Hair Thread

qom

about a week ago, my hair was like this:

(air dried, some hair spray)

1zgqqdx.jpg

vcxi6h.jpg

(air dried, somewhat flat ironed, some hair spray)

2wokt47.jpg

now, it's like this:

(air dried, some hair spray)

2qnp4hx.jpg

3093uyg.jpg

i chopped it off and i hate it.

I was about to do the same, but wasn't sure Hairmates would have enough of the picture to work with.

Any pics of your haircut?

actually didn't use that exact pic. there was another pic of the same person with four views on this thread. i can't find it anymore

Clarification:

Hitlerjugend= long on top short on sides, right?

haircutbm8.jpg

There's more to it. It involves a taper toward the back up to a complete crop at the top of the crown. One side is parted completely to the side and the side that is pushed over is usually cropped pretty far up the sides, often completely up to the part. You can add texture which looks good, but nothing too wacky.

Its intent is militant, so be sure not to over stylize it or make it too long in the front. This is so you don't look like... Ahem... Emo from 2004 and so real nazis don't beat the living shit out of you for looking like a fig.

Everybody's rockin' this shit now.

I'm really tempted to get an adolph done, just want to make sure I give an accurate description to the hairdresser without giving any reference to the third reich.

Are the sides and the back one length? or is it blended into the top?

What do you do with the front/top?

Danke schon!

I'm really tempted to get an adolph done, just want to make sure I give an accurate description to the hairdresser without giving any reference to the third reich.

Are the sides and the back one length? or is it blended into the top?

What do you do with the front/top?

Danke schon!

You can blend if you want, but the look is more aggressive when you buzz the back all the way up to the crown. You want the vast majority of the sides buzzed like in the picture, tapering down just a tad when you get toward the face. Buzz the sides very high up. Believe it or not, it's not an easy haircut to master. I've gone to places to try to get it done and they don't really get it, or they avoid making you look like you have a hitler youth cut in the first place because we're not allowed to say the nazi word in public and they probably don't realize that it's exactly what you want.

To get mine it took some practice and I even fucked up cleaning it up this last time and had to buzz my head. Before I did that, it looked pretty sick. It's a versatile haircut, too. It looks good cleaned up in a suit or dressed down casually. It's just a good cut regardless of its connotations (which give it a great character). Again, it's an aggressive looking and very masculine so your best bet is to try and do it yourself. It seems to actually look kind of second gen modern. To really look right you'll need some texture. If you don't know how to produce texture than you better go to a gal pal who can do it or just pay the haircuttery to give you texture and nothing else. Hope this helps.

I was about to do the same, but wasn't sure Hairmates would have enough of the picture to work with.

Any pics of your haircut?

there are pictures of the cut from a bunch of angles 1 page back. edit: ah nvm he posted it on this page, didnt see.

001jh6.jpg

heres mine. I'm happy with it (despite not looking it in the picture ;))

its a bit shorter than the model's cut, but similar.

Yo Francis, thanks a lot for the counsel, i'm not sure if i'll have the balls to go with the same short length on the sides and back, and may just opt for blending it in and hedge my bets. I'm not sure what to do with the front, how long do I leave it? Currently its a bit of a mess, but sometimes having it a little messed up (effect) at the front can look good.

Booked in for midday tmw, see how it goes...

Yo Francis, thanks a lot for the counsel, i'm not sure if i'll have the balls to go with the same short length on the sides and back, and may just opt for blending it in and hedge my bets. I'm not sure what to do with the front, how long do I leave it? Currently its a bit of a mess, but sometimes having it a little messed up (effect) at the front can look good.

Booked in for midday tmw, see how it goes...

In my opinion, it can only be as long as about an inch, half an inch above your eyebrow on the bangs. you're pushing them over somewhat so it won't really factor but just don't let it be too long. Like, midwest-late-to-the-party-emo-poopout. You made a good observation about the no-fade. Insecure people will be stupid. I got a few looks. No comments, but a few very confrontational looks. That haircut looked so good though.

opinions on this:

boosh.jpgboosh2.jpg

It's pretty slick. I say go for it. It looks good on this guy because of his facial and body type. The cut doesn't work on everybody. It's sort of exclusive to the Northmen ;) .

Well, basically every hipster in the world has sported that cut and may still be doing so, just keep that in mind. I'd vote a resounding no especially with the way it's pictured there.

Disclosure: I had it for a while, it entertained me. Don't regret shaving it all off, though.

I think it looks good in that picture. If every hipster has had it than it's just a phase and it'll go away. That's a classic, timeless, well-dressed man cut. It's not like a mohawk or a rockabilly feg cut. It comes back often because it's sick. Something like that can't simply be trendy in origin so confuse_us, don't have any reservations about getting it based on hipsterismus alone.

If you do it post pics, i'm curious.

I've tried before and I can't get the texture right. Is there any product involved and why does my hair turn out super flat and dead even when I have a cut this short?

I might go for this cut or some other short, clean cut. I'm suffering from mad teen acnezz and stress and i don't have time to maintain my hair. Also just too lazy to do it in the morning. So any recommendations on a short cut? And I look horrible bald or lined up, so those are not options.