Hair Thread

qom

Yo, tired of the pomp. Gonna grow out my hair and do this in 2-3 months. Be on that pretty boy shit:

Sen-Mitsuji-028-468x700.jpg

And yea, for those that need volume, KMS sea-salt spray + sebastian craft clay does wonders. The new craft clay is so good, totally matte with holding power but w/o the heft and grease of the old xtah clay and my hair moves about in the wind but settles down nicely after.

To the people who dont wash their hair frequently (ie once a week or once a fortnight)

Do you guys not use product? Or do you just wash product out with water?

Also what is a decently priced hair product to use? I use gatsby purple and grey but my hairdresser really advises against it because its really thick and doesnt wash out easily which she says is real bad for the hair.

I use product, conservatively. And even then, I just rinse it out in the shower.

Tbh, I do not wash my hair only until my next haircut...OR when I really need to, I just condition. If I feel my scalp getting dry (itchy) I use some H&S

edit:

Any good blogs of buzzed haircuts? i.e. similar to this one but dudes with shorter do's

hair game has been too lame for too long. gonna get the sides cut real short and leave the top long. it will probably look like ass. i can't wait.

To the people who dont wash their hair frequently (ie once a week or once a fortnight)

Do you guys not use product? Or do you just wash product out with water?

Also what is a decently priced hair product to use? I use gatsby purple and grey but my hairdresser really advises against it because its really thick and doesnt wash out easily which she says is real bad for the hair.

I use murray's pomade. rinse daily, never shampoo.

I do.

They have a really good range of products, especially for the price, since they're a big company. The shampoo works really well, especially when other pomade degreasing shampoos never really work, and are more expensive (paying for the name.)

And thanks Zubin. Not to sound cocky, but I didn't really "do" my hair that day. But I'm glad it's appreciated none the less.

anyone here use DAX?...

I do. Was on Sweet Georgia Brown but it made my hair too juicy. Dax in the purple tin is now my jam.

Its the one they claim you can rinse out with water, but I still need to use shampoo (any kind) if I really want to clean my hair.

Also started to shampoo more rarely and my hair is much easy to style. Kinda unsure if its a good idea to skip shampoo when you work out regularly (I work out like 5 times per week). What do you think? Is it disgusting or should I just shampoo once per week or can I skip it completely?

Weird, just last night I had a dream where I cut my hair super short.

In any case, I need help with relatively inexpensive products that will keep my long asian hair looking greasy/wet for a couple hours. Nothing that'll eventually stiffen up though (what).

Pushing for the longest time without shampooing my hair (when I've been counting). Last time was on Sunday and am planning on doing so again on Saturday. I've been trying to prevent a lot of oil build up by really thoroughly running my hands through my hair in the shower. It seems to help.

Normally I shampoo 2-3 times a week. I'm honestly not sure at this point whether or not I'll continue to try to not shampoo it but it's something for me to experiment with.

I shampoo everyday and if I go longer than half a day without taking a shower, my hair gets oily and starts to stink. From what I read here, less shampooing should reduce the amount of oil from my scalp but what should I do to cover the smell? I can febreeze my jeans but hair is probably a different story...

Posted · Hidden by herbology, November 13, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by herbology, November 13, 2011 - No reason given

Been too busy lately to get a cut and as a result, my hair's longer than it's ever been. Might as well use this as an opportunity to try something new opposed to the short cuts I normally get. Any suggestions? My hair is really thick and straight for an asian.

UJCya.jpg

O3Rnh.jpg

Not really that hair related but Im thinking of growing my hair out and need a hat/cap to wear during that awful stage

Ive got a beanie for winter but I have no idea what to wear during the warmer months. Im looking at getting a baseball/trucker cap of some sorts but dont know where to start since I never really wore hats to begin with.

Any recommendations?

@tracer

There's not much you can do about it tbh. It's your body's way of getting used to having a dry scalp every time you showered daily. Best way imo would be to buzz cut (or at least cut very short) and that will help the ugly greasy look while your your scalp normalizes again. If you don't want to cut your hair then I would suggest wearing hats a lot and then fabreeze the hat if it smells (kinda lol, but whatever works, right?)

When beginning the no-shampoo thing, a lot of people just start out diluting their shampoo/conditioner. Probably your best option. Only thing is it will take longer for your hair to get used to it then going all out will.

@comp: truckers are for HK d-bags (no offence if you are from hk...) camp caps, ebbets, even new eras are a much better choice.