Hair Thread

qom

Yo, tired of the pomp. Gonna grow out my hair and do this in 2-3 months. Be on that pretty boy shit:

Sen-Mitsuji-028-468x700.jpg

And yea, for those that need volume, KMS sea-salt spray + sebastian craft clay does wonders. The new craft clay is so good, totally matte with holding power but w/o the heft and grease of the old xtah clay and my hair moves about in the wind but settles down nicely after.

where to find more of this?

anywhere online i can order GQ ASIA/China magazine? seen it only once at a B&N

if you cop the twists, whenever you take them out your hair should sort of keep a slight, random form of the twists that should look good if you don't really comb it out.

then you really don't end up doing the twists that often.

I'm going to cut my hair soon, not sure how short or if I should do something stupid with it.

^^I had twists for a little while last year, but I left them in too long and it took me forever to take them out. I might be easier to manage if I just have hair on top though. Also, I agree that the wavy look right after you take them out looks good. That and the fact that twists and braids make your hair longer after you take them out is a definite positive for the twists.

^^I had twists for a little while last year, but I left them in too long and it took me forever to take them out. I might be easier to manage if I just have hair on top though. Also, I agree that the wavy look right after you take them out looks good. That and the fact that twists and braids make your hair longer after you take them out is a definite positive for the twists.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Right now I have a little over 2 inches length up top and a 2 on the sides/back.

Im getting tired of having to do it in the morning (my hair mats down really easy) so I was thinking about going for twists up top. But I can't commit so I just let everything grow. Looks like shit doe.

is there stylistic/meaning between parting your hair to the left or right?

fuck i just tried today parting my hair to the right instead of left like sen mitsuji but it looks so messy. ive been parting my hair to the left (feels natural?) and now it is "misaligned" ... fml

ty dudes.

i was just wondering for the longest time what the difference was between left/right part. i thought it was a symbol or something. perhaps it is just what feels natural for the hairdo.

haircut way overdo. i was planning on going in this saturday, but postponed due to being indecisive. i have a good amount of hair grown out now and thought about chopping it all off and go short. with my current hairdo i feel very dorky/nerdy. but thanks to DJ (out of rep) for posting Sen. i think i am just going to get my sides cleaned up...#2 on the side and continue with left part. now if only i can find out when that cute hairdresser works. still kicking myself for not asking her name/# the first time i went to the salon. she actually asked if i wanted scissors on the side instead of a normal buzz with clippers. now every time i go in there it is old ladies :(

@ Ambivalence: No, i got a slight waviness inherited from my mom. Which is real nice as I get a nice texture w/o using much product.

@ gettoasty: Not much. I use the redken stuff currently, a dime piece to spread over your palms, rub allover into hair, then use 3 penny-sized amts on the fingers only to touch up the fringe, back and the combover part and finish with an quick spritz hair spray.

LESS > TOO MUCH

Tip: For added texture squirt some hairspray on fingers and mash into the thicker area.

edit: oh did i forget to mention how much i hate washing my hair and the way it feels after? feels like wires and it is not manageable at all. one way to describe it is my hair becomes oddly volumnized . have to give it almost a week tops for all the oils to comeback and the hair to settle normally.

thanks DJ

more = less for sure. just did up my hairdo to see how it is. too much product.

i like the way you do yours. my currently lifts up and combed back (short still IMO). i like the part/comb over with the hair coming forward.

shooes posted this, was good. mine currently like this basically but more up than side/forward. imo, i think it is due to the product i used being too much causing the hair to become too stiff too quickly. essentially, hair becomes heavy instead of soft/workable with the comb/hands.

good:

jcrew-wallace-barnes-collection-mens-11.jpg

this is what i mean with too much product causing hair to stand up:

theres-something-about-mary-cameron-diaz.jpg

lol

edit: oh did i forget to mention how much i hate washing my hair and the way it feels after? feels like wires and it is not manageable at all. one way to describe it is my hair becomes oddly volumnized . have to give it almost a week tops for all the oils to comeback and the hair to settle normally.

i had this problem for years, and then realised it was the shampoo and conditioner i was using. find one that suits your hair type. i have been using garnier (dry/damaged, there are a bunch) for a long time now - i have to wash every 2 days though because it still gets greasy quickly, especially in summer.

thought i was the only one, thanks for the rec. will try that

i use h&s like 1-2 a month (seems like i have to during the winter) as scalp becomes dry (not itchy though oddly, or maybe itchy and dry scalp are not correlated?). seldom shampoo during summer...

oh, regarding my hair being pushed upward too much rather than forward--just use fingers to brush the part forward. easy fix and looks much better than cameron diaz. great thing about pomade is that it's easy to work with throughout the day. nice!

yeah, head and shoulders dries out your hair and will hence add volume. it is an anti-dandruff shampoo and should only be used if you actually have a major dandruff problem (and even in that case i'd recommend neutrogena t-gel or some prescription stuff).

i am amazed that you only wash your hair once a month though, fuck.

i rinse my hair thoroughly at night and when i wake up. shampoo much much less.

my hair doesn't get itchy or smelly, which would be 2 reasons i would go ahead and wash. well, i'll confess i also go the gym regularly too. but i use my sweater to cover up the bench or anything i am lying on to prevent direct contact with head.

another reason as i mentioned was how my hair felt after shampooing. like tangled wires...but i may look into the garnier you mentioned. r u asian by chance? perhaps our hair will have the same makeup