Hair Thread

qom

Yes. That hairstyle is much too young for your face, and that split revealing the extent of your receding hairline isn't doing you any favors. The facial hair would help aid in pulling off the buzzed look. Would experiment with shorter styles first, then slowly transition to buzzed if you're not feeling it.

this is particularly random but, i am in charge of a uni games hockey team. and we plan to give all of the small boys (first years) hair cuts. so i am looking for some inspiration pictures, mainly undercut based because i only plan to use buzz cutters, but anything cool/ridiculous/crazy would be amazing!

Can honkeys rock cool dude asian ponytails without looking stupid? Would I need to go to a particularly good hairdresser/barber to achieve said haircut?

Depends on how strong your hairline is

Buns>Ponytail

^ This is what you need. It has to be this or your knot/bun will get loose. Also depends on your head shape. Practice tying knots...took me a while to perfect it.

There's a lot of different variations of this under the same brand so make sure you don't get confused. CVS or Walmart should have em.

70989614-260x260-0-0_Scunci+Scunci+Black+Dream+Imagine+Create+Soft+and+.jpg

http://www1.shopping.com/Scunci-Scunci-Black-Dream-Imagine-Create-Soft-and-Light-Nylon-Bands-12-per-pack-3-packs-per-order/info

Hah, randomly copped the same brand when I first started growing out my hair. Opted for the slimmer ones so that it would less conspicuous. Speaking of buns, don't you just tie it like a ponytail, but just bend the ponytail in half and scrunchy the end to the base, creating a bulb?

^ Yes but its tricky tho. In order to get it in the perfect ball/bulb shape it takes many tries...a hand mirror is also needed. Occasionally I'll see a dude in the wild with a man bun and it usually looks shitty. You also need to be sorta handsome to pull it off to avoid the greaseball look.

For reference. It should look like this.

visvim-LA-Trunk-Show-Fall-Winter-2011-Presentation-06.jpg

20110330113340_4_.jpg

visvim-LA-Trunk-Show-Fall-Winter-2011-Presentation-27-360x540.jpg

oh see mine was so long that when i bent it over the tail flattened down to like my neck out and looked way too whack

i guess i just gotta work it more

it looked real good for like two months and then looked shitty so i cut it

i will post pics once i figure this out, thanks everyone

edit: quedateluna, u lookin A LOT like michael jackson in the first pic. keep that shit short homie.

If your hair is long enough, to get a bun with wraparound...

- Get a band and tie a ponytail as close to you head as possible

- Double the band around itself until you only have a little bit left

- Fold the hair into the remainder of the band, so you have a loose (but small) loop - this will be the bun part

- Wrap the remainder of the hair that has gone through the band around the loop and pin into place

I'm growing my hair out. it's like 6 or 7 inches on top now, But kind of slow going because i had the undercut shaved a few months back so the top would grow out long over the sides rather than same length all over.

I am fascinated by the bun/knot, but I would look like a douche with it on the top, however I think its ok for white guy to have it in the back like a ponytail. would be pretty subtle.

I'm growing my hair out. it's like 6 or 7 inches on top now, But kind of slow going because i had the undercut shaved a few months back so the top would grow out long over the sides rather than same length all over.

I am fascinated by the bun/knot, but I would look like a douche with it on the top, however I think its ok for white guy to have it in the back like a ponytail. would be pretty subtle.

I think you pretty much screwed yourself by shaving the underneath.

Moar Du's with buns

Will Yun Lee

WillYunLee.jpg

B.Boyd

ectoplasm-in-the-art-studio-with-incubus-brandon-boyd_2543183_56.jpg

its obviously all all subjective, but my only problem with that kinda hairstyle is it can make an already fem looking dude (boyd) look 10x more feminine. for the rest, it just doesn't suit 95% of people - especially if you're white. like everything though, there is the very occasional person (hiroki) that can just pull it off.