supertalk6
Sign in to follow this  
sufu1

Superfuture Logo Usage

hi

superfuture's logo is trademarked and cannot be used without prior authorization from us and our extremely expensive lawyers. if you wish to use our logo then you must first provide us with a proposal, which clearly outlines the exact usage. if it is for usage on products you need to include details of all design, financial, and legal parameters. we will then assess your proposal and make a decision based on this. we are pleased to be working on collaborations, but we are not simply going to approve use of our logo via a pm!!!

thanks

wayne

what about sufu in a font that does not resemble your logo? i mean, it could stand for some ungodly fucking ukranians

ungodly fucking ukranians are definitely not super, nor are they the future (i hope) cheep...

i'd assume superdenim would be fine.

I have a trademark pending on superdenim.

pay me some money and I'll let you use it. I guarantee my prices are cheaper than superfuture's.

Oh shit, don't even think of typing "superfuture" in tightly tracked Helvetica. Expensive lawyers might come to get you!

try asking nudie or dior if you can just use their name and logo on your next pair of jeans... and let me know what they say.

hello. i didn't spend almost a decade trying to develop the brand superfuture to have other people claim the name for themselves whenever they want to - especially purely for their own benefit and not superfutures... we have spend thousands of dollars in the past on trademark and will continue to enforce trademark rights... unfortunately every thousand dollars we have to spend on expensive lawyers is a thousand dollars less we have to spend on developing this website...

Oh shit, don't even think of typing "superfuture" in tightly tracked Helvetica. Expensive lawyers might come to get you!

damn. what if they gave you a free pair of the sufu jeans from B.I.G.?

wait so does this mean that the sufu warehouse jeans big is working on are FAKE superfuture jeans?

not trying to be sarcastic or a dick here, but isn't getting superfuture printed on dozens and dozens of pairs of jeans a good thing? spreading the brand name (and providing a potential for profit?) ... just a thought that maybe wayne's involvement in the concept could be beneficial to both parties.

they can't be called 'superfuture'. 'sufu' is ok. but it is not a superfuture branded product and we are not involved in the project in any other capacity. it is an independent community based project. however in the future we are pleased to look at any proper detailed proposal for collaboration on official products.

damn. what if they gave you a free pair of the sufu jeans from B.I.G.?

wait so does this mean that the sufu warehouse jeans big is working on are FAKE superfuture jeans?

superfuture tattoos are fine... but ask me for the correct artwork first. nothing tackier than incorrectly tracked helvetica neue...

superfuture tattoos are fine... but ask me for the correct artwork first. nothing tackier than incorrectly tracked helvetica neue...

Wayne, the next time you're talking to your expensive lawyers, you may want to discuss broadening the goods & services listed in your trademark to cover clothing & accessories, etc. (assuming that may be something the sf logo will be present on) if so many threats are arising in those fields or merchandise. Checking out applying in other countries might be a good idea too considering the broad scope of users on your site (which, btw, is a commendable achievement).

...just a random suggestion...I'm not giving legal advice (that's my disclaimer ).;)

Hahahhaha...

I could blow up the spot but it's not even worth it.

how were the shirts made? i know it was a collaboration but was that through wayne?

I'm honestly a bit disappointed in this. I mean, I've contacted you guys about getting tags put on my sneakers, but the answer was so vague. I dont want to do a colloboration, I want to order some cheap canvas sneakers, buy labels, pay someone to put them on, and ship em out. Theres no designing, and no collaboration. But, it is your logo, and your community, I'll have to respect it.

is it really this hard for people to understand copyright and trademark?

I don't think the owners of this site truly understand it.

what the hell? wayne, can you at least order another round of superfuture t-shirts at least?

How hard is it to realize that superfuture isn't different from any other company and that it makes perfect sense that they don't want others to use their logo without permission?

watch out... superfuture will get all levis on your ass if you use thier logo... which is the word superfuture in the font used here. if you did superfuture in say, futura in a red rectangle, it probably would be fine... i think.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed in this. I mean, I've contacted you guys about getting tags put on my sneakers, but the answer was so vague. I dont want to do a colloboration, I want to order some cheap canvas sneakers, buy labels, pay someone to put them on, and ship em out. Theres no designing, and no collaboration. But, it is your logo, and your community, I'll have to respect it.

no offense fg0d

but what incentive does wayne have to allow you to use superfuture branding on these shoes?

not only does the superfuture team have no creative input into the shoe, you yourself have nothing to do with their design or construction

as you said, there is no design and no collaboration involved

what good is it to the superfuture brand image if you slapped the logo on some mass-produced bargain wholesale sneakers which you yourself have identified as cheap?

there doesnt really seem to be much point of adding the logo so arbitrarily aside from helping you move a few extra pairs to forum heads

if there was any ambiguity in the response im sure it was just wayne being polite

but without question id expect he meant "no"

again, i dont mean to be negative

but people need to start cooking with gas