Hair Thread

qom

need some quick advice. i've got typical thick straight ornamental chinky-winky hair. right now it's at a pretty even length just touching my shoulders. i want to get that messy touseled surfer look. do i just ask my stylist to cut a bunch of layers? then use some sort of light product?

i know these guys hair got more body than mine but something like this:

7367.jpg

or this:

RyanHansenHairstyle.jpg

and if anyone has a recommendation for a stylist in LA (pref the westside) lemme know. thanks!

I decided on a top knot about a month and a half before growing it all out so I let a small section of the back grow while I shaved the rest. Now I'm letting it all grow out. Tired of putting up the pomp so I pin my hair back. Works out nicely as the longer stuff just blends into the part of the back I let grow out for the top knot. It's also still a totally unique haircut.

Am keen to know what this looks like.

How do I grow my hair out of a bowlcut smoothly. I wanna try for super long hair next.

side

front

3/4s

Should the top layers be longer or the bottom?

Smoothly? Get rid of the sides as well as the back and leave a little bit of bulk on the top, texturize the bangs to lose that line they are putting across your forehead.

Asian people have a tendency to grow mullets (no racist) so the back should fill in fine after not so long.

leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

what kind of hair products would i need to get my hair likes this?

I have Asian hair so the sides doesn't like to stay down, it sticks out naturally (defines gravity)

I've used clay, pomade, gel but nothing seems to keep it down?

should I grow the sides longer? it's about 2inches right now...

Try sumotech.

I've been going to a barber locally who do an awesome job cutting my hair to exact spec for cheap, but I'm wondering if next time I go they'll be able to thin my hair. I think it's a unisex place, it's styled like a vintage barbershop but the women working there look like soccer moms and I dunno if they're licensed or well-educated or whatever. So I'm just wondering if they'll know how to cut my hair or if I should risk going somewhere more expensive.

what kind of hair products would i need to get my hair likes this?

I have Asian hair so the sides doesn't like to stay down, it sticks out naturally (defines gravity)

I've used clay, pomade, gel but nothing seems to keep it down?

should I grow the sides longer? it's about 2inches right now...

yup too short. 2 inches it's not going to stick down. grow it out

yup too short. 2 inches it's not going to stick down. grow it out

I think that's the only thing i'm jealous of Caucasians, you can have almost a buzz cut and the hair on your side still stays flushed with your head, our's go straight out like Dragon Ball Z characters...

btw, how long do i need to grow it...how long you think Leo's is in that photo? 4inches?