Hair Thread

qom

makes it wavy and gives it some rough texture, the whole idea is its meant to make your hair look like you went just swimming in the sea (and it dried, obviously). sea hair = best hair. as i said before, i don't think it would be very effective on super straight asian hair.

I've got stick-straight asian hair, and when I had slightly shorter hair, enough to be manageable, I always liked how it looked after coming out of salt water and drying. Never tried the sea-spray, but have definitely just mixed up some (fairly diluted) salt water and rubbed it through my hair before -- I can't imagine it's much different.

Any experience on sea salt with thick hair?

Recently got my hair cut at a Hair Cuttery on campus, again I had a comment on how thick my hair is. This old lady with tattoos on her arms at Hair Cuttery was telling me how she thought her ex husband had the thickest hair shes ever encountered. Guess not, I feel like Archer now.

Going to grow out my hair a little bit more and go for this http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr0u8mzG791qb23alo1_500.gif

(guy on the left)

When I do texture/mess my hair I either use Gatsby Wax, AC Fiber, or Murray's, if anyone else is having a hard time with thick hair.

sarcastic:

By hard time, what do you mean? What are the products currently doing to your hair? What exactly is the desired goal, for your hair?

If your hair is ridiculously thick and you're going for the left (guy turning,) you'll need to get your hair thinned out. You won't achieve that look without it, or many other looks, for that matter.

sarcastic:

By hard time, what do you mean? What are the products currently doing to your hair? What exactly is the desired goal, for your hair?

If your hair is ridiculously thick and you're going for the left (guy turning,) you'll need to get your hair thinned out. You won't achieve that look without it, or many other looks, for that matter.

Hard time as in getting your hair to achieve a desired look. I listed my products, and yes I do thin my hair. I let my hair grow out for a while cause I was bumming around so I did not thin it at all. Even had to buy my own thinning shears :P so I don't have to go get a hair cut so often.

texture. after years of cutting my hair and watching stylists cut my hair I got it down

Cut the top layer of hair a lot more jagged, with some short locks, then you could use product to ruffle it up so it isn't a blob

I just don't shampoo ever so I have a good, healthy amount of oil to do that with.

You're always gonna have thick ass asian hair on the bottom layers so you just kinda texture the top layer, pop it up, and shift it in

I just cut my hair today (cut it myself) so it's shortish but i think you could see it here

Photo24.jpg

And I have thick hair even by asian hair standards so think this tip is universal

You don't want to texture the bottom layer too much. Just cut enough for bulk. That poofyness after a bad cut comes from an over textured bottom layer of thick hair

The good stylists use their finesse on the top layers. I've had great results with stylists who use scissors to texture, or just use the razor/texturing jagged shear things.

As long as they're focusing on texturing the top layers you'll end up with a good cut. You could be confident they know what they're doing with your asian hair.

(i use the texturing shears since I'm just sitting in front of a mirror doing it myself. I have a better pair of scissors but i get the same effect and save a lot of time using the shears.)

By the way, I use Dax pomade if I need product. Stuntastic recommended to DUM. Its a nice light pomade. I don't know how old the can I use is, however. I found it in Philippines in January in my grandfather's room. Only he's been dead for ten years now.

I can't find my can on the first view pages of google image

Any recommendations for a dry wax for rather fine hair? I've never really used any product in my adult life and just want something that will hold a bit of shape without being very noticeable. Hair goes everywhere even in light breeze on my way to class.