Hair Thread

qom

yo what you thuns know about dry shampoo

Echoepidiamonds asked me to post this shit. Fuck the Hair Products thread so here it is MASS.

Dry shampoo takes the oil out of your hair without getting it wet. It's for days you don't shower/shampoo you're hair. I just got some, it works, it's an interesting effect.

Lemme gives you a bottle quote:

"Based on nettle extract,which controls the appearance of oil produced by sebaceous glands, natural polysaccharides, micronised powders with a very powerful oil-absorbing capacity, and cyclodextrins, this dry shampoo absorbs excess sebum and allows you to wash hair[ with liquid shampoo less often] in the case of greasy or very greasy hair. The hair regains volume and lightness in just [a few] minutes. Hypoallergenic"

So, I fucking used it on my greasy ass hair, then I brushed it (with a comb, cause if I had a brush... shit) out and then my hair was less shiny, and had more volume. Feels good too, none of that "too clean" shit.

HAIR NOOBS.

Washing your hair everyday with product or not, washes out a lot of the natural oils that your hair needs.

Makes a big difference, esp. when it comes to styling your hair.

If anything, wet comb your hair, to style it.

And too much dandruff shampoo (more than once a week,) will fuck up your scalp like a bad rash. Esp. when you go for something stronger than Head and Shoulders.

I only wash (shampoo and condition, if that) my hair once a week. I'll hop in the shower and get my hair wet so it sets my hair down.

Fools be thinkin that since I be had dreads, I ain't know hair. PFFFT...

Cheese ballin.

Good tips. A bit unrelated but if you end up taking this route, use one side of your towel to dry your hair and the other side to dry your body. (use a sharpie or something on the tag so you remember) The transfer of oils from your hair (or left over shampoo) to other parts of your skin can cause stuff like back acne.

This is what I have right now. I have been shaving my head for about 2yrs now and I want something different.

DSC04726.jpg

But want to do something like this....

brian1950haircutphoto.jpg

Tell me what you guys think. How much more should I grow my hair out before getting it cut like this?

Damn... I posted in this thread like 3 times and it hasn't posted!

^ A little bit of olive oil is good for your hair. So is mayo. They make hair mayo and shit, try that stuff out. But if you got the actual stuff laying around, why not. Make sure to only use a little bit. Olive oil sticks like crazy, and if you want to moisturize your hair, you only need to run a little dab through.

Sonny:

While growing out your hair to a desired length, you'd still need to get your hair trimmed. 1.5cm to an inch, every 6 weeks. It gets rid of split ends, and in the end, your hair will be a lot healthier. Then from then on out, just get a trim.

Wet cutting is necessary when cutting hair, because it allows the stylist to see how long your hairs actually are, and will be a lot easier on them to guage the length. Since the water will help keep the hair down. But for people with kinky/curly hair, it's best to cut the hair dry. Because when wet, the hair will be straight, but once it dries, it'll bounce back and could be uneven. As curls/kinky hair doesn't curl in uniform.

Damn... I posted in this thread like 3 times and it hasn't posted!

^ A little bit of olive oil is good for your hair. So is mayo. They make hair mayo and shit, try that stuff out. But if you got the actual stuff laying around, why not. Make sure to only use a little bit. Olive oil sticks like crazy, and if you want to moisturize your hair, you only need to run a little dab through.

Sonny:

While growing out your hair to a desired length, you'd still need to get your hair trimmed. 1.5cm to an inch, every 6 weeks. It gets rid of split ends, and in the end, your hair will be a lot healthier. Then from then on out, just get a trim.

Wet cutting is necessary when cutting hair, because it allows the stylist to see how long your hairs actually are, and will be a lot easier on them to guage the length. Since the water will help keep the hair down. But for people with kinky/curly hair, it's best to cut the hair dry. Because when wet, the hair will be straight, but once it dries, it'll bounce back and could be uneven. As curls/kinky hair doesn't curl in uniform.

cant rep thanks mucho gracias!

you can also try some hairwaxes. i use berrywell hairwax, with coconut scent, i only need the tiniest amount and my hair looks shiny and healthy. it comes in a really small container but it has so far lasted me almost 2 months, pretty amazing stuff.

i shampoo my hair every other day because my scalp gets incredibly itchy and i get strong dandruff if i don't

you can also try some hairwaxes. i use berrywell hairwax, with coconut scent, i only need the tiniest amount and my hair looks shiny and healthy. it comes in a really small container but it has so far lasted me almost 2 months, pretty amazing stuff.

i shampoo my hair every other day because my scalp gets incredibly itchy and i get strong dandruff if i don't

Have you tried using a stronger dandruff shampoo and using it less often?