qom

Hair Thread

5,890 posts in this topic

Really? I have decent facial hair and i just buzz it back every 2 weeks, hate 2 days either side of the buzz tho. Makes me look older and my glasses stand out less tho. I think facial hair is pretty colour/tone dependant as well. them pale ranga beards.

yo check out my asian hair: big thanks to stuntastic for recommending comb. i don't know how i have been living so long without one . . . it made a world of difference with some pomade. haircut yesterday, side is tad short than i would've wanted. I always fuck myself and tell the stylist to cut shorter when they are done. next time i should just shut my mouth . . . top is same length, didn't cut any. i think it'll look better as it grows out. trying to get that ryan gosling hairdo from drive

anyways: comb + pomade

Fuck man, 1976 Bowie is exactly what I'm rocking these days. Best hairstyle I've ever had in my life.

What's the costume Franklin? Something Man Who Fell to Earth related? I bloody look forward to seeing that if it is.

what kind of product has a strong hold for styling thick hair with a matte finish, tried layrite but it wasnt strong enough

anyone growing neglect dreads? im at 4 months and still no rooting:(

I`ve done this it took quite a long time for actual dreads to develop at least on the top likely because of my hairtype so ymmv. I didn`t really do any research just stopped combing my hair and the curls got tighter and tangled. I`d like to do it again but looking back the in between stage looked pretty bad. Just got to power through.

0sf-1.jpg

what kind of product has a strong hold for styling thick hair with a matte finish, tried layrite but it wasnt strong enough

get layrite super hold - there is nothing stronger. if that isn't strong enough, your next step is superglue.

Need to get a haircut later in the week, looking for new ideas. I look silly with short hair as well.

Edited by breams

i wouldn't cut it unless you are going with a completely different hairdo or going for more conservative look i.e. interviews etc.

even then i think a comb + pomade would do wonders for your length.

experiment first before cutting?

Grant's Golden Brand Putty Pomade. It'll dry with a glossy finish, but if you comb it through it'll go to matte.

Or Lone Star Pomade.

I want to do something better with my hair than a part but I have no idea what to do.

im just going to take this picture and get this down.

i think im going to keep a little beard now since its winter time.

jcrew-wallace-barnes-collection-mens-11.jpg

sort of a messy pomp i guess.

hair was getting mad scraggly and i didn't know what to do with it so I just told the barber to shave the sides. I can side part but I think I'll leave it like this for a while.

Photoon10-8-11at1027PM-1.jpg

Longer than usual. Currently growing it out for a David Bowie halloween costume. Should (hopefully) be long enough by then for the orange hair Man Who Fell To Earth look.

haird.jpg

@Andrewisdope is your hair naturally curly/wavy? If not, what, fucking, product...

Got scruff Franklin?

^ I have asian hair but it's not super thick so I can style it when it's long enough. if you have asian hair and you want it to curl more, you should try shampooing it less. Idk if you do that already, but it helps a lot.

i use american crew "fiber"

mpJDSuoWjvxX_6ait5WmldCqdwKQO-Sb_oqxKo_hQpX1BshSq4lhcLRkAtTAcRe3UQp0vsEcGMfJczvGMdAjU6NC4SrSZ1yt7L3_rxPdY8k7aTzy3Xe87GRyDe8JkuWTuOKpswj264Xddve6iDyuCVk

^ I have asian hair but it's not super thick so I can style it when it's long enough. if you have asian hair and you want it to curl more, you should try shampooing it less. Idk if you do that already, but it helps a lot.

i use american crew "fiber"

mpJDSuoWjvxX_6ait5WmldCqdwKQO-Sb_oqxKo_hQpX1BshSq4lhcLRkAtTAcRe3UQp0vsEcGMfJczvGMdAjU6NC4SrSZ1yt7L3_rxPdY8k7aTzy3Xe87GRyDe8JkuWTuOKpswj264Xddve6iDyuCVk

I joke that I have asian hair even though I'm white. It's pretty fine and hard to keep styled. I've got a side part going on but my hair should be long enough to pull of what you have. I also have that Crew fiber but stopped using it cause i wasn't getting the results I wanted. How do you apply it/how much? Do you have to get it a bit wet in your palm and then just apply it and comb that shit?

Tell me your ways. The hair looks like something I'd like to get going.

i use about a quarter size amount. You have to make sure you really rub it into your hands before you put it in your hair or else it'll be too gunky. I have to say though that the most important thing I do first is to completely wash my hair under the sink and then completely towel dry it. This makes it really limp and easy to style. If i had it as a dry combover before and then tried to slick it back it'd never work no matter what product I was using.

for reference, my hair is basically cut like a really long faux hawk right now. The middle is really long and it gets shorter as it gets to the sides and then it was blended with the sides which are tapered down to a half guard.

sort of a messy pomp i guess.

hair was getting mad scraggly and i didn't know what to do with it so I just told the barber to shave the sides. I can side part but I think I'll leave it like this for a while.

Photoon10-8-11at1027PM-1.jpg

looks good dude

similar to mine except mine is longer all around. trimming the sides off in a couple of weeks.

Think I am going to chop off my long hair.

i want to dye my hair dark silver/white/grey, but i know it's gonna look fucking stupid on me.

if i hadn't cut my hair already, halloween would've been the ideal excuse even though no one really givesa shit about it here...

I don't know what to do with my hair or facial hair. I've done pompadours in the past, but want something a little lower maintenance. I've just been letting my facial hair grow. I trim the mustache so I don't look gross, but the only other place I have dense coverage is the chin. I'm afraid to trim everything down because the sides will look wispy...

TLDR: Tell me how to not look ugly.

tumblr_lt2xocuXcw1r1ou8zo1_500.jpg