Hair Thread

qom

I can sort of see what #3 was going for but it's definitely on the wrong side of "confused mohawk" tracks - if you're going for a more modern / severe look that the sides seem to imply you're going to need to style the top differently since it's so much "puffier" than the sides without any length. I'd suggest pushing it to one side or the other entirely until it grows out long enough to compensate.

its to the side already do you mean like flatter on top?

like, what the fuck were you thinking. guy #2, your soul patch reinforces how much your hair sucks.

How does my soul patch reinforce anything? It was a simple dressier look to my hair. If you have some actual critiques other than "it sucks", I'd be happy to hear them and learn.

How does my soul patch reinforce anything? It was a simple dressier look to my hair. If you have some actual critiques other than "it sucks", I'd be happy to hear them and learn.

sure, here you go:

your hair sucks for the following reasons -

1. you look like the ordinary run of the mill bro

2. your soul-patch reinforces that first statement

3. your stripped button-down unbuttoned reinforces both of those last statements

4. your shitty frames reinforce those statements

5. your scraggly-wanna-be edgy kinda affectation of the hair, frames, soul-patch and shirt culminates in your look being useless and stupid.

6. you can reverse all of this by getting a proper hair cut, and yes, your hair can remain long, but it doesn't have to look shitty, and by fixing the glasses, shaving the soul patch, and ditching the shirt

I'm sure you're a perfectly decent person, but your hair brings together an ultimately boring/shitty look/affectation. Sorry.

that post was so difficult to read, even if your critique is right its annoying in how unfunny it is. please change your location thing too its so painful having to watch sufu people trying hard to be funny and witty.

I agree. Far from funny, it's the mean-spirited, smug little shit way of telling somebody that they look cliche. Maybe he does just a little, who cares. That kid didn't do anything to deserve that level of genuine, calculated insult. You often come across as a nasty little bitch and not even slightly entertaining in your wordplay.

Alright, so I've been letting my hair grow out for a little while and I'm not liking how the sides and back of my hair are looking.

So, since I really don't have any knowledge of hair styles, I looked around and I stumbled upon the fringe cut.

newbitmapimageuw5.png

Any opinions? I was thinking of something similar where I can shorten up the sides and keep the top long.

sure, here you go:

your hair sucks for the following reasons -

1. you look like the ordinary run of the mill bro

2. your soul-patch reinforces that first statement

3. your stripped button-down unbuttoned reinforces both of those last statements

4. your shitty frames reinforce those statements

5. your scraggly-wanna-be edgy kinda affectation of the hair, frames, soul-patch and shirt culminates in your look being useless and stupid.

6. you can reverse all of this by getting a proper hair cut, and yes, your hair can remain long, but it doesn't have to look shitty, and by fixing the glasses, shaving the soul patch, and ditching the shirt

I'm sure you're a perfectly decent person, but your hair brings together an ultimately boring/shitty look/affectation. Sorry.

ye jeepster you gotta tone down this shit.

go outside or something

Alright, so I've been letting my hair grow out for a little while and I'm not liking how the sides and back of my hair are looking.

So, since I really don't have any knowledge of hair styles, I looked around and I stumbled upon the fringe cut.

newbitmapimageuw5.png

Any opinions? I was thinking of something similar where I can shorten up the sides and keep the top long.

U sound like u need a hitler jurgend haircut...just browse this thread there're lots of examples. It's almost the official sufu haircut.

Btw i dont like those haircuts you posted. Maybe it's just the way they're styled, but it looks like someone jizzed on their heads and then they wore a hat for about an hour.

U sound like u need a hitler jurgend haircut...just browse this thread there're lots of examples. It's almost the official sufu haircut.

Btw i dont like those haircuts you posted. Maybe it's just the way they're styled, but it looks like someone jizzed on their heads and then they wore a hat for about an hour.

I agree. Too much product on top and dry as a bone everywhere else. Looks like shit. I think maybe a hat could have been used.

Also, regarding the Hitler Jugend cut, you might have seen my "Tuff Enuff" post. I don't think most of the dorks here are. Let's not encourage the death of the coolest Cool Guy cut around by recommending it to just anybody!

I agree. Too much product on top and dry as a bone everywhere else. Looks like shit. I think maybe a hat could have been used.

Also, regarding the Hitler Jugend cut, you might have seen my "Tuff Enuff" post. I don't think most of the dorks here are. Let's not encourage the death of the coolest Cool Guy cut around by recommending it to just anybody!

Lol, its alright I agree. I have searched through this thread and I honestly don't think I would be able to sport the Jugend cut.

Do you think if I were to get near the same cut as the picture and not overdo the product it might turn out well?

Lol, its alright I agree. I have searched through this thread and I honestly don't think I would be able to sport the Jugend cut.

Do you think if I were to get near the same cut as the picture and not overdo the product it might turn out well?

I'm sure it will. It's a good length to style. It really depends on the texture of your hair, though. A little product is usually necessary.

you guys prefer salons over barbershop or vice versa?

I prefer salons, I usually go short on side, long on top textured with a razor... sort of like a billy childish cut. Barbershops seem to give you the haircut they want to give you as opposed to giving you the haircut you want.

E: Also my aunt works at a salon, I've been going to her for a few years now and she always gives good advice as to what would go well with my face/bone structure and talks about what she is doing before and as she does it... it helps a lot to have a good rapport with one stylist and continue going to them.

This is my current haircut, somewhat similar to this but with shorter sides and back for a militant look.

hair3.jpg

Wonder what styling product would be best for my hair. I currently use an old tub of Gatsby matte styling wax but i dislike the roughness and weight of it.

I want a mid-weight, pliable, matte finish that gives texture and volume. Would like to be able to comb it down and slick it back yet poof it into a quiff sometimes.

Tried Sumotech before and it works wonders but I don't think I can obtain it in Singapore.

Could someone recommend something? Think of trying Redken's moulding gum.

I went to get my hair cut at a salon today. (Eh, found it via Yelp. It had plenty of "good" reviews.) Normally I get my hair cut by a friend's old co-worker, but she has been busy lately. In between the last time I had her cut it and now I let it grow out and hid it under a beanie.

Being that I'm not to sure what hair style suits my face best I just told the stylist to cut my thick asian hair short and thin it out. I'm starting to think that longer hair might suit me better...

Pictures:

Front

Angle

Feedback and suggestions would be appreciated!

any suggestions for me??? it's gotten longer than i'm used to so I've been combing it straight back (gordon gecko style) and letting it dry--then it gets a lil' wavy. I'd like to keep it longer but find an actual style to emulate--but I'm open to any suggestions that work with my face.

this one is about a month old:

n15712815_36364843_6594.jpg

these are more recent:

img0006wz1.th.jpg

pianostv3.th.jpg