Hair Thread

qom

step 1) building on redX: use the printer to print out a picture OR somehow transfer the picture onto some sort of portable electronic device (like a smart phone, iPod, iPhone, laptop, iPad, iPed etc.)

step 2) take visual imagery to a trained professional and indicate your desire for said haircut.

step 3) inquire about which product would be best for you.

repeat process when/if you want to change hairstyles.

thinking about getting my hair cut

usually get it like this

Ioniy.jpg

kind of would rather keep it a bit longer but don't really know what to do w/ it when it gets wavy up top...pic for reference

plcja.jpg

don't want to use any product that gives it a wet look...has to look mature and clean and professional for work

don't want to use any product that gives it a wet look...has to look mature and clean and professional for work

Mr. Ducktail's pomade by Hairgum would work best for you. It gives you just the right amount of hold, doesn't harden, gives you a good amount of sheen, but not too much. It's a great all around pomade, that everyone should try. It's a great pomade, in between everything else.

Hairgum USA is giving my blog a promo-code, for 30% off of everything. The code will be up until the 4th of July. But...

The code isn't live just yet. It'll be up in a few days or so.

But 30% off is really fuckin good. As most codes companies give bloggers is usually under 20% and only for a single weekend.

Mr. Ducktail's pomade by Hairgum would work best for you. It gives you just the right amount of hold, doesn't harden, gives you a good amount of sheen, but not too much. It's a great all around pomade, that everyone should try. It's a great pomade, in between everything else.

Hairgum USA is giving my blog a promo-code, for 30% off of everything. The code will be up until the 4th of July. But...

But 30% off is really fuckin good. As most codes companies give bloggers is usually under 20% and only for a single weekend.

awesome. Mr. Ducktail is the next pomade i planned to buy. Schmiere is good, but wanna try other ones.

btw, you sure the code isnt working yet? :cool:

Dudes. I need help. It seems that every time I goto a barbershop I cant really explain what im trying to go for. This last trip today I didn't explain it right and wound up having to shave everything off and start from scratch So i just went from like a 5 to a 1. Anyways im trying to get pics together to show for the next trip and havent been able to find what i want.

Something in between the two of these dudes but more along the lines of du on the left.

ducksauce.jpg

Im black so im guessing itd come out something more like this

hightop.jpg

But instead of picking it out i kind of wanted the unkempt look up top like this

kanye-west-808-heartbreak-album-2.jpg

I guess im trying to mix all of those into one and I know im making it more complicated than it really is but I cant figure out how to explain it for the life of me. Any one know of any pics of a black dude or someone with thicker hair with I guess itd be like an unkempt fade?

Thanks

Dovo, just grow a two to three inch (when combed) fro and then just go to barber and say you want a fade with nothing taken off the sides. My bro has been rocking this cut for a while but you will need hair that is curly as a muh.

qxqlqt.jpg

this is sort of similar. I thought about this, I could shave my sides and have this right now.

Right now I'm going for this:

2nqgkuu.png

I think I'm like 1-2 months from that length. I can't seem to consistently get that variance I guess? Sometimes my hair stays pretty round. Length seems to be helping though.

maybe du has some shit in his hair that allows him to style it some?

I cant do facial hair if my life depended on it so i know what you mean and if you're one or two months away from the length you want i would say just get the haircut now.

Ive been wearing this cut for a while but its a bit lower than what you want. Trust me though it would look fine at most lengths.

5760466230_2f4b191e8f.jpg

Right so I'm pretty sure I want to a have a pop at a hiroki-esque knot. My hair has to do a fair bit of growing to ge to that length and looks a bit crap at the moment, should I go in and get a trim explaining what I eventually want so they don't fuck it up too bad or just suck it up and keep growing?

may be a bit too much sheen for me

also, though my hair is shorter i may go through something like that too quickly if you used 1/8 the tin in one shot

to give you an idea of what i want to do w/ my hair reference this pic:

shia-labeouf-wall-street-money-never-sleeps-Kmnf66.jpg

i'll probably keep it a little shorter on the sides though