Hair Thread

qom

i dig my long hair but i'll be so stoked to go back to short hair.

gonna be rocking a pomp/maybe bleach like a boss.

From the very vague memory I have of a picture I think I remember seeing posted that may or may not actually have been you, please don't get a pomp. It's difficult for anyone not to look stupid with one these days, let alone for someone who it genuinely wouldn't suit to begin with.

I'm rocking something a la jugend (shaved to the scalp on the sides/ back with hair left long on the top) as an asian, and the flat head is a concern (although my head isn't super flat). The compromise is to leave some length and volume of hair to fall down the back in a taper, so that it isn't visible from the front profile but as you turn to the side, there's that length and bulk to balance the shape of your head.

Any suggestions on some inexpensive clippers, or are they all the same?

I've been through a few different pairs and the only ones that have lasted at all are a pair of Wahl clippers I got at Right Aid. I have found that price doesn't really matter until you get into the professional level stuff, but Wahl has proven itself to be better than Remington, Norelco, and other such brands.

I get bored with life, wanna fuck with my hair. #growup.

Any affordable way to take black hair to platinum/white without absolutely frying it? A few years back a hair stylist friend foiled a chunk of it + peroxide wash when it was half as long as now. Went light but not white and felt like doll hair (0). Wanna do this some time in the summer.

if your hair is thin, maybe you're better not doing that.

let's say you have thick hair, ask a friend who works in a salon or knows about hair/cuts/bleach/colouring. i asked a few place and they were asking about 200$ to make mine white and they all told me it'll fuck my hair up/it'll break/etc.

get some bleach/dye at a drugstore and do a few bleach "sessions" (??)

i wouldnt recommend it doing it in one shot.

^truth

My ex had hair that wasn't thin but normal-ish for asians, she tried getting that white shit done and her hair was fucked up, bish got nappy as shit. She had so many different "sessions" done each one around 150-200 every time, and it never actually turned the white she wanted, but a pretty light blonde.

Funny thing is she stopped dyeing it after we broke up...=/

the azn flat skull is the reason why i'll never shave my head. plus, i got a nasty bump at the back of my head from passing out on a drunken night.

I have a bump on the center back of my head...also ran into another Chinese dude that had the same shit. Do you happen to be Chinese? Wondering if this has anything to do w/ genetics or if it is byproduct of my hitting the back of my head pretty hard (prob did this a lot when I was younger/rambunctious)

I have a bump on the center back of my head...also ran into another Chinese dude that had the same shit. Do you happen to be Chinese? Wondering if this has anything to do w/ genetics or if it is byproduct of my hitting the back of my head pretty hard (prob did this a lot when I was younger/rambunctious)

yeah im chinese. my bump is near the top right of my skull which im certain it was because of the alcohol. i lost a bucket load of blood that night. its probably not that bad. i dont think it will be noticeable if i did a 3 all over.

Fuck the bump, I made a startling dicosvery at college just before christmas. Asian girls do not have back dimples. No shit. Small sample size (n=8), but check for yourself. It freaked me out. Currently investigating other non-asian, non-caucasian groups.

so i think im hitting the barber this weekend for my first time in over two years.

ive got a monthly rotation/step down plan set out for hair/beard styles and first up will most likely come out looking a little something like jason dill's sloppy mohawk but longer (and with full beard intact)

180516_1866362222170_1334460034_3667981_1411707_n.jpg