Sign in to follow this  
herpsky

Can't access threads

Wtf .

What did supersales used to be about? What stores/sites were having sales? I don't understand the point of it being password protected. It'd be kinda dick if it was so the mods could get deals without the millions of lurkers and new people stealing everything. I really really doubt they'd do something dick like that. Maybe they just were deleting that whole section or something. Oh well.

notice about advertising on superfuture

unauthorized promotions are not allowed on supertalk and will be removed.

unauthorized promotions refers to any type of commercially oriented promotion on supertalk that has not been approved by advertising at superfuture.com

this includes :

- the promotion of any establishment, product or service via supertalk for commercial purposes.

- the use of discount codes or coupons redeemable on other websites and/or stores via supertalk for commercial purposes.

- offering % discounts redeemable on other websites and/or stores via supertalk for commercial purposes.

- the use of or implementation of embedded promotional banners into posts on any supertalk forum linked to commercially oriented URL's.

- the use of the superfuture trademark, logo or content for the endorsement of any external commercial purpose

- the creation of any service or website using the superfuture trademark, logo, or content.

to advertise on supertalk and for further information please contact advertising at superfuture.com.

i guess it makes some sort of sense.

It'd be kinda dick if it was so the mods could get deals without the millions of lurkers and new people stealing everything. I really really doubt they'd do something dick like that.

That's not even possible with out people posting in the thread about the sales, but no one can since it is password locked.

we have temporarily taken down the sales thread. the thread was started for the purpose of users informing others users about upcoming shop sales - which was all totally fine, however more recently shops and retailers have largely taken over the thread for their own commercial purposes and using the thread for their own advertising and promotions which is clearly not allowed.

if advertisers want to advertise on superfuture they need to pay for it. simple. this isn't a charity. we have server fees, development fees, maintenance fees and salaries to pay. it is also not fair for existing paying advertisers.

in the meantime apologies to all genuine posters... we might try to bring it back - after editing out the unauthorized promotions..

[btw. this decision has not had anything to do with mods so please don't harass them!...]

we have temporarily taken down the sales thread. the thread was started for the purpose of users informing others users about upcoming shop sales - which was all totally fine, however more recently shops and retailers have largely taken over the thread for their own commercial purposes and using the thread for their own advertising and promotions which is clearly not allowed.

I think that it's clear to anyone who followed that thread that it was NOT ever taken over by shops and retailers for their own commercial purposes. There may have been a few posts from retailers, but they did not in anyway affect the thread, which was mostly--I would say primarily--run by unbiased, impartial posters who were simply contributing useful information to the forum.

EDIT: Also: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=31012

if advertisers want to advertise on superfuture they need to pay for it. simple. this isn't a charity. we have server fees, development fees, maintenance fees and salaries to pay. it is also not fair for existing paying advertisers.

in the meantime apologies to all genuine posters... we might try to bring it back - after editing out the unauthorized promotions..

[btw. this decision has not had anything to do with mods so please don't harass them!...]

i think this is all fair really, before supertalk, superfuture is a business, and just look at the quality of the page/product and you can see the huge efforts that have been made to set it all up..

its true.. companies shouldnt try to blag free advertising in the forums, they should pay for it.

i dont think the state of the thread however had gone fully down that path yet, but there def. was a few suspect posts..

cheers Sufu development for all the hard work so far :)

Arg... I'm so frustrated my thread got raped by promoters.