been there in a while but Markjosephs steakhouse near wall st. had some damn good steak.

Never been to lugers but I heard it's way overrated.

I remember a couple years back my dad bought some high grade kobe beef, pretty awesome, but not my style. I don't like my steaks so fatty.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Luger and my grade 12 Snake River Farms Australian Wagyu at Per Se are the best two steaks I've ever had.

It's Aussie wagyu; not much different from regular angus (in fact, 99.9% of wagyus outside of Japan are cross-bred with angus). The quality of the meat at Per Se was probably more due to the fact that the place is top class and they offer premium aged cuts, and less to do with the fact that it came from the wagyu breed.

I realize no one said anything to the contrary and that my statement is random, but I always like to point it out in wagyu beef related topics. :D

If you guys have a 'Fresh Market' anywhere near you (kind of like an even better whole foods) they normally have a great selection of aged ribeyes.

where do you live? i buy all my meats at fresh market. they have very good quality meat, their fish, however sucks.

i don't like wagyu. i don't get the hype. yes fatty meats etc. etc. entrecote ftw.

Have you had it in Japan?

Given, wagyu itself is essentially the same as angus. The difference is the environment and processes through which they are raised (no places in the US do this). Some of the things the Japanese do are a bit nutty, but some work wonders: massaging, feeding beer to stimulate appetite, feeding warm wheat meal and tofu, spraying them with shochu, blah blah. The marblization (which creates flavor) is unparalelled.

Since most cattle in the US (and Australia, etc.) are free range, a very small portion of their lives is dedicated to true 'fattening' and flavoring. For instance, when we sell cattle they go to a feed yard where they are fed hot cornmeal for around 3 weeks (sticks to them infinitely more than grass feed) during which they gain significant weight & fat, leading to flavorful meat. In Japan, true Kobe cattle experience this their entire lives.

to be quite frank, I love steak. But, I've never eaten a steak that has really satisfied me. None of the places I go to to enjoy a steak are ever consistent. Any good steakhouses in LA?!

to be quite frank, I love steak. But, I've never eaten a steak that has really satisfied me. None of the places I go to to enjoy a steak are ever consistent. Any good steakhouses in LA?!

Morton's closed, they are turning it into the Soho House LA. The Lodge isnt half bad, considering the ownership group. I had some filet concoction with foie gras. Pretty intense.