Hair Thread

qom

Well,

I went out for a Pomp-ish kind of thing.

Talked to my stylist, decided on a more versatile 40's-esque parted combover.

Its really neat if I want it to be, for these I used a thickening clay that kinda flattens the shine and teased it into a more every day thing.

3775452511_e2e0ba9da8.jpg

3775453839_1afdc36687.jpg

3775453291_2d9df8ae71.jpg

Very, very pleased.

For this I used Lanza Urban Molding Paste, its not bad at all, my stylist recommended it to me a few haircuts ago.

I did however try a fiber gum called Osis on this as well, didnt like it one bit, clumped my hair into little spikes and was too shiny. The stuff my stylist actually used on me today was made by the same people (Schwarzkopf makes this line apparently) and hers had some sand in it supposedly. This made my hair nice and dullish, and held really well. Im going to try that next.

Any styling tips? I've been trying to pull this off for a while as well.

-start with wet hair

-apply hairspray

-blow dry back with one hand while using a vent brush with the other to curl the hair back

-apply styling cream

-use a finishing spray if u want

you can probably do it up, my hairs too long to do that now but i could if it was shorter (im asian). Just make sure you can get a good haircut that can thin out your hair a bit and cut the sides shorter without buzzing them.

just make sure you got a good brush and a proper styling product. That and theres probably some weird tricks that the stylists do to keep the hold that i dont know about.

200905-06229-1.jpg

200905-06247-1.jpg

200905-06264-1.jpg

lol second one i fucked with the color settings too much

i

love

your

hair

i have the same cut and i love it bc it so versatile. i can do it like how you have it, slick it back in a pompadour, push it foward and have bangs -- its the shizz. whoever did it for you did a good job because the sides are blended impeccably.

much rep

i wash my hair with shampoo once a week so it doesn't get too much out of hand, but it's true that the hair is nicer and you can style it a lot easier if you need to

wha wha wha – don't you people exercise?!?

but seriously º I just dropped coin on malin + goetz conditioner/shit cause I'm always in the ocean or sweating hard everyday. I'll tell you'all how it goes (and if it's worth the effin cash)

i think this is okay, but you should grow the sides out some more.

then you'll be lynchin' on us neggas, so to speak...

yeah it is a bit severe, mainly its because im tryin to save money on haircuts. gotta learn how to cut it myself one of these days..

To those who asked:

I think for the last style I used a mixture of American Crew and Sebastian craft clay. Sebastian craft clay has a stronger hold but american crew gives you a more sticky consistency.

Yeah fiber. I get hair products based on what i read in this thread anyways. American crew, seb craft clay and osis mess up

frankly speaking, i dont use the products consciously, i just use whatever is closest to me when i need to style my hair

first is deceivingly thinned out, I feel way bushier than that pic suggests, bulbous is the word I think of when I look at myself in the mirror for too long. you think I can pull of that general look alright though, specifically the shaved sides/back?

I think recent events and my uncertainty in style/hair have compounded to give me an identity crisis the last couple months, sufu will save me though faith