Comme des garcons PLAY

kakaro

most japanese brands run smaller than american brands( from what ive been told and learnt from this site).

so if you buy a medium in CDG, it would fit like a usuall small..

Edit: hope that helped

most japanese brands run smaller than american brands( from what ive been told and learnt from this site).

yeah, thanks alot.

I figured that's how it worked, just had the need to ask :)

Not realy i got 2 play tees and a cardigan they run a normal medium if anything a pretty large medium.

bullshitars.blogspot.com

This is wrong. I have the play shirt with the green face on it or whatever in a small. It fits quite a bit bigger then what a small aa shirt would fit like. Size down if you wear your shirts slimmer.

play is for peasants who can't afford homme, shirt, certain j.w., or tricot.

I totally LOL'd.

The CDG play is a very small line, compared to homme plus and junya.

-cardi

-polo

-tee (maybe like 7-8 patterns)

-perfume

what else?

Something I recently learned: CDG Ever Green

A recent issue of HUGE had a feature on CDG EG.

They are just releasing old CDG stuff with a few modifications.

"Timeless CDG pieces."

I have a tee and a longsleeved.

The t-shirt is a size large and fits like a small medium. It's kinda wide, and short.

The longsleeved is size medium and fits like a small, it is normal lenght, but not wide at all. Also, the sleeves are kinda wide.

Guest jmatsu
Something I recently learned: CDG Ever Green

A recent issue of HUGE had a feature on CDG EG.

They are just releasing old CDG stuff with a few modifications.

"Timeless CDG pieces."

yeah this is fucking great! their catalogs are so huge that alot of people might not even recognize the pieces.

Guest jmatsu
I still want their pointy shoes. HIT ME UP

i don't think r.k. gave the play department a big enough budget to do shoe production!

which ones do you want??

jmatsu's first comment about play for peasants is so cutting and hilarious because it's true. i don't even know why these things (play t-shirts, logo/slogan) are such a hit on the streets of Hong Kong...its like comme des garcons decided to one day out of nowhere say, 'let's just make t-shirts where there's no design, and we just slap our logo on there and charge $100 for it'

It's part of the reason why i'm not such a fan of Comme these days...on the marketing end there's a lot of collaborations between CdG and every brand out there, there's stuff that's purely marketing/hype like the Play line, and even the officially designed line nowadays are too over the top...which wouldn't normally be a problem, except the fabrics and construction leave much to be desired. a few years ago i was still checking for the brands under this label, nowadays if i walk into a multi-brand boutique i can't be bothered to sift through the cdg sections.

The tee's with the great big PLAY branding suck majorly. I like the ones with the heart faces - the design placement is interesting, thats why I bought one, although it is something anyone could print themselves for $10.

I guess it's different in Australia as the brand is barely available here at all so what seems like a commercial budget line to you is something unseen here.

Guest jmatsu
The tee's with the great big PLAY branding suck majorly. I like the ones with the heart faces - the design placement is interesting, thats why I bought one, although it is something anyone could print themselves for $10.

I guess it's different in Australia as the brand is barely available here at all so what seems like a commercial budget line to you is something unseen here.

homme homme you're all good. i've often thought about shit i'd were in america vs. in japan vs. other parts of the world. it's like i wonder if swedish fashionistas actually wear cheap monday.

definatley. the nice CDG shirts I have seen are the ones with the embroidered logo's on. I think its a nice logo and they have good design.. This is mirrored in the polo shirts.

homme homme you're all good. i've often thought about shit i'd were in america vs. in japan vs. other parts of the world. it's like i wonder if swedish fashionistas actually wear cheap monday.

this is something i think about as well. Subconsciously my style adjusts...in the states i tend to care less and i wouldn't mind going out looking somewhat sloppy, but in hong kong even if i'm gonna look sloppy, it better be a stylish sloppy. For example: I don't wear my AA hoodies in HK, when i was back in michigan it was part of my daily outfit. Likewise, that monstrosity of a size 54 Prada sport down jacket i wore all the time would never see the light of day here at home.