Hair Thread

qom

here's current follicle business... going to get it touched up at the end of the week. Basically every 4 weeks or so I get a 2 on the sides and back and keep the top long, letting it just keep growing. It's become something of a hybrid Aldo Raine-jugend and Rocketeer hair and I can get a pretty decent pompadour out of it if need be. I went as a greaser for Halloween, so it definitely has been emulating that whole thing on it's own. Doesn't hurt that my hair has become 2-toned for some reason.

2j2i0s7.jpg

I would like more shine though, any recommendations for products? I've been using American Crew Medium, but I'd like something to give it a bit more sheen and gloss.

Iv'e had this cut for a few years after i finished my service.

IMG_0376.jpg?t=1257296068

I tried to grow the top longer for a jugend, but i ended up with senator dog shit.

CIMG3181-2.jpg?t=1257302769

Any tips for the middle stage other than a hat?

Sorry for the big ass pics

^straight perms?

not sure what you call it but koreans call it straightening perms.

in the US it's called a relaxer. same ingredients as a perm. 2 forms, sodium hydroxide is the strong one, and thio is the weak one.

there's also the japanese straight perm, and the brazilian blow out, but both are for women.

it sucks ^

brazillian keratin treatment <33 = leaves body, keeps hair straight but also allows the option to curl (will turn straight again after you wash hair)

japanese: hair stays pretty flat, straight, can't curl

Guest umhaha84
correct me if i'm wrong, but my hair is straight:

24qstwh.jpg

straight perm will take some weight off your hair make it stand up less (dunno if it made sense

it sucks ^

brazillian keratin treatment <33 = leaves body, keeps hair straight but also allows the option to curl (will turn straight again after you wash hair)

where do you go for this? my hair is pretty straight, but i live by my straightening iron for maximum wig-like straightness lol maybe i'll do it so i don't have to waste so much time straightening my hair in the morning.

here's current follicle business... going to get it touched up at the end of the week. Basically every 4 weeks or so I get a 2 on the sides and back and keep the top long, letting it just keep growing. It's become something of a hybrid Aldo Raine-jugend and Rocketeer hair and I can get a pretty decent pompadour out of it if need be. I went as a greaser for Halloween, so it definitely has been emulating that whole thing on it's own. Doesn't hurt that my hair has become 2-toned for some reason.

2j2i0s7.jpg

I would like more shine though, any recommendations for products? I've been using American Crew Medium, but I'd like something to give it a bit more sheen and gloss.

hows the other side look?

it sucks ^

I disagree. Japanese Perms and Keratin Treatments are completely different and hard to compare.

Japanese Perms are permanent. Your straight hair will never be curly/frizzy again. You will only need to repeat this process once your roots grow out.

Keratin Treatment/Brazilian Blowout is only meant to last 3 months.

Keratin Treatments are the new craze right now, especially in LA. I personally do not like them because they contain formaldehyde (even the ones that are supposed to be formaldehyde free) which is extremely toxic.

The general price ranges are;

Japanese - 400-500

Brazilian - 300-400

Also, be aware, sometimes people who have thicker naturally oily hair, get very oily after the Keratin treatment.