Roberto Cavalli at H&M

trees

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cavalli is a lot of tacky animal prints for nouveau-riche Russians and possibly lottery winning Chavs. He fills the niche of the old Gianni Versace although I must say that Gianni was much more creative than Cavalli who simply cuts up leopard prints randomly.

Combine that with H&M's inferior quality and what do you have? Trailer-park 16 year old "Blowjob for 5 bucks and some change back" slut wear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The dress shirts are a bit out of the ordinary.

Look 1: There are other people doing trenchcoats right now at pretty okay price points that are far more interesting than this. Mediocre fit and not a particularly great color either.

Look 2: I feel the suit cut isn't as flattering as other suits right now. The lines are a bit looser than I feel H&M's target audience is looking for. Shoes are nice, if plain. I'm wondering what that shirt looks like underneath.

Look 3: I do not understand this knit. Other people have done chunky knits better and in far more interesting ways. There are better alternatives, even at the price H&M will probably offer this. Again, the shirt does prove intriguing. It'd be nice to see more collar variety introduced into the masses.

Look 4: I don't know how I feel about a one-button, peak-lapel suit in navy. Especially if that the navy isn't really lustrous, and the photo makes me doubt that it is. Same shirt collar as 3, but in a monochrome.

Shoes 1: I'll be surprised if it's real suede. Perhaps just treated canvas? I don't know. The shape is nice, but some of the lines feel a little off.

Shoes 2: Is anyone else getting a slightly feminine vibe off of these? I don't know. The height of the boot and the construction seems to set off the heel. And in my book, men's shoes should not be emphasizing the heel.

Look 5: Those look like French cuffs. If so, I might be compelled. It looks like there's some animal-esque printing on the tie. Oy.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The dress shirts are a bit out of the ordinary.

Look 1: There are other people doing trenchcoats right now at pretty okay price points that are far more interesting than this. Mediocre fit and not a particularly great color either.

Look 2: I feel the suit cut isn't as flattering as other suits right now. The lines are a bit looser than I feel H&M's target audience is looking for. Shoes are nice, if plain. I'm wondering what that shirt looks like underneath.

Look 3: I do not understand this knit. Other people have done chunky knits better and in far more interesting ways. There are better alternatives, even at the price H&M will probably offer this. Again, the shirt does prove intriguing. It'd be nice to see more collar variety introduced into the masses.

Look 4: I don't know how I feel about a one-button, peak-lapel suit in navy. Especially if that the navy isn't really lustrous, and the photo makes me doubt that it is. Same shirt collar as 3, but in a monochrome.

Shoes 1: I'll be surprised if it's real suede. Perhaps just treated canvas? I don't know. The shape is nice, but some of the lines feel a little off.

Shoes 2: Is anyone else getting a slightly feminine vibe off of these? I don't know. The height of the boot and the construction seems to set off the heel. And in my book, men's shoes should not be emphasizing the heel.

Look 5: Those look like French cuffs. If so, I might be compelled. It looks like there's some animal-esque printing on the tie. Oy.

You are being too picky. This is just Cavalli @ H&M after all.

Good analysis. I pretty much agree with all you wrote. I don't see anything that interests me.

ps. i forgot i ever posted in this thread. i'm curious if no one got this joke or if i'm just really that unfunny.

maybe don't answer that

i think dolce's denim/shitty tees gives them a terrible rap. some of the cuts on their suits can be pretty spot on (similar to dior even) and they put out some fantastic tuxedos.

that being said, cavalli for h&m can go either way, just like cavalli's customer base.

It actually looks much better than I had expected. The cuts look surprisingly good, and introducing french cuffs and different collars to the masses is a great idea. Anyone who comments about the material quality right now is a dumbass, because H&M makes everything from amazing to will fall apart the first time you wear it, and in such stylized pictures there is no way to tell.

I'll be back in Vienna the weekend of Nov 16, so I'll check out the leftovers if there are any. I don't think I'll buy something since I'm not looking at cheap suits (not meant in a degrading manner) right now, but it's still interesting to see what comes out of this collaboration.

Lagerfeld x H&M was still the best one they had so far, since it was basically well priced, decent quality basics with an edge. This looks like something similar. You won't see still wearing it, but that's missing the point.

Both Cavalli and Dolce get lots of neg rep because they do some really fucking disgusting shit, but both also do some great stuff.

It actually looks much better than I had expected. The cuts look surprisingly good, and introducing french cuffs and different collars to the masses is a great idea.

dude, have you been living on superfuture and inside GQ for the past 5 years? introducing them?? have you ever stepped inside a shopping mall or a campus bar or a party with douchebags attendant ? french cuffs are the guido/club asshole cuff of choice because you can ice out your wrists with CZ links.

The whole collection is up on the website.

Lots of trash. LOTS.

A hoard of animal print and pedestrian pieces for the womenswear. Boring stuff for the menswear.

There is a bronze-ish scarf that looks kind of nice... I guess...

Here are the illustration from the collection..

watkins_cavalli_hm.jpg

watkins_cavalli_hm2.jpgwatkins_cavalli_hm3.jpg

watkins_cavalli_hm4.jpgwatkins_cavalli_hm5.jpg

Although it's not my style, I personally have nothing against it.

There's no harm on getting good design with cheap price.

But the idea of queing for hours in this weather and fighting your way through hundreds of women for some H&M pieces is kinda scary.

I FUCKING HATE!

Aaarggggh!

I mean, I tried to be optimistic. But it is absolutely terrible. I would have gone and swiped some XS or Ss to sell on eBay, but this isn't anything like what Uncle Karl or Luella did.

This is what I get for hoping that Cavalli wouldn't spread zebra print over everything.