Hair Thread

qom

i have a heart shaped face and a head that's shaped like an egg, with a fairly significant taper from my ears to my forehead. My forehead is short, roughly 1.5 inches from the beginning of my nose to my hairline. My hair is also super thick and wiry. i've tried side-swept bangs, putting it up in the front, etc. but with my odd shaped head everything looks bad when looking at myself broadside. Can anyone recommend a style that might work for me?

got my haircut at El Catrin Barbershop in Santa Ana, CA. Excellent customer service. I've gotten my haircut at other barbershops in the area, and while they all do a good job, I feel out of place. RIght from the get go, the barber was friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Anyone in Orange County looking for a kick ass shop, go there!

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Leonard Leroy, May 7, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Leonard Leroy, May 7, 2012 - No reason given

Photo41.jpg

my hur

what you can't see in the picture is that i've been greying since i was an infant, and it's gotten to the point where my hair has highlights almost

i hope i'm a just for men ad at 30

and silverback gorillaz at 31

can't grow facial hair so iim glad to get some compensation for all the stress

Edited by Leonard Leroy
  • 3 weeks later...

paging gettoasty and others who do not shampoo.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/07/23/joe-mercolas-shampoo-woo/

summary: shampoo is all good man.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/living/hair-myths-o/index.html

Myth#5.: If you shampoo less often, your scalp will gradually produce less oil.

I tend to err on the side of science and research instead of personal anecdotes/new age quackery. What do y'all think?

Just stumbled upon this amazing community and have been browsing through the "hair style" thread. I noticed a topic of discussion and since it was back from August 2010

Basically, how do people go with not washing their hair (water-only washes / water rinses / wet and run fingers through) as described in the thread during the summer and work out days? I couldn't imagine just splashing water on my head after a weekend like the one that just passed. Or even after my workout yesterday when I was dripping and pooling in sweat. Personally, I have been shampooing my hair everytime I shower (I've had short and LONG hair and now mediumish) and never had any problems with lack of oils, dandruff or any other reason why people say not to wash your hair. I do notice the days I don't wash or have yet to wash my hair is a bit "thicker" and easier to style since it's already somewhat templated from the previous style. So I can understand that benefit to not washing my hair, but it's just hard to sleep at night knowing my head is full of grease, sweat, and tears.

So, with that said, what are the rules / guidelines to washing your hair in the summer and after workouts?

^^^

read my last post, #5241. I tried the "shampoo once or twice a week" thing for a couple of weeks. I'd just use a comb and comb through it in the shower, but it just got nasty by the 3rd day or so without shampoo. Now I just shampoo everyday that I workout/run and every other day max if I don't do any strenuous activity. Although I do use less shampoo than before.

Edited by diniro

"

Just stumbled upon this amazing community and have been browsing through the "hair style" thread. I noticed a topic of discussion and since it was back from August 2010

Basically, how do people go with not washing their hair (water-only washes / water rinses / wet and run fingers through) as described in the thread during the summer and work out days? I couldn't imagine just splashing water on my head after a weekend like the one that just passed. Or even after my workout yesterday when I was dripping and pooling in sweat. Personally, I have been shampooing my hair everytime I shower (I've had short and LONG hair and now mediumish) and never had any problems with lack of oils, dandruff or any other reason why people say not to wash your hair. I do notice the days I don't wash or have yet to wash my hair is a bit "thicker" and easier to style since it's already somewhat templated from the previous style. So I can understand that benefit to not washing my hair, but it's just hard to sleep at night knowing my head is full of grease, sweat, and tears.

So, with that said, what are the rules / guidelines to washing your hair in the summer and after workouts?

"

try washing with some baking powder and water mix and some apple vinegar

Edited by Isquach

summary: shampoo is all good man.

I tend to err on the side of science and research instead of personal anecdotes/new age quackery. What do y'all think?

I'm basically the same as gettoasty.

I personally noticed my hair felt much stronger and healthier than when I had been shampooing daily. I tried a lot of different shampoos (expensive/inexpensive/"all-natural" apothecary/anti-dandruff/only conditioner/etc.) and none of them worked, they still made my hair feel super dry and frail while making my scalp flaky.

Something that I did notice is that place does matter (hard water vs soft water) as with your personal genetics. Just like gettoasty goes a month without, but I can only go 2 weeks max without shampooing.

Again, I'm only speaking from my personal opinion, but the conclusion that I've come to from completely going through with not shampooing is that you should only shampoo as much as you really need to.

Edited by halomunkey

Posted · Hidden by halomunkey, May 31, 2012 - double post
Hidden by halomunkey, May 31, 2012 - double post

I'm basically the same as gettoasty.

I personally noticed my hair felt much stronger and healthier than when I had been shampooing daily. I tried a lot of different shampoos (expensive/inexpensive/"all-natural" apothecary/anti-dandruff/only conditioner/etc.) and none of them worked, they still made my hair feel super dry and frail while making my scalp flaky.

Something that I did notice is that place does matter (hard water vs soft water) as with your personal genetics. Just like gettoasty goes a month without, but I can only go 2 weeks max without shampooing.

Again, I'm only speaking from my personal opinion, but the conclusion that I've come to from completely going through with not shampooing is that you should only shampoo as much as you really need to.

my hair never gets itchy, flaky or dry. i builds up up volume nicely when i just rinse every day as allows me to style my hair better it seems.

i will admit that depending on the consistency of the product, thick i.e. wax, clay, pomade or wax i.e. softer, and water solubility, some of the former products does cause my hair to become a lint magnet. when this happens i just condition to get the remaining product out. this is also why i much prefer water soluable products or staying away from clays.

fml and i just recently bought a $20 jar of baxter clay. that stuff is seriously bad IMO. hopefully b&b sumotech is better and the consistency looks lighter and more pliable.

oh and fyi, i rinse my hair in higher than lukewarm water fwiw...i like the heat =\

when it gets hotter here in california than i will probably go with lukewarm.

Edited by gettoasty

hmm, I'm asian, and love the baxter clay pomade. I like it a lot better than sumotech/wax, american crew, and aveda's stuff. That being said, I do shampoo often, and have a water filter for the shower head.

Edited by limbo