Hair Thread

qom

i've seen a lot of white dudes pull off the bun/top knot quite well actually. you've just gotta be dedicated enough to grow it out and try it. grow out some facial hair while you're at it too

Anyone have experience with Baxter of California clay pomade? Does it gunk up pillows as bad as some other pomades I've tried (cheap)? Can't handle residue.

Cheapness or expensiveness has nothing to do with anything. Pomade is what it is, pomade. Not everyone could/should use it. Especially if they don't understand it.

Stick with styling clays or creams that are water soluble. Or buy the water soluble pomades.

If my bangs are down to my eyebrows, should I be able to do a pomp? I have been shaving my sides from a #1 to 4 fade, leaving the top to grow, but got sick of that. Right now my sides are growing to a reasonable length-- shouldn't I be able to do something like this: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2688909&postcount=4342 in a few days? (how long do you think that dude's hair is on top/sides?)

My hairs on the sides are like... 1/2 inch. 4"+ on top.

drunk, srry.

edit: read last page... I've been shaving my sides and keeping the top long b'c I wanna do the topknot shit-- but I'm starting to grow out the side now. Such a big difference between top and sides doesn't work IMO (at least when you've got relatively short hair.

So I've been using Crew Fiber for a while now and I think it's drying my hair out and breaking a lot of strands so I had to stop using it. Now I'm using Matrix Styling Soufle but the hold just isn't adequate. Can you guys recommend me a water-soluble styling product that has pretty good hold/ not too much shine/ and is good for black asian hair? Something that doesn't make me go bald would be preferable.

Thanks for the recommendation guys, I'm gonna buy a bottle and try it out. So to clarify, I can still achieve a messy/organized look with layrite right? I'm just a bit confused because all the videos I've seen of people using layrite consist of them forming their hair into a pomp or some other vintage hairstyle I'm going for a more messy modern look so I wasn't sure if layrite was right for me and also on the amazon list of product features, it states that layrite is used to achieve a sleek and shiny look so that's where I got that from.

Here's what my hair looks like right now. Excuse the gay stare.

Rz6U5.jpg

it's hard to tell whether layrite will be for you without knowing what is exactly that you're after. i always use a good blob to spread it all over my head and then comb it into style. if you're going with a messy style and won't be fiddling around too much, i'd imagine you will experience some shine and less hold. you can use it like how people style messy out of the bed look but i think there are better products for that type of application.

It's all about styling. If you don't plan on styling it into a pomp, then you won't have a pomp. It's just a styling product that's made and aimed towards rockabillies. But many salons/barbershops carry the product, though they aren't "rockabilly barbershops," because it's a good hair product.

It's all about styling. If you don't plan on styling it into a pomp, then you won't have a pomp. It's just a styling product that's made and aimed towards rockabillies. But many salons/barbershops carry the product, though they aren't "rockabilly barbershops," because it's a good hair product.

Cool, thanks for clearing things up stun and swooc.