Hair Thread

qom

if its anything like the cool grease black (a gel pomade as well), you can tame the shine by blow drying on cool air and lightly finish it off with another coat of the gel. you end up with a really strong hold, like hairspray but without the crustiness.

Looks excellent man, keep it up and you might reach fewgale levels of hair sickness!

Any chance you have any photos from before that december picture? what were you doing with your hair in the months leading up to that stage? I mean that is an awkward stage, but still, in that picture you had definitely reached long hair territory. 

I think I can't be the only person with shortish hair who is just too scared of the terrible hair months you will have to go through just to even reach that chin length stage...

Edited by tentpole

Thanks! I'm packing right now so I can't get to the pictures, but it was a pretty unflattering half-swept-back mess for a month or two. Truly the worst stage of the process, best part is my student ID picture was taken right when it was at its nerdiest. i'll put something up soon

yeah yeah, i know. i didn't literally mean look like his hair.

rn i am not growing my hair out, last time i had long hair i was 13 and i wore ac/dc t shirts and nike sbs and it was the pinnacle of a hot mess so since then i have suffered from hair growing trauma + it has been kept short-medium length.

now i'm 20 though + ppl out here like seenmy and noramimi always making me wonder like "what if..." y'know? 

Edited by tentpole

I been wearing it up for almost 2 years and it may need some care to get it looking healthy,

Any suggestions for thick hair?

My hair is a little coarse but pretty damn thick..

i tried the organic cider vinegar and bicarbonate of soda wash for almost two months but it started to have negative effects on my hair.. probably going to have to start investing in expensive shampoos and conditioners which i am willing to do if someone can suggest..?

Thanks

ur banished from our ranks forever. but. if you are out there in the universe lurking somewhere and your hair is looking unhealthy despite you not overwashing it with sodium laureth sulfate then i recommend getting ahold of a good serum for your hair. kevin murphy's products do very well in this department. apart from this if you really want to go hard with your hair care you can buy satin or silk pillowcases to reduce friction when sleeping but your parents/gf/bf/whatever might think you're kinda weird if you start insisting on only the finest luxury textiles to rest your weary hair on

After months of chickening out I took the plunge and got my head shaved today.  I've never had my hair this short in my life so I didn't know if my head would be oddly shaped under all my hair, but I'm pretty happy with the result. 

vAsKTpP.jpg?3

OxqCEgY.jpg?1

Edited by Schoon

After months of chickening out I took the plunge and got my head shaved today.  I've never had my hair this short in my life so I didn't know if my head would be oddly shaped under all my hair, but I'm pretty happy with the result. 

vAsKTpP.jpg?3

OxqCEgY.jpg?1

you should cop new glasses to avoid looking like the I.T. guy at my college. hair looks good though

• 2 months later...

People doing the "no-poo" thing, what's your routine? I criticized the "no poo" thing in this thread before, after reading things like this but I tried it for a few months. Went back to shampoo & conditioner after I burned my hand and it was just easier to lather on with one hand. Now I'm doing no-poo again for the last couple of weeks. I've been using 1 part baking soda mixed with 4 to 5 parts water to clean my hair, and 1 part vinegar mixed with 4 to 5 part water to condition. This doesn't clean as well as shampoo, but my hair is less flat after washing using this method, maybe precisely because it's less clean. I wash my hair with the baking soda vinegar combo every other day, or consecutive days if I happen to sweat a lot that day from yardwork/gym/ect.

Looking for more insight on this no-poo thing.

I'm growing the sides and back out right now, 4 months in, and it's looking like shit. The top is already long and reaches the middle of my neck when tied back. I wear a hat 95% when I leave the house.

I honestly just don't use anything. No baking soda, conditioner, vinegar. Nothing. Just water. I apply water based products every morning after my showers and sleep with the product in. I never shower at night, only AM and like I said, just keep my head under the water for a while. When under, I scrub well and push my hair back over and over to try and rinse product out. I can tell my hair is nice and light when I get out and that there isn't anything really left behind, even though I just used the shower water.

Even though you said on some days you sweat more than others, you probably could just get away with a thorough scrubbing of your hair and scalp while rinsing.  

I am doing a part time  no poo thing for ages now..

My scalp irritates easily from products  so I don't use anything until I reach the barber.

Before that I have the same experience as the person above me..

My barber is a mate and suggested I try the No poo thing. He then washes it with Malin and goetz Peppermint shampoo.

The reason for that is that it's hard to cut and buzz when it is a bit on the greasy side..

I go every five weeks, so my head gets shampooed about 10 times a year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys take vitamins for your hair? If so, which ones? I feel like I lose a lot more hair than usual. I wake up in the morning and I see strands of hair all over my sleep place.

I started taking these multivitamin from my local drugstore that contains biotin and ever since I have less hairs falling out.

I started taking these multivitamin from my local drugstore that contains biotin and ever since I have less hairs falling out.

i take the the generic biotin from costco (i think it's called natures bounty or s/t?), that has vitamins and stuff in it as well. my hairs quite healthy already so i haven't really noticed much, but my mother's been suffering from losing more hair than usual, after about a month on it her hair looks and feels much thicker.