US Spelling Bee Champ Evan O'Dorney. Social Outcast or Reclusive Genious

homi29

wait wait wait wait....oblivious to whats happening around him?

is your name PIMPARCROMBIE?

Yeah. When he's on stage trying (terribly hard) to spell "jaundice" or whatever, and everyone's laughing, he also smiles and sort of laughs, as if to go along with the joke, but I doubt he realizes that he's the butt of the joke--hence, oblivious to the laughter/set up. The combination of him looking confused and oblivious, and also everyone laughing at the expense of his confusion just makes me feel guilty. I've worked with children with disabilities, and if he does indeed have some medical condition, I just can't get myself to laugh. But that's just me.

Nope, that's not what it stands for.

Yeah. When he's on stage trying (terribly hard) to spell "jaundice" or whatever, and everyone's laughing, he also smiles and sort of laughs, as if to go along with the joke, but I doubt he realizes that he's the butt of the joke--hence, oblivious to the laughter/set up. The combination of him looking confused and oblivious, and also everyone laughing at the expense of his confusion just makes me feel guilty. I've worked with children with disabilities, and if he does indeed have some medical condition, I just can't get myself to laugh. But that's just me.

Nope, that's not what it stands for.

I dont think he has a medical condition, nor was he really the brunt of the joke. Mexicans were the brunt of the joke, and they're always okay to laugh at.

Also, thank god thats not what it stands for.

Canadians aren't allowed to make Mexican jokes.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has asperbergers. I know a couple whose daughter has this and it's very similiar. She's really interested in a few things and has really weak social skills and just doesn't understand a lot of what's going on.

Canadians aren't allowed to make Mexican jokes.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has asperbergers. I know a couple whose daughter has this and it's very similiar. She's really interested in a few things and has really weak social skills and just doesn't understand a lot of what's going on.

now if we could get o-dorney to spell out asperbergers (sp?), and ask for a definition, maybe he'll self-diagnose

you know what

i'm listening to those things he's saying about his music and math, it's quite honestly beautiful to hear. his mathematical music notation system, developed by himself, and a piano concerto for a small string ensemble? and all this by the age of 13...i say he deserves not to be judged by ordinary human standards. we can have all the social skills in the world, and he could very well be a more significant individual than any one of us.

frankly plenty of great artists were ridiculously eccentric, and yet we remember them for the geniuses they were. i don't know what he will become, but i'm just saying that what he's achieved so far is immense.

jimmy kimmel, or whoever planned the episode, is a pathetic, tiny human bean.

i will also admit to being amused by the skit. but it's a very guilty sort of amusement.

you know what

i'm listening to those things he's saying about his music and math, it's quite honestly beautiful to hear. his mathematical music notation system, developed by himself, and a piano concerto for a small string ensemble? and all this by the age of 13...i say he deserves not to be judged by ordinary human standards. we can have all the social skills in the world, and he could very well be a more significant individual than any one of us.

frankly plenty of great artists were ridiculously eccentric, and yet we remember them for the geniuses they were. i don't know what he will become, but i'm just saying that what he's achieved so far is immense.

right fucking on.

... i used to tear up spelling bees in 7th grade.. i came in 10th at the state level.

i could'a been a contender, i tells ya.

right fucking on.

... i used to tear up spelling bees in 7th grade.. i came in 10th at the state level.

i could'a been a contender, i tells ya.

second that right up. the person the scheduled him to attend the show and be ridiculed and made a laughing stock of by the show host and the fucking MEXICAN BEE must be a fucker. The world is fair, with his amazing capabilities, sure he has to give back some, you can't have it all.