Hair Thread

qom

Layrite is a water soluble pomade.

Not very comparable to Sweet Georgia Brown or other petrolatum pomades.

While the purple tin SGB is water soluble, it's a completely different consistency and type, compared to Layrite.

Layrite is more of a gel than a pomade.

One thing I don't get about people who dis on Layrite, is that they say it flakes... It doesn't, it's not a gel or a mousse, so how would it flake? They're just doing it wrong or don't believe they have dandruff.

that isn't true, i have parted to the side for years and combed back - it still always falls to the front.

it falls to the front because i'm pretty sure you don't walk around with your chin in the sky most of the day. the more often you put it back, the longer it'll stay. also depends on how you comb it back..think hat hair

Pretttty sure it differs from person to person. Does it stay back for you?

i guess applies more to straight/wavy hair but i have long hair now. if i have it tied up all day it'll stay up/back for a good hour or two afterwards.

I am thinking about doing this with my hair. I was wondering if anyone has any better pictures of a similar style?

i've had my hair similar to this for the last six months now (not me in the picture), although recently i have been getting a #2 on the sides/back instead of a #1.

Ttmf9.jpg

any product recommendations to keep it in place? i have thick, wavy (when it gets to a certain length) hair that grows fast. i haven't used anything before and it usually stays fine, but its summer here now and its not staying as well as it does in the cooler months. at the moment i've been using AC fiber, just because i had a pot of it lying around from years ago. i don't want too much shine and i'm guessing most pomades will have that. is one of those gatsby joints a good idea?

Here's a pro tip: Bring that picture in when you go into your appointment.

Many stylists prefer it, as they know exactly what you want. There are several terms in haircutting, so when you say something like "Yeah, I want it to gradually go from short to long... etc etc" they'd be like "so you want it to taper?"

So whenever you want a particular cut and are able to have a picture of it, bring it.

I got a haircut tonight and while I was trying to describe the style, he told me I should've just brought a pic. And I've been researching pics for the last two days... Oh well, my hair looks good, I'll post a pic up later.

Layrite is a water soluble pomade.

Not very comparable to Sweet Georgia Brown or other petrolatum pomades.

While the purple tin SGB is water soluble, it's a completely different consistency and type, compared to Layrite.

Layrite is more of a gel than a pomade.

One thing I don't get about people who dis on Layrite, is that they say it flakes... It doesn't, it's not a gel or a mousse, so how would it flake? They're just doing it wrong or don't believe they have dandruff.

it flakes for me, but only when i use too much - even then its not severe. i'm guessing that's what most people do if they are complaining about flaking.

Long time lurker, first time poster here, and this is probably gonna be a ridiculously noob-y question that i hope doesn't cause so much irritation that i get entirely ignored, but we shall see!

Basically, I've never really used any product in my hair, and had for many years what can only be described as a moptop. Now I'd fancy a change, and want to go slightly preppy, like so:

http://www.asos.com/Polo-Ralph-Lauren/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Plain-Oxford-Slim-Fit-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1430029&SearchQuery=ralph%20lauren&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blue

Now I'm gonna take in a similar picture when i get my haircut, just to make things easier, but my hairdresser isn't great at recommendations, so i was wondering if y'all could tell me what's best to keep my hair back like that. When i say i know little about products, i mean really little - like, do i need clay, mousse, wax or what?

Cheers for any help :)

Long time lurker, first time poster here, and this is probably gonna be a ridiculously noob-y question that i hope doesn't cause so much irritation that i get entirely ignored, but we shall see!

Basically, I've never really used any product in my hair, and had for many years what can only be described as a moptop. Now I'd fancy a change, and want to go slightly preppy, like so:

http://www.asos.com/Polo-Ralph-Lauren/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Plain-Oxford-Slim-Fit-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1430029&SearchQuery=ralph%20lauren&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blue

Now I'm gonna take in a similar picture when i get my haircut, just to make things easier, but my hairdresser isn't great at recommendations, so i was wondering if y'all could tell me what's best to keep my hair back like that. When i say i know little about products, i mean really little - like, do i need clay, mousse, wax or what?

Cheers for any help :)

i think this shit gets answered every page

Everyone getting comb backwards / away from forehead styles these days?

I am super overdue for a haircut and it's only because I can't decide on anything D:

This thread has almost convinced me not to hide under mai aznhair, haha.

To everyone asking the hair product questions I think it is easiest just to ask the hairdressers themselves half the time.. Just make sure to get their personal opinion and not the whatever we have in store to sell you talk.

Hey there

I have dark curly hair, I wanted to cut them since they are way too long now...but I don't know how to deal with these curls, does anyone have the same hair and/or suggestions ?

And by the way, if someone knows a good hairdresser in Stockholm, I would be interested !

I went and got my hair cut by Justin at Sivletto in Södermalm. If you look some pages back I posted a before and after. I was really happy with the cut. However, it was a simple hair cut and I am not sure what is involved with cutting curly hair.

^looks good, like the baby devil lock steelo ya got goin.

its warming up, times almost here to bid my locks adieu. rather than wild hairdo i had dreamt up for a while which would take way too much work for me to spend on my hair, i will instead be opting for my old buzzcut for the summer, complete with big daddy kane steps somethin like this...

84268691.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5483FBBA5824148E9A31B37BDC6B1F5146677612946298E6E27

(no eraserhead flat top shit though, obv)