Hair Thread

qom

I'm sorta getting bummed out by the spontaneous influx of business-man haircuts nowadays. A couple months ago, I thought I'd stray away from the ever so popular emo bangs and faux hawks, and go for a side-part.

3 months later, and the side-part is the new faux hawk. The fact that I wear real (nerdy) glasses coupled with the fact that nerdy glasses are the new fad, doesn't make it any better.

Seems like the only option I have left is to grow my hair out long as hell.

stuntastic - thanks for the tip, i just used a comb and clippers to fade it myself. just combed the hair at an angle and held it at the point i wanted to fade and buzzed along the comb.

I went a little too short in a couple parts but its hardly noticeable and in a few days you won't be able to see it.

I don't have a job so I'm trying to learn these things myself so I can cut my own hair and save some cash.

I'm sorta getting bummed out by the spontaneous influx of business-man haircuts nowadays. A couple months ago, I thought I'd stray away from the ever so popular emo bangs and faux hawks, and go for a side-part.

3 months later, and the side-part is the new faux hawk. The fact that I wear real (nerdy) glasses coupled with the fact that nerdy glasses are the new fad, doesn't make it any better.

You had emo bangs and faux hawks as recently as a few months ago?

The fuck outta here.

Way before I had dreadlocks and in mid prgression of my long hair growing, I knew that if I ever cut my hair/dreads off (which i obviously did,) if have a side part pompadour. I never even heard of or seen Mad Men, but I knew that the hairstyles for men were going to be super cool in the future. I done been way ahead of your curve, son. You need summadat neg.

I still have my dreads in a bag... And my dreads from 4 years ago in a different bag.

ke1 I say if you like your hair the way it is, screw changing it just because it is in vogue all of sudden. Ride out the wave. If you are actually unhappy with your hair at the moment, then grow it out.

^Eh. Not really. I mean, the whole work wear shit is pretty recent. It wasn't that way some 2-3 years ago. IMO, not until Self Edge actually started bringing in quality product. Yeah, there were the handful, but how many people actually heard or wore chambray until J.Crew had it? Not all that many.

This is what I meant by "emo bangs". And I had a faux hawk in high-school, can you blame me?

15295_383384592045_612907045_4383986_2264582_n.jpg

And Shuntastic, I know you may have felt targeted, as probably everyone in here with a side part does, but I just meant in general. Don't make too much of what I wrote, I never claimed that I pioneered the side-part, but merely am just not a fan of the recent influx. Basically, I thought I was the shit, but now everyone's the shit, and now I'm no longer the shit.

Really? Shuntastic?

You sound like a bitch.

just started venturing this thread.

I've been using axe pomade, but would like to try sweet georgia brown purple. Does anyone know where I can pick it up around LA?

Stunt, i couldn't find a post where you posted your online source for these?

I ordered mine from www.thegreaseshop.com. They ship pretty fast, so I'm satisfied with ordering from them. I tried ordering from Sweet Georgia Brown directly, but somehow my order never went through, and it took them around 2 weeks for them to reply to an email. So I said fuck it.

If you want to try and order from somewhere in CA, try

http://www.eddys-deluxe.com/

The online store is down, but if you try to email Rea, she would help you order from them. Plus tell you what other pomades they carry. And they carry a pretty good amount. She's very helpful. Tell her you heard from ma blizznog!

That was a typo, an honest mistake. But how is that even an insult if it weren't a typo...

Read your overreaction, and tell me if I still sound like a bitch.

I STILL FUCKIN HATE YOU.

I heard decent things about the set of Wahl clippers that come with multicolored guards. It's cheap and gets the job done.

If you want to spend some cash, there's Andi's Clippers.

That's what my buddy who's a barber uses. I don't think they have guards, just various different clippers. That's my guess, since he had like 8 at his station.

fuck the nay sayers I'm thinking about rocking a proper pomp. I've been wearing my shit like this for a while now, almost there just needs that pomade hook up and maybe a cut (along with a little more styling) here's what I'm working with...looking at stunt for that pomp tip homie

2vslx0w.jpg

photo booth shot, too lazy to hook up the real camera, yeah it looks like shit but you get the idea (I don't know what I'm doing with my face either so no hate)

any black people in here? This is what my hair's like for now...

monday016.jpg

I kind of wanna cut it off and just get a fade or something, but I don't want to spend all my time and money at the barber shop every week. I also tried to cut my own hair, but the results were sub par :/