Hair Thread

qom

Ye. I go to Revive it's in the South End and there's only 4 stylists so it pretty much takes forever to get an appointment (plan on 3 or so weeks). But it's the 4 girls who used to work at Liquid down the street before it started to suck and it's pretty much awesome there. Everyone is super nice and they are really good stylists. Shag in Southie is pretty good as well but it's also huge so there is some hit or miss to be had. Shag has a lot cooler of an atmosphere up in a loft with lots of hot chicks with leather and purple hair.

I've been growing my hair out for the past few months. Do I need to cut the lower hair (the hair that is hanging halfway over my ears) until the top reaches my ears, or am I really just not getting a haircut for the next year? I was loving it until the past week, when the hair around my ears started puffing out... sigh...

photo

Edited by jackburtonlordsofdeath

I'm going to go get my hair cut next weekend. I'll just have it trimmed fairly short. Last time it was cut, the barber didn't take enough length off the side and now they kinda stick out. Looks ok from the sides and back, but the front looks terrible. I'll post more when it's cut. Any ideas on ways to style once it's shorter?

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics (also apologize for the dont tread on me flag, I'm not a tea party guy, I just like US history)

imag0277s.jpg

imag0278w.jpg

imag0280v.jpg

imag0282nw.jpg

Edited by kelleydenham

Guest Faena

hi all-

after a couple months back posting bout my topknot growing, i have one,

im 17 and so im young enough to do either hair cut (ones quite loud) and i was wondering what people thought-

http://aglobalculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/10deep-fallwinter2011-black-cats-collection-0.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DOxBaHAc26Q/TQGG5VVeO7I/AAAAAAAAAPY/DoC2RqwIgAQ/s1600/01-magazine-hiroki-nakamura-of-visvim-interview.jpg

i think hiroki's hair looks great on a day to day, but figured also when am i ever going to get to be young enough to pull off the other?

The other looks much more stylish- i'm perfectly in the middle (how do i upload my own photos?)

my hair is about 3-6 months off full topknot so i could either shave it or wait it out

Around 6 weeks ago i shaved off my head, now its growing quite thick. I'm going for the long term grooming, any recommended products to help grow it faster/healthier?

i wanna grow it long now, like shoulder length, last time it took me like 1 year+ but it was all oily and shit

I tried cutting my own hair today, wimped out after the first few trims. I don't think I even have the right shears to do it with. I'd LOVE to be able to cut my own hair, but I definitely am to much of newb to try it with my medium-length hair.

I might just have to leave this to the professionals.

Gordon-Levitt has a nice haircut up there BTW. I'm gonna go for something similar.

Around 6 weeks ago i shaved off my head, now its growing quite thick. I'm going for the long term grooming, any recommended products to help grow it faster/healthier?

i wanna grow it long now, like shoulder length, last time it took me like 1 year+ but it was all oily and shit

I know it sounds kind of lame, but IMO, the one thing more important than any one products, is your overall health. Make sure you have a well rounded diet, lots of greens, take you vitamins, make sure you drink eight glasses of water a day and you will see benefits not only in your hair but skin.. think holistically.

Make sure you get a shampoo without parabens and sulfates and dont overwash your hair. I have dry hair and only wash it around once a week.

You can get a vitamin called hair skin and nails, and get those omega 3 fatty acids as well.

I know it sounds lame but what you put into your body, does overtime make a serious difference, especially if your planning on growing your hair for a year plus. IDK something to think about

that make sense now, as all i do is eat mcdonalds everytime im hungry and drink coke almost every few hours

thanks man, would think bout that

btw while we're on the topic, is a 300gram steak twice a week considered healthy?

^^But I personally don't really think that would effect hair/skin health. That mainly has to do with actually getting enough food and getting the right vitamins and nutrients. Basically, eating fruits and vegetables. I don't really think that eating things like lots of sugar/saturated fat really affect it that much.

I've been cutting my own hair for a few months now. I got a haircut that I kinda liked (they always got it a little wrong, hence me doing it myself), and i've been maintaining that cut/letting it grow out a bit more than the stylists ever left. The hardest part is trimming the top. The sides are easy with a decent set of clippers. Depending on how you wear it, slighly longer hair will give you greater margin for error when trimming it. Just trimmed today, excuse the crap pictures.img01528567.th.jpgimg01578568.th.jpg

Provide a source. I could not find anything that indicated that was true.

In fact there are two kinds of vitamins. One group is soluble in water (B#, C, and more) and the second group in oil (E, D, K, A).

If you add oil to your salad, the vitamins can be better-absorbed in comparison to non-oil dressing. The kind of fatty acid does not affect the mechanism in the first place, but unsaturated (omega 3&6) fatty acids are important for some processes in your body. The body can produce fatty acids but only saturated ones. So it's better to replace saturated with unsaturated acids, because of the health benefits.

I've never heard of an impact of sugar on vitamin absorption in the gastro-intestinal tract. But I will check dat.