Hair Thread

qom

I went and got my hair cut by Justin at Sivletto in Södermalm. If you look some pages back I posted a before and after. I was really happy with the cut. However, it was a simple hair cut and I am not sure what is involved with cutting curly hair.

Okay i'll check it out, do you remember how much you paid, approximatively ?

hendodo is pretty good looking. nh.
hendodo - looking great brother, looks much better than your shaved hair before.
I agree..

not sure what your hair looked like before but I really like it now..

omgawd just jumped on the layrite tippp.

SOGOOD

thanks guys!

only drawback for me from layrite is the cost.

DSC_0040.jpg

paid 16 bucks for a 4oz., which doesn't last very long.

looking good, servo!

^ layrite gives that typical pomade slick look, right?

i'm after something a little more understated, mainly to control curls. moderate hold, moderate gloss. should i be looking for a cream of sorts? recs?

Yo aZns lookin' for that jugend, you gotta make sure your heads are properly shaped or you're gonna look dumb as fuck.

White people got that rounded skull at the back, where as aZns are flat as fuck. It's just science, creeps. If you don't got that rounded skull, you'll look like a square. Literally not literally.

i'm asian, and i've rocked the jugend a few times. my mom also turned me a bunch when i was sleeping as a baby, bc she didn't want me to 'FOB head' - yup she called it FOB head.

what do I do with my thick, 3.5", white person hair that's #2/3 buzzed on the sides?

pretty much looks like this short16.jpg (except I'm better looking than that model). Little bit of AC Fiber in the morning...

It's too short to pomade, too long to not fuck with before leaving the house, and too short for everything else that I want to do :mad:

well, I tried it, with this spare can of Murrays I had sitting around... Doesn't work with hair thats so short on the sides and longer on the top.

I just ran my hand through my hair multiple times and I've got a David Lynch on acid thing going... :rolleyes:

sounds like its working to me :confused:

Haven't gotten my hair cut in a while, so it's pretty messy. I like the way it usually looks, but I'm trying to decide if I should let it grow, trim it, or cut it short. I got a new job at a hospital, and I don't think they care if my hair is long, I dress conservatively there so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry these aren't the best of pictures.

Currently.

Photo37.jpg

Medium

Photo14.jpg

A while ago

IMG_2882_2.jpg

some may say this:

"grow it out more and clean up the side" personally i think if you take in the sides it might look a lot better, and leaving the top grow

i have same thing going on less the part and longer as well. going to taper down the sides tomorrow when i get haircut but just let the top keep going. eventually i may part or just brush hair out to one side.

also, i try combing hair back like while in the shower and even though the water is giving the hair a lot of weight so it has no real volume, i doubt i'd ever try that style regardless :|

Is your hair in those pics w/ product or w/o? seems like you have very fine hair, perhaps you can use some other product type to give it more volume/detail if you want a change of style.

There's only a handful of option for us Asians. What I will say though, is to wear your glasses pushed up higher. I know the bridge is non-existent for many of us, but try the best you can. It really tones down the goofiness factor by a lot.

Edit: excuse the random advice, was a bit drunk. I still stand by it.

so I went a little extreme and tapered the sides basically from a #1 to #2, and left my hair on top at about 4"...

I need suggestions on a different product than AC Fiber, as it tends to make my hair look like one big mass, and is too matte. Is there something out there that is just a little more shiny, and will create some individual definition while still holding my hair in a sort-of glorified mohawk? I tried pomade yesterday and it is too heavy, shiny, and a bitch to get out.

some may say this:

"grow it out more and clean up the side" personally i think if you take in the sides it might look a lot better, and leaving the top grow

i have same thing going on less the part and longer as well. going to taper down the sides tomorrow when i get haircut but just let the top keep going. eventually i may part or just brush hair out to one side.

also, i try combing hair back like while in the shower and even though the water is giving the hair a lot of weight so it has no real volume, i doubt i'd ever try that style regardless :|

Is your hair in those pics w/ product or w/o? seems like you have very fine hair, perhaps you can use some other product type to give it more volume/detail if you want a change of style.

Thanks for the advice :)

In that picture I have no product in my hair, and you are correct sir, it is very fine. This is me with ACFiber in my hair.

Oh and thanks for the advice ke1. I'll take it to heart.

yZpTS.png

longest in so fuckin long. longer if I pick it out, but then it just looks mad round and steve harvey.

Damn Dum youre doin werk. I kinda regret cutting mine but then again theres nothin like drying my head with a couple quick towel wipes after the shower and a quick brush vs the pick.

It looks pretty dope like that though

new hair cut! admittedly it was cut on a hockey trip after a couple of beers, but pretty happy to honest! thoughts?

Picture0082.jpg

shave the neck beard and look less like a hobo. but then again if that's what you're going for ... ;)

epiphany: i think if you get your sides tapered a bit it'll look much better.

just got haircut today and left the top/tapered the sides. really like it, much cleaner and i have more volume on the top. shampoo+conditioner tho so hair fell flat. got to give it a couple of days to get back how it was pre-haircut (how to describe it? my hair does not get oily, but it becomes really thick after a couple of days of no shampoo)