uniqlo

magicclean

i might be intending to purchase some uniqlo products. How is the quality like for their tees, long sleeve shirts and others? For muji products some are pretty good, but some are so-so. So far i heard most of Uniqlo is on their denim.

I hope there will be a post on brands that offer good quality for a reasonable price, not just on denim.

I've bought shirts, jackets, and denim from Uniqlo. In all honesty, I think "you get what you pay for". I bought one striped knit from them that was of very good quality for approximately 10 dollars but then I have a checkered button-up for about 12 that is really thin (you can almost see through it) and it wrinkles really quickly every time I wear it. Their denim is very good for the money and compared to the GAP or others types of general retailers, while the quality of the fabric might be the same, their stitching and construction is MUCH better and their fits are more slender and not made for the "larger American" pop. For basics for a skinny guy like me, UNIQLO is easily my top pick (over Muji, GAP, etc). They are opening a concept store in New Jersey soon, so be on the look out.

I think Uniqro has pretty reasonable good products. Most of them are made in China. I like their denims. Plus,

they have variety of T-shirts. They even have a store in harajuku where they only sell Ts. The place is like an art gallery. They display ties just like artworks... pritty cool.

About a year ago, they tried to expand their business to Veges... they had organic daikon, carrots etc etc... Whatever their intention is, it didn't work out.

I think now they sell bathing suits, Yukaka (japanese summer clothes) etc... Overall, they have good products.

SerenDipiti*SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti*SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti*

All I want to know is - How can I get a pair of their dry denims here in Utah where I live (or portland OR where I go quite often)? I don't plan on needing them for another 6-9 months since I am banging up my rescues currently, but I plan on rocking the greenline after that.

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

they fit great *imo*. very classic Levis 501 fit, similar to my 1947 501xx. rise is "normal", so if you like it low these wont be your cup of earl gray. dry denim appears very nice, i'm sure corners were cut in the production process, hence the cheap price. but the tag does advertise that is was made on shuttle looms. and green selvage stitching. no back pocket detailing a la APC. dont know how to get em in USA other than have someone pick em up while in Japan.

i picked up a pair of selvedge when i was in jp. for 30 bucks plus they hem it for you. thats a pretty good deal.

theres actually three malls in new jersey that will have uniqlo's opening in the fall. two i know off the top of my head are freehold mall and menlo park mall. both malls are very high traffic, wonder how it will go. and they will continue their alteration services

haha... here are some tips about sb who wants to go to Tokyo.

1: Check out the Harajuku store

2: Check out the Shinjuku store

3: Check out the Shibuya store

They sometimes carry different items...

Chao,

SerenDipiti*SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti*SerenDipiti* SerenDipiti*

i havent washed mine yet so i can't say from personal experience, but the person who bought mine for me washed his and they didnt shrink at all (he wanted them to shrink and they didnt). the attached brand tag didnt say one way or another if it was sanforized or shrinktofit, but i would doubt that a japanese version of The Gap would sell product as high maintenance as "shrinktofit" jeans.

i have a pair of APC newstandards and the UniQlos dont seem too similar in fit. APC has a lower rise and a slimmer overall leg. UniQlo isnt roomy but more of a classic straight leg with about 9" bottoms...i think my APCs have 8" bottoms. one of the things i like about the UniQlos is the color of the inside of the denim, which is less blue and more gray (like Nudie dry selvage). makes turnups look better imo. but for 1/4 price of APC you cant go wrong.

Uniqlo is great value for basic plain garments. Dry and rinse wash denim is excellent value. Plain sweatshirts, socks etc also. I'd stay away from their more complicated washed denims (although they aren't too bad at that price/market point), and printed Ts.

• 2 weeks later...

just picked up 2 pairs of unqlo's dry selvage at 20 quid a pop.

honestly, after tons of debating i think that these are most similar to prps'. i know alot of ppl will disagree but the weight/colour/texture are very similar. the difference is in the details, yes purple prps/camo pockets/buttons on fly etc... but even the fit is the same after having tried on both-

picked up a pair of 32's and a pair of 34's (the only sizes left) will try to shrink the 34's but if they don't then they will be the sunday baggies. again, can't go wrong, 2 pairs for less than a quarter of the price of 1 pair of prps, on sale, at selfridges....