the heroin thread (for hardcore addicts)

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

void is probably my favorite hardcore band next to black flag. they invented so many sounds and they still sound ahead of everyone else today

i have their "hit and run" demo its hilariously awesome.

Die Kruezen is great but an aquired taste, you either love them or hate them. their late era metal stuff is SO BAD

the whole DIY san diego sound always reminded me of the manchester art school bands of the 1980s without synths + the early noisey garage bands like SUICIDE.

what was the highest bid? crazy novelty...i think max said they only made like 14 of em...

i have that 2" slight slappers record on slap-a-ham....ill sell it if anyone wants it.

I need to break out some of my angel hair and Infest vinyl records again. Such amazing stuff, such a raw sound. I'm still on the lookout for that uber rare 1" spazz joke record that went on ebay a shit long time ago.

those angel hair videos are rad. heroin was a sweeet band. indian summer, hoover?? shiitt!! ebullition records was fucking awesome or old witching hour releases. kinda crazy to think greg from saetia was in interpol for awhile haha. portraits of past, yaphett kotto, STILL LIFE! bringing back some memories of listening to these bands for the very first time and getting chills. was anybody into ten grand? amazing, amazing band. Orchid was probably the band that really got me into screamo.

Ten Grand-

Indian Summer-

Orchid's last show-

Spirit of Versailles

yo...that last orchid video was amazing...thanks.

i wish i had a scanner sooo bad, i took the craziest pic of the singer of orchid..for real, this pic is gold..its when they played at the university of houston in 2000.

anyone ever see le shok play!!!! some of the best shows ive been too ever...they were pill heads and when they played here i flowed them all ms contins.

Guest jmatsu

anyone ever see le shok play!!!! some of the best shows ive been too ever...they were pill heads and when they played here i flowed them all ms contins.

le shok was stellar.

not too much to do with the musical genres of the therad, but i do like the distration since he became the singer.

fixed

. shit was hilarious because hot rod tod was just being a total asshole. great times.

yea...hot rod tod didnt give a fuck.

saw em play at 924 gilman and he jumped off stage and pushed/headbutted this dude in the audience all the way to the back of the room and ran back on stage..dude looked pissed..

then another show the the guitarist threw his guitar in the air and hit some girl in the face and it gave her a bloody nose...they didnt even apoligize..just kept calling everyone pussies....hahahaha.

but "we are the electricution" lp is still a favorite/classic.

in my area, all the kids in screamo and diy bands of this sound all jumped ship and grew beards and now are all about SUNN and stoner rock.

a band example is Examination Of The... , stellar spastic orchid stuff then they go neurosis now half the band is in a stoner rock band and the other dude plays solo snoorzville amp worship ala sunn.

there was an omaha band called Plosion, now they are in a stoner metal band Back When, which has members of Robots Dont Cry and Suttercane... midwest diy bands from the late 90s.

straightedge spocks to stoner sludge, i always thought that was an ironic twist on their whole schtick

i was to young for that group and i jumped ship from american nightmare to the jam. less embarrassing in my opinion

a band example is Examination Of The... ,

straightedge spocks to stoner sludge, i always thought that was an ironic twist on their

whole schtick

\

haha, i saw the examination of the...with like forstella ford..i do remember at least one or two of them having beards at the time (2000,2001?)....

everybody does there thing, then moves on...phases...its all good...people change.

i really hate that stoner sludge shit though...i guess cuz i dont smoke dirt.

shit man, i bought a Franklin lp for $5 yesterday...good to see at least someone was into that in the dirty H.

• 4 weeks later...

picked up a huggy bear 7" on gravity for $1.....anyone know if its out of print?

then in the mail i come home to recieve the leshok/the stitches 7" and le shok "so what " 7"

and finally that ink and dagger drive that wooden7" blah blah..first song road to hell is my favorite..any one of you still go "record shopping"?

Its been awhile for me but I was just talking about it last night with an ex.

I really need to go out and get my hands on a bunch of stuff.

sufu record shopping club? anyone?

Guest jmatsu

i just listened to the staccato reads 7". it's been years. probably one of the few gravity non fall on the floor pee your pants screamo bands.

Guest jmatsu
there're are a few of gravity non-hardcore-ish records. one of them being the huggy bear record that larry bird just got.

man, i used to buy so many records (hardcore, noise, whatever). now i just buy gay clothes.

yeah huggy bear were kinda punkish pseudo riot grrl, right?

i remember they had some split with this other english band. i think they were called some shit like spectra sound syndicate or something. what was it? i remember sounding really good. tell me.

yeah huggy bear were kinda punkish pseudo riot grrl, right?

i remember they had some split with this other english band. i think they were called some shit like spectra sound syndicate or something. what was it? i remember sounding really good. tell me.

As far as I remember they never did a split with any bands like that but I think they had a release on the Soul Static Sound label. Is that what you're thinking of?

Guest jmatsu
As far as I remember they never did a split with any bands like that but I think they had a release on the Soul Static Sound label. Is that what you're thinking of?

yeah maybe that was it. it sounds familiar... thanks. so i guess it was just huggy bear all along?