Hair Thread

qom

idk, in the US nobody would talk shit on it, but I live in Panama now and people are more open/rude about others' appearances here.

forreal, people seriously were like "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD?!" that quote coming from one of my teachers... yeah.

ohhh. dude. thats called haircut-slander. everyone gets smart ass comments when they get a haircut

but just to be sure, carry a knife at school

Keke:

There's no real way to avoid the ugly stage, without tying it up.

But, it also depends on how you want your hair to look. Not really layered, but not full/oh I just never got a haircut after shaving it all off, look, or what. If you're trying to go avant garden about it, could always shave the sides off. It really just depends on what you want your hair to look, after it grows out.

When I was growing my hair out a couple of years ago, I knew I was just gonna get dreads, so I didn't bother with shaping it, as I grew it out.

But since you're trying to grow it out as long as possible, you'll need to get it trimmed every 6 weeks or so. To keep it healthy and even. As longer hair that isn't well maintained, can easily break at the ends, making your hair uneven in some parts of your head.

i've had my hair similar to this for the last six months now (not me in the picture), although recently i have been getting a #2 on the sides/back instead of a #1.

Ttmf9.jpg

any product recommendations to keep it in place? i have thick, wavy (when it gets to a certain length) hair that grows fast. i haven't used anything before and it usually stays fine, but its summer here now and its not staying as well as it does in the cooler months. at the moment i've been using AC fiber, just because i had a pot of it lying around from years ago. i don't want too much shine and i'm guessing most pomades will have that. is one of those gatsby joints a good idea?

Murray's fucking magic. My hair is long and i wanted it slicked back/the wet look/etc. Put on some murray's, combed it and it was perfect. Wake up, comb your hair and you're good to go.

I guess you want something easily removable tho, so it's not the best. Still, Murray's does wonders.

Not a bitch to get out, if you've checked my blog.

Since it's your summer, and you don't want anything with shine. Try some Layrite or Cool Grease. Cool grease is a specific one, I think the label is under Fiber Grease. Try it out, they're both water soluble, and hold up well when it's hot.

.Will, try blow drying your hair after you comb the Murray's through. It'll help melt it, and maybe make your hairstyle look a bit better. I don't know what your hair looks like, but jus Saiyan.

No experience with American Crew. I don't really have the drive to try any big store bought pomades like that. They don't have the appeal to me. Not just because they're "not a greaser pomade" and what not. But I DO look for certain things in a pomade, and this just doesn't meet my requirements.

But my friends who use it, love it.

$25 ain't too bad for the Layrite, considering you're in Australia. Locally, some shops sell it for $18 +/-. I'd say you could try to order direct from them, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to deal with international orders, and it would probably end up being the same price range.

Hope you like it. Which one did you order? There's the yellow label which is the regular hold. And the one with the brown label (deluxe) which has a stronger hold.

Not a bitch to get out, if you've checked my blog.

Since it's your summer, and you don't want anything with shine. Try some Layrite or Cool Grease. Cool grease is a specific one, I think the label is under Fiber Grease. Try it out, they're both water soluble, and hold up well when it's hot.

.Will, try blow drying your hair after you comb the Murray's through. It'll help melt it, and maybe make your hairstyle look a bit better. I don't know what your hair looks like, but jus Saiyan.

will layrite or cool grease work for curly hair? im half way to a top-knot but this shit is just getting to bulky without wearing a hat...

No experience with American Crew. I don't really have the drive to try any big store bought pomades like that. They don't have the appeal to me. Not just because they're "not a greaser pomade" and what not. But I DO look for certain things in a pomade, and this just doesn't meet my requirements.

But my friends who use it, love it.

$25 ain't too bad for the Layrite, considering you're in Australia. Locally, some shops sell it for $18 +/-. I'd say you could try to order direct from them, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to deal with international orders, and it would probably end up being the same price range.

Hope you like it. Which one did you order? There's the yellow label which is the regular hold. And the one with the brown label (deluxe) which has a stronger hold.

yeah, international shipping is a bitch haha. i got the super hold one (brown pot), i'll let you know how i find it when it arrives.