Hair Thread

qom

Hairspray won't achieve this look. It hardens your hair too much, and you won't get that soft/wispy look.

You can use either a very light molding wax or clay, or a not so greasy pomade. Very little amounts, because you don't want your hair to be in clumps.

Also, unless your hair had natural volume, you'd need to blowdry your hair a bit. As you can tell, the center has a bit of lift.

DJ Flame: That guy is walking out of a show, I assume. Dramatic looks like that take a shitload of work and in the scheme of things, rarely stay that way for long. This is said from experience with lots of stupid/complex haircuts. The best way to achieve it is to experiment, experiment, experiment. Accept you'll probably need to go to a decent stylist to keep it layered and pliable. You may need to use oils or sea salt spray for texture. Then pomade or grease to hold. Shit, you may even need to use a straightener before all of it to make it really pliable. For reference, straightening hair of any type makes it much easier to manipulate and hold in strange ways.

Thanks. I was thinking mousse on slightly wet hair, blowdry, then wax/clay to sclupt it into shape. I got soft, voluminous hair so the "lift" should be easy.

Wind's gonna mess up this do for sure.

Thanks. I was thinking mousse on slightly wet hair, blowdry, then wax/clay to sclupt it into shape. I got soft, voluminous hair so the "lift" should be easy.

Wind's gonna mess up this do for sure.

For limp azn hair like ours, I really do suggest the whole no-shampoo routine if you aren't already on it.

My hair is now too long to stay in Morrissey mode for more than 30 min so now I'm doing this for a bit:

tumblr_l80wj8PmWd1qbmp06.jpgtumblr_l80wjgN2m41qbmp06.jpg

(yes that's a sweater blazer, I have matching pants too and it is awesome, a "sweat suit")

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Planning a haircut again in a couple weeks and not sure if I'll just do the usual of sides/back buzzed and cleaning the top, or chop a bit off the top too.

for those on that olive oil tip, i switched to coconut oil and it's working well for me. less tack and my hair feels less heavy but still the right amount of greasy.

lasts longer too it seems.

yo, does anyone else use natural oils / gels / etc. in their hair? what's the coconut oil like?

i've been using aloe vera but want to look into jojoba oil. i fucking hate the feel of 'product' in my hair, but need something to keep the frizz under control. a little hold is great, too.

???

Olive oil was a great suggestion. Can't believe I never thought to try it. I'd test out the coconut oil, too, but it's not something I keep around the house normally, so that's out. I realize now that I haven't purchased a product specifically for my hair in over 3 years (including shampoo/conditioner -- I just use Bronners, so olive oil is just doing it for me all over the place).

Icarus -- that looks sick, the young morrissey look I always want but can't achieve.

This is my Quasi-Pomp. I'm getting my hair cut in a week and was only planning on getting the sides and back shortened while mostly leaving the top, but I am open to other styles if anyone has suggestions. I will not use hair products though, I'm in college and barely have enough time for sleep, much less hair care.

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

This is my Quasi-Pomp. I'm getting my hair cut in a week and was only planning on getting the sides and back shortened while mostly leaving the top, but I am open to other styles if anyone has suggestions. I will not use hair products though, I'm in college and barely have enough time for sleep, much less hair care.

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg