Hair Thread

qom

• 4 months later...

Hey, figured I ressurect this thread since I'm in need a haircut again, can't say that the last try was a success, but maybe you've got better ideas this time.

Since it's summer I wanna get a short cut, but not shaved or something like that, just short and fresh, so, any ideas?

theone.jpg

So, do they put whatever is in their hair in their collars as well or is it the other way around?

Anybody remember that movie "Everybody Loves Mary"? Same rules apply.

Anyways, I'd say to just get a general idea, go to a salon and have it done similar to how you like - then if you want to try cutting that yourself go for it. I've cut my own hair terribly before and it didn't cause *too* much trouble...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I want to get my hair cut like Verbal from m-flo, here are some examples of his style:

0214zy0.jpg

mainlsu1.jpg

index09nn5.jpg

What numbers should I ask for at the barber for the top, sides, etc?

A barber will probably not be able to give you this style. The cut looks simple but it's probably been done by a highly trained stylist who uses scissors and sophisticated techniques. I doubt a buzzer was used at all.

Can anyone in London recommend a good place to get cut apart from Toni & Guy/essensuals and HOB Salons?

I've always gone to Tommy Guns on Beak St. They've also got a branch in Shoreditch.

should go to a Japanese salon if you can... Hairmates in NYC is a decently priced one ($30 + tip)

I usually don't get a haircut in a salon, I let my friend mess with her scissors on my hair, but last Sunday I tried Hairmates out of impulse and i give it a 3.5 stars. Definitely great and fitting for the price. I have a punkish haircut now. Maybe next time I'll try this http://www.glennjason.com guy!

ive stopped doing my hair

i like to wear it however it is whenever i wake up

i do some minor adjustments like removing poofyness adn wahtnot

i use some paul mitchel super slim serum to bring the sides down

but usually i get a lot of comments saying that people like but it just looks like i just had sex

If youre in HI go to RAIZ, its originally a Japanese salon (in Tokyo), but they opened up a spot here too. My last haircut was around $55, but Ive gotten compliments on it and also the service and products they use are great, I dont feel that spending a considerable amount of money on a haircut is all that different from buying a spruce hoodie for a 160 or Dior jeans for god knows what price depending on the style.

The bottom line here (as others have posted) is to go to a REAL salon if youre really concerned about your hair

2CENTS

(N).

RED DEAD: that hairstyle is insanely easy to acheive without going to a stylist. if your hair is longer than that all the way around, all you have to do is open your fingers real wide then hold your hand to your head. close your fingers together so that the hair is sticking out between fingers and cut into that hair at an angle really unevenly and haphazardly. go around your whole head a few times then look in the mirror. itll be obivous which spots youve missed that need to be touched up. it takes about an hour to get it the right length and thickness all the way around, but i started cutting my own hair like this years ago and even friends of mine who cut hair professionally ask where i get my shit done at. its really that fucking easy though.

RED DEAD: that hairstyle is insanely easy to acheive without going to a stylist. if your hair is longer than that all the way around, all you have to do is open your fingers real wide then hold your hand to your head. close your fingers together so that the hair is sticking out between fingers and cut into that hair at an angle really unevenly and haphazardly. go around your whole head a few times then look in the mirror. itll be obivous which spots youve missed that need to be touched up. it takes about an hour to get it the right length and thickness all the way around, but i started cutting my own hair like this years ago and even friends of mine who cut hair professionally ask where i get my shit done at. its really that fucking easy though.

You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that before I start cutting my hair thanks to your guide which basically says "cut your hair with scissors." Also, I bet it depends on what kind of hair you have. For instance, I have damn curly hair, say, for instance, you don't, and I follow your haphazard hair guide? I could totally mess with my do (doo?).

I'll stick to looking like the blonde jesus from behind, thanks (it's true!).

that's how i've been cutting my hair for the past two years.

it's a bitch to clean up// get the back tho.

#13 3rd ave, right neart the corner of st marks pl. take the 6 or RW to Astor Place/8th street.

thats funny someone mentioned hairmates. i recently went there for my last cut. it was pretty good, and mens cuts are $35 + tip, so I leave $40. what i don't like about salon cuts is that they're less willing to really trim down the sides. if you want that, you have to be firm and emphasize that you do want that. other than that, its a really cool japanese salon.