Hair Thread

qom

Hi guise, looking for hair style advice. Right now I have boring self cut hair, undecided of whether I should go short, keep it medium length and style more, or grow it out. I used to have long hair in high school and I'm having some nostalgia after looking at old pictures, but I'm not sure if it actually looked good or not, you be the judge. Here are pics of now and then for comparisons sake:

fit10hair.jpg last week

n50843355318763835226.jpg 2 years ago

oldhair.jpg 4 years ago

try shaving your head.

then come back here once you have made your decision

4808617202_f95b6bcc3d_z.jpg

how do i get this look? right now i buzzed my sides a #3 all the way up and left it long on top.

I want to do something like this too, just not slicked straight back; kind of a mashup of this and what ive got now.

what i've got now:

2296041430103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2021178500103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2102827080103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

I kind of want to keep what i've got, just shorter on the sides. Doable?

Kind of going for the pomp style too. Here's pictures from two weeks ago, it's definitely long (especially in back) and needs a cut, so hopefully it won't turn into a mess. Still trying to get the pomade right. I was using Aveda grooming cream when my hair was shorter. If I wash my hair it just gets flat and doesn't have a lot of texture to it. Was kind of doing a side part with a little roll I guess.

img3304.jpg

img3305n.jpg

i wish i could wear my bedhair more often

i did this today when i got my passport photo taken:

sdfdsafwsf004balancedgraincrop2.jpg

also hung over. it was rejected because my hair was outside the borders of the space you're allowed for the pic. moral of the story is, clean yourself up b4 going to get any id done

edit: i should mention that i've been doing the no-wash thing for 2 weeks now and i recommend it to everybody

I don't wash my hair either. Whenever I'd wash my hair, it would get really straight and flat, and I'd get dandruff. Now I don't wash my hair, just get it wet and run my fingers through it. If it's really gross I'll add a drop or two of Dr. Bronners and put it on real quick and then rinse it out. My hair isn't greasy or gross looking either. Makes it a lot easier to style also.

you're only supposed to do your first soak after 6 months. sometimes people like to do a sea water/dip in the ocean wash.

hair is basically the same as denim so all rules apply if you want sick fades/hair style.

oh damn i had no idea. i'm not surprised my hair fades suck, no contrast at all.

HAIR NOOBS.

Washing your hair everyday with product or not, washes out a lot of the natural oils that your hair needs.

Makes a big difference, esp. when it comes to styling your hair.

If anything, wet comb your hair, to style it.

And too much dandruff shampoo (more than once a week,) will fuck up your scalp like a bad rash. Esp. when you go for something stronger than Head and Shoulders.

I only wash (shampoo and condition, if that) my hair once a week. I'll hop in the shower and get my hair wet so it sets my hair down.

Fools be thinkin that since I be had dreads, I ain't know hair. PFFFT...

Cheese ballin.

lately, I've been putting conditioner on my hair before i get into the shower and then washing it out with water at the end of the shower. That's been working really well for me so far... I've got black people hair though so it's probably different.

I've been meaning to post this for a while on my tumblr and here. But I started off on my new blag.

Read it.

http://therebelrouser.wordpress.com

Don't give up on Murray's so easily.

Nice write up, wish I had it to refer to before.

I figured I'll use it to style for nice/fancy events, I definitely learned my lesson last night. After being a tard trying to shampoo it out, I soaked with mineral oil ~15 mins, and used grease cutting dish soap, after the soap was applied I used a fine tooth comb and combed through my hair. Repeated 3 times to make sure it was out. Thank god for bryl cream though cause after that treatment my hair felt awful.