Hair Thread

qom

anyone from the LA/Long Beach area try out American Vintage Barbershop on 2nd St. yet? they just opened about two months ago and finally saw the shop during the weekend. Cuts are $25 i think

I'll have to check out that place myself. I wish I wouldve known they opened up. The barbers at Syndicate Barbershop do a great job but I want to try other places.

• 2 weeks later...

- Avoid using products with sulphates (too harsh for curly hair) and avoid silicone (dimethicone and what not - they build up on your scalp and pretty much require the aforementioned sulphates to wash out properly)

- Never brush your hair when dry...in fact throw away your brush, use a wide tooth comb or your fingers (only when WET)

- Moisture is important so condition, condition, condition (I condition every time I shower)

- Try conditioner washing instead of shampoo - get sulphate/silicone-free conditioner, apply to hair, slowly massage scalp with fingertips - it's the massaging that really helps lift dirt - rinse off

- Use lukewarm water - best to finish off your shower with cold water

- Don't rub dry with a towel, that'll just frizz you up - squeeze excess water off, or lightly pat, and then allow to dry naturally

- If you must use a hairdryer remember to use a diffuser (ok in a pinch, but generally natural drying is best)

- Try not to touch your hair too much during the day otherwise you'll end up with frizz

- See about using some sort of leave-in condition, or even something like a few drops of jojoba oil

- Try to deep condition once a week (again make sure it's sulphate/silicone-free)

what i do with this ?Photoon2010-11-15at1718.jpg

i wish my curls look like that. my hair looks like

jonah_hill_5056409.jpgtumblr_lmtx8qGa1e1qa0rz0o1_500.jpg

really dry and brittle. No clue what to do with it or how to take care of it.

so far what i learned is to avoid washing my hair with shampoo and just condition it once a week, and just rinse my hair with water every morning/night. any conditioner recommendations for dry hair and other tips to deal with it?

The thing about products is that you really have to try and ton of stuff and see what works for you, especially with curly hair, it depends on various individual factors. But for getting started, the first post here has a number of cheap options, so hopefully that helps :)http://www.naturally...ies-budget.html

Oh and condition every time you get in the shower (deep condition once a week if you can find a good one).

Edited by syed

One year and a messy topknot later, and I can't wait to cut the shit out of it.

Thinking of fucking with Ash Stymest hair, but even if I could style it properly, I'm thinking it would look considerably different on an Asian face.

Edited by ke1

I am planning on growing my hair,

I normally have Very short hair,

but im growing it long,

i was looking through all the lookbooks this season,

and decided after seeing all the clothes, and a whole load of models..( )

i might grow my hair long,

i dont mean to sound racist if i do, but a very suitable haircut for a african man, with the sort of frizz hair, seems to be shaven, or dreadlocked or afro-variations, i think they look great,

Asians, can look good in a variant of hairstyles but rock some a lot better than others.. Like all that crazy bape shit looks great on nigo, but not so much on a stiff white kid.

Anyways, im white with fairish hair,

and was planning on getting this haircut;

http://tendeep.vaesite.net/__data/417bc2961053c9782f1b451ba314c73e.jpg

http://www.momentumshop.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/fall-del2-1.jpg

He clearly makes the hair cut look very good, whether i got a varaint of that, or that haircut, idk.

What do you think it would suit a white person so much,??

whats the haircut even called?

jk it looks pretty cool, but its pretty hard to decide on how it would look if we don't know what your head looks like.

imo you might as well go for it. you're probably going to look pretty azn but its worth at least giving a shot. Edited by halomunkey

any recommendations on hair styles for someone with a big/high forehead? I'm used to getting buzz cuts but I've been growing it out lately and I'm looking for something different. I have typical azn hair and I get monthly cuts so my hair is thick I guess, also any recommendations to get it to a more smoother texture/look?

@ andrewisdope, I dig the cut you have now....I'd want something like that but it'd probably look weird on me since I have a big/high forehead

Edited by oh soul legit

yeh if u lose/trim/clean up the beard. it's a pretty tidy cut, imo short sides wouldn't fit well with a scruffy beard.

anyone else just have wicked inconsistency with their hair. somedays i rly like it, try to replicate and it turns out way fuckin different (read:shit)

In the same vein, I've decided to try out the 'minou'. I figure if it looks like donkey dick then I can just buzz it.

Anyone have more pictures of the same du or just ones with similar hair at different angles?

fw6dk8.jpg

Growing out my hair to do this. Too short to tie atm. Any more references to a modern topknot?

so this is my hair at the moment

and i'm thinking of going this short,

good idea?

shave the beard off, no shave november already passed. you'll look much better cleancut. the hair style you have now is good, but cutting it to the 2nd picture will probably look better.

Growing out my hair to do this. Too short to tie atm. Any more references to a modern topknot?

come back when you can first tie a ponytail. then, we can talk topknots.

I had my head shaved, then last two weeks i decided i want a topknot,

Been growing my hair out last 2 months, and at the bag i can get a clump of it in my hand now, but no ponytail,

Should i give up?

I'm 17 so I'm not running out of hair, but clearly mine grows too slow...

Shame wanted that topknot style