Hair Thread

qom

I was getting tired of seeing everyone and their mother with a side part so I decided to do something just a little different... I'm really happy with how it turned out although I still need to grow it out for a few months.

fotofriend_2949116.jpg

it might resemble a pompadour right now but thats just because my hair is pretty thick and i had just woken up.  i wanted to have a hairstyle that was clean on the sides and back with the top super long so that it could lay back without a lot of product in it (unlike a pompadour.)  I'd also like it ideally to lay flat instead high, and in a month or two i should be there.  just thought id keep the thread going with another haircut!

Depends on what you're looking for....but at 2 months you could probably get it at least cleaned up so it'll look nicer.  I went 3 months without one and even though my hair isnt near where i want it to be I'm super glad that I got a trim.  Makes growing it out way less annoying

• 2 weeks later...

1e2B6lm.png

How do I get past this stage in hair growth? The only thing I've really been able to do is just push it to the side in the front, but it looks pretty awful usually. My hair is super thick if that means anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

shaved my hair this summer at 1 , i had relatively long mid hair but ive bleached them when i was drunk with friends lol biggest mistake now im dying for my hair to regrow. it take so long. not even long enough to have a cut right now.

need to wear a beanie errdayyyy

Edited by aymerikmd

how do you guys deal with tangles and knots (must be worst for curly hair)? i'm thinking of cutting my hair because i can't deal with it anymore.

buy a brush and use it often

i've got super curly hair (google 4a hair). idk if you've tried this, but a denman d3 style brush and a detangling comb (wide tooth shower comb) work well for me. the denman is very good for working out knots. with your hair coated well with conditioner, start from ends and work your way to roots in sections.  once youve detangled really good its easier to keep it up with just a detangling comb or even by finger detangling. i think the hardest part is if you dont keep up with it or if you havent had a good detangling in a while, but once you do, its easy to keep up.  currently, i just finger detangle most of the week. i wash 2-4 times per week and on the last time, when its starting to feel a little tangly, i go in with the detangling comb, and i'm usually tangle free. also, generally, the more you wear your hair down, the more tangles you will have.

thanks for the suggestions. ill give those a try. atm im using jojoba oil as a leave in conditioner, light styling paste for shine, a semi wide tooth comb and a nylon brush for maintainence. works ok, but could be better.

i think my styling paste is really fucking up my hair. makes my hair look and smell great, but i think being petroleum based, it is drying out my ends causing static and then tangling.

Edited by swooc

thanks for the suggestions. ill give those a try. atm im using jojoba oil as a leave in conditioner, light styling paste for shine, a semi wide tooth comb and a nylon brush for maintainence. works ok, but could be better.

i think my styling paste is really fucking up my hair. makes my hair look and smell great, but i think being petroleum based, it is drying out my ends causing static and then tangling.

yeah, the build-up from products like that can eventually act as a barrier between your hair and the moisture in the air even when your hair appears to be clean

it's a good thing for people who want to prevent their hair from getting curly in humid areas, but it's a pain in the ass for those of us who are prone to static

vegetable oils are a great alternative for anyone trying to avoid petroleums and silicones because even if you're avoiding them temporarily, it gives your hair time to recover

last year, i started replacing my conditioner and serum with coconut/macadamia/grapeseed oil, and it's kept my long, fine hair safe from tangles and static (the latter used to be a huge problem for me during the winter) even now that i use irons

however, i've found that it's hard to get the perfect amount of oil in my hair using just fingers and combs, so if you're having trouble distributing it evenly, add a little bit of oil to a spray bottle filled with water, and apply the mixture to your hair as a fine mist

shake the bottle right before spraying because you'll want to keep the oil from settling

doesnt work very well for me. i think i need a trim to remove all the knots that are in place at the moment. probably just cut it all off. cbf with long hair anymore.

i have the same issues and the problem can be solved with some rinse off conditioner, like mentioned before. I am using the Dr. Hauschka rinse off lotion which is off the market now and it really works great. They got some Neem oil which is also working very well. It's a bit pricy but totally worth it.

(https://store.drhauschka.com/naturalskincare/items/items-2-S1-lV1HAIR-lV2hairtreat.aspx?store=)

how do you guys deal with tangles and knots (must be worst for curly hair)? i'm thinking of cutting my hair because i can't deal with it anymore.

As the guy above me said, you should absolutely be conditioning your hair.

In fact, anyone who shampoos should be conditioning as well...

Aside from that, get a $3 tin of this 

41wjiklI7EL.jpg

and comb or brush a dime sized amount to a finger full (depending on how long your hair is) it into your mostly dry hair after a shower.

If that doesn't work I have other recommendations, but it should work.

hey guys, any suggestions on products (aside from conditioning) that softens your hair?  my hair is really hard and alway sticks up instead of slicks back like how i want it to

also, any recommendation on combs, or is anything fine?