Hair Thread

qom

Technique, I habitually brush my hair back and to the side with my hands and as a result my dead straight hair has developed a natural quiff/curl at the front. To the extent that people have observed that I have curly hair. So in theory yeah, positioning your hair to grow in a way you want it to probably could work.

Anyway there are obviously people on here who know better than me, so just wait for their responses :o

dum: good idea

and is it possible with my hair to do that slickback up there ^^?

why don't you try it instead of asking the quesiton on an internet forum?

it would take you less than three minutes and you'd see

instead you asked the question and had to wait for an answer (even if it didnt took so long to get one)

you're now one of the "i can't do anything with my hair and it looks ugly" stage yo have o go thru while growing out your hair

vanillawafer: i don't know any products of that and friends would've told me about. i wish i could find some.

cut it now before it gets worse.

I've been thinking about getting a haircut since my hair is a mess most of the time and when the time comes i usually just buzz it all off. This is what it looks like now.

shaggy.jpg

Not the best photo for hair, but it's just a shaggy mess. I want to try a cut like this though. They aren't the best photos either, they were paint screenshots from a YouTube video, lol. it's kind of similar to Ronaldo's style, buzzed on the sides/back but has some length on the top. I've asked some of my friends if I should try it out, but it's a hit or miss with them, some say no, some say yes. Has anyone else out there tried this cut? Is this even a good look?

haircut.jpg

haircut2.jpg

Technique, I habitually brush my hair back and to the side with my hands and as a result my dead straight hair has developed a natural quiff/curl at the front. To the extent that people have observed that I have curly hair. So in theory yeah, positioning your hair to grow in a way you want it to probably could work.

Anyway there are obviously people on here who know better than me, so just wait for their responses :o

Word, sounds good. I'm going to start wearing a beanie daily with my hair put towards a certain direction, and hopefully it should grow out that way after being put under pressure like that..

^lol I dunno if that is actually true, but from personal experience it doesn't change much or maybe not at all.

I've been wearing a beanie with my hair back and waxing/pomade(ing?) like that for about 1.5-2 yrs now and nothing really happened. Something that I've noticed for dead Asian hair is that if you flip/brush it back after a shower or something then it naturally looks wavy when it dries/settles, and it surprises people for some reason.

when i was a kid my stepdad always told me that he used to comb his hair a certain way and after a while he wouldnt have to because it would just stay that way

never knew if it worked or not

word pretty sure you can "train" your hair to fall a certain way/part a certain way

Nice, thanks for the responses guys. After a day of wearing a beanie my hair already started to face a certain way, will be doing this much longer to ensure it !

This is temporary, man. If you leave your beanie off for a couple hours or wash your hair it'll go back to dead.

Alternatively you could use pomade or wax to bring it back so your hair instead of wearing a beanie everyday, and your hair wont hurt every time you take off your beanie.

But don't get your hopes up. If you could really change direction your hair grows with a fucken beanie then nobody would have cowlicks.

This is temporary, man. If you leave your beanie off for a couple hours or wash your hair it'll go back to dead.

Alternatively you could use pomade or wax to bring it back so your hair instead of wearing a beanie everyday, and your hair wont hurt every time you take off your beanie.

But don't get your hopes up. If you could really change direction your hair grows with a fucken beanie then nobody would have cowlicks.

I was thinking so. I have been using wax to shape the way I want my hair to be, but that's exactly the reason as to why I am trying to make it grow this certain way. So I wouldn't have to buy wax and have it left the way I want, but I understand what your saying, makes sense.

Anyone have any recommendations for an alternative to Pureology's Nanowax? The bastards discontinued it

http://www.pureology.com/systems/stylers-texture/nanowax

Nanowax was medium hold, slightly increased "body" slightly clay and slightly pomade-like but with a light shine finish.

I'm using Aveda's wax-clay stuff that I like, except for the no-shine finish.

The standard Pomade is too slimy for me.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

I really wish everyone who asked for pomade advice would buy a container of Layrite and Layrite Superhold. It's an amazing product.

what's your current style/what are you going for?

i figure this is the only time i can really fuck around with different hairstyles. i'm gonna be working corporate in 2 years, so a pomp is a no go.

i'm perfectly fine with looking like a du straight out of a wong kar-wai film though

Exactly what I was going through until I found a job that accepted my long, stupid hair. Have fun, dude.

At this point I'm just growing it out. Front is past collar bone length, back goes further. All I do is throw it into a small knot high on the back of my head. Looks very asian but it's effective and since it's so asian, doesn't look like a dirtbag long hair concept.

I think all the peeps who are saying "I have super straight asian hair, how do I achieve this look?"

Get a blow dryer and some gatsy hair wax. Its that simple.

^what he said

and my asian hair is pretty damn wavy. i think the same peeps need to stop combing or grow their hair longer. cause ive rarely seen any asian-guys with asian-girl hair (superstraight)

stuntastic, any experience with suavecito?

im not stuntastic ( :cool: ) but its not that great, especially if you have longer hair. the rockabilly shop i get my cut at prefers it over layrite, and it still sucks imo. doesnt hold (my) hair well at all. SGB for lyfe. wish it didnt smell though