Melbourne meet-up

Melbourne, AUS (not Florida dammit!).

Who is up for it? My vote goes for some place in the city, OR Fitzroy maybe. Possible options:

* Cookie (although gets pretty busy and noisy)

* Misty

* Robot (I dig this place)

* Workshop

* Bimbos but not on a weekend coz the place gets lame (+1 for chocolate fucking pizza!)

* Labour in Vain

I dunno, throw some suggestions out there...Having finished uni for the semester I'm pretty free, except saturday nights coz I have a regular gig with my band at the purple emerald. Actually, if y'all are up for it, I can put everyone on the door list for a free beer :)

Discuss!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, so we have a few people potentially in so far, that's good. So far it seems that a friday night in the city is the best option.

I'm thinking tentative date of friday 13th (!) of July maybe? This gives enough time to figure out a venue, and for people to decide whether or not they're coming...

Any more thoughts on city venues?

I'm going to miss out on this, but I better see some good pictures!!!

Good Potential Meeting spots:

Night

Cookie

St Jeromes

Rue Bebelons

Melbourne Supper Club - (For late Night Baller Status)

Day

Library lawns, Don Don Lunch...

Centre Way / Degraves

Thanks Tyro, Don Don lunch sounds gooooood.

In the city, I would also add to the list:

* Cabinet Bar (new joint right near Melb Town Hall, small but pretty cosy).

* Dinner at Chilli Padi - this place rules.

At this stage it kinda seems like there is not a lot of interest in this meetup. We've only had like 4 people confirm they want to come. Lurkers make yourselves known! It will be a lot more fun with a few more people!

yooooo Oscar bro, I'm down.

I just turned 19 so maybe that makes me the youngest? To be honest I don't spend much time at night in the city so any new cool places I havent heard of would be great.

Also, as a denimhead I would appreciate people maybe bringing a long some denims for observations, I know I'll be bringing in my sams and flatheads for choice_genes to try on.

haha thanks cameland, killing two birds with one stone - i like it.

I'm thinking maybe dinner at Chilli Padi (or some other suitably cheap/good place) and then kick on for drinks somewhere near-by. What is a good date for people? Should we go with friday 13th july, or is something else better? Maybe even thursday 12th if people aren't working on friday, because bars on friday could be a bit lame (afterwork crowd etc...). Whatchoo guys think?

Hmmm. This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. SO what I'm going to do is propose a date and venue, and if you're going to come, then make a post in this thread saying 'aye', or something to that effect. If enough people are in the 'aye' camp, then we'll go ahead and meet. If not, then I guess we'll write off the idea of a melbourne meetup for a while (or someone else can take over the reigns).

Proposed meet-up date and venue:

Date: Friday 20th July, 9pm

Venue: Either Robot Bar or Sister Bella (new joint in a laneway near the corner of Lonsdale and Swanston).

Aye.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
age advice?

subjects of interest advice?

i need to prepare. lol

pandemonium bukake party?

I am keen,

sorry jes I havent not responded to your PMs with more ideas, I couldnt really think of anything good, but I hadnt really been trying...

Bars?

Foods?

afformentioned bukake party?

I'm keen

bukake party sounds like a winner ?

hmm perhaps jsut a city meet up and if things roll well go for drinks later. I am going to be seriously weirded out meeting internet strangers but i think it could be pretty fun and interesting, especially after seeing all of these americcaaaaans doing it has hyped me up. So i'm keen, just gotta make sure i got accomodation with my uncle and i'm down for sure :D

pandemonium, there will be no age restrictions no rules or anything. Just meet up for some lunch and chill out. Someone bring a good camera for some candid shots.

you of drinking age? I'll be 22 by the time we meet up :D or nearly there..

i see. Well thats no problem we don't have to base our meetup around drinking in a pub. we can always get a few longnecks in the park.. Nah we casn just do lunch or coffee or wat evs.. not really fussed. I wont be doing much shopping whilst i'm down so i will probably save that to do it with my gf. So that really doesn't leave much of an alternative.

is there any other melburnians out there that are keen?

awsome, i would love ot say hello DJI hah wont blow up your real name but yeh.. keep em coming guys. It would be great if we could get a solid group of about 6 or more. That would be great.

edit: prease bring jurius jacket so i can beast over it

coffee / dondon luch (cheap jap food near RMIT/library) is probably a good idea... for first date anyway, if we get along we can all have a few drinks and then who knows;)